It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misplaced fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I believe the worst kind of people is those who use your own moral compass against you just to learn you a lesson..
We are probably the only creature in the universe who are taught the concept of guilt, which comes from the same place as love..
If you dont feel fear nor if you arent afraid then you cant be taught the concept of shame..

When we raise our pets, guilt is not something they know, but fear and shame is, not regret..
An animal only feels shame,but a human knows guilt, that is what separate us from the Animal Kingdom..

But someone who grows a cold heart, without any love and just guilt, it will grow into a monster.
Just cause a misplaced primate knows shame but not guilt because of ideals..
Is it right that the shameful primate teach the human a lesson?

You can call yourself any name or specie you like, but for me you are just the same as those monkeys jumping in trees millions of years ago.
A book doesnt change an animal, an ideal forms an animal.. You forgot love, and misplaced it with fear..

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Guilt seems like the same thing as shame only guilt is introspective.

For example, you feel shame when you disappoint someone else. Whereas Guilt is more when you disappoint yourself.

Guilt requires that the animal spends time reflecting upon themselves and in introspective thinking. I don't think most other animals, even primates, spend time reflecting upon themselves or evaluating themselves like humans do. Our ego selves are much more developed. Perhaps even too much as it's the cause of many of our problems as well.

join