It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Get off Easily?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok, do you remember "little Elian"? Now someone is suing the government due to trauma from the raid to get him. I swear, he was here illegally, if he had been an adult the people would have stuck his butt in a crate and shipped him back to Cuba. Why is Elian being a kid mean any difference? He still committed a crime. Just cause they a kid, if they kill, rape, steal, they still committing a crime.

Another case, kid in my neighbor hood is mentally challeneged. He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, and finally let go. The people who did it were neighborhood teens who thought it was funny. Guess what? 3 years later when they turned 18 they were released. They TORTURED someone and only got 3 years cause they were "minors".

Or someone who use to be a friend was on drugs, wanted into someones house. They told him no, but this kid who's name I will not use, is a spoiled little brat who always gets what he wants, if you tell him no, you don't get away with it. The ex-friend took a 2x4 and broke into the house and attacked the other friend and his guest. But he was 17, so a minor and gets probation for drug possesion, B&E, assault with a deadly x4(four people) and resisting arresst. He now does drugs, his mother left her parents house and moved in with a b/f to get away from him, his aunt hates him and called the cops last time he went to her house, his grandparents keep calling the cops on him, but he always does the "I'm a minor" bs and never gets in trouble. Several counts of drug possession, running from cops, assault(his mother, why she left) robbery of a computer store, finally crashed his g/fs car when drunk, so she left him, but since he is under 18 he has never spent a day in jail. Why? Just because you are under 18 does not mean you are a "minor". One would think that violating his freaking probation would do it, but nooooo, he a minor. He was suppose to go to classes for drugs, like NA, and a anger management class to, but never has. Why I stopped being friends with him.

I understand if say, a 8 year old accidently breaks something, or say pushes a ladder someone was on and they fell and hurt themselves, but you have 15-17 year olds getting away with TORTURE! and no problem, they a minor, let them go/slap them on the wrist.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well, they are minors.... but I think maybe we should lower the age of a minor to 15 or 16, kids today are growing faster then they use to. Well, some of them are, you have the kids who's "Fragile little mind"(Cartman from South Park movie) have been warped by games and tv according to psychiatrists.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I understand if say, a 8 year old accidently breaks something, or say pushes a ladder someone was on and they fell and hurt themselves, but you have 15-17 year olds getting away with TORTURE! and no problem, they a minor, let them go/slap them on the wrist.

They do get off quite easily, which doesn't make sense with regard to certain crimes such as the ones you mentioned above. At 8, I would think there may be something wrong that may be able to be changed, or help may be given. But at 15-17 or so, they're old enough to know what they're doing and to know the consequences of. Second chances for mistakes, I guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh, so they "mistakenly" tortured someone for a few hours? I doubt that, I think the men(not kids, at 15-17 they know what is wrong and right, unlike a kid) were able to get good lawyers. But damn, I had to talk to the police because I ratted a druggie out cause he pissed me off when i caught him copying me. But I get interrogated by the police, in the station, cause the druggy got expelled and was saying it was all my fault. I didn't do anything wrong, did what was right, and yet I am the one in a police station while the druggy, caught doing a deal, is out and about.(it was nice though, no one cared if I was there, like I didn't even exist)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
But I get interrogated by the police, in the station, cause the druggy got expelled and was saying it was all my fault. I didn't do anything wrong, did what was right, and yet I am the one in a police station while the druggy, caught doing a deal, is out and about.(it was nice though, no one cared if I was there, like I didn't even exist)

That's also frustrating when stuff like what you mentioned happened, when you didn't actually do anything wrong. Sometimes crap like that is really messed up and it appears things get switched around. The people who actually do something get less than a slap on the wrist, yet if you do something small you're in big SH*T.

new topics

top topics

join