It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

EMP event forthcoming?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
After reading the comments from members stating that they had "generators" for use after the EMP hits, I asked myself, what would an EMP do to one of those? Since I don't have a generator myself, and am not very informed regarding types/usage of said devices, I did a little bit of perusing and came up with an interesting and informative article that some may find useful:
Residential Standby Generators for EMP and Severe Solar Storms

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET
Being in northern ontario canada. We have really late springs and early winters.
It started cooling off in september this year, and has already snowed here 4 times up at work. Thank crap it hasnt stayed on the ground yet! ...but its coming.
If it came down to an event as described above, then ya, we would have to try to get something planted.
I actually wouldnt mind it if an event like that took place. kind of like the walking dead... But unfortunately no zombies....unless the solar flares spread some space disease that kills 34 of the population and turns them into zombies.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
D.P
edit on 26-10-2016 by Macenroe82 because: Double double

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Good point!
I also did a quick check and just learnt that our cars would most likely still work. Along with solar panels and small appliances.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hopefully it's not Satan 2 :O

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't think "They" will go to that extreme. I think "They" will do like 'they' did for the farcebook™ IPO and just 'accidentally' kick the cord of the 1 computer they use. Look how much 'they' made on that farce..

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Except for possible contaminated fallout...if its also nuclear.....when/as you begin to run out of everything you have...and neighbors and vultures start coming...and you run out of food, bullets, arrows...and they keep coming...and keep coming...and...what are you surviving for?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Friends? When we get hit...we'll never know who did it, how, when and what to do...or who's in control....and that little ole lady down the street with her shotgun is coming for your water.

We wont know...if it was them or us...it will be a world of man eat man, dog eat man...hope your teenagers can fight off the neighbors...'cause a couple days and they'll all be coming for your stuff...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
According to Nasa:

Solar storms can last only a few minutes to several hours but the affects of geomagnetic storms can linger in the Earth’s magnetosphere and atmosphere for days to weeks.

So if it's space weather isn't 120 days a bit long forecasting? I mean, how far ahead can they predict solar activity?

Hope it's just scaremongering as Davg80 mentioned earlier!
edit on 26102016 by TheWorldIsYours because: Credit to DAvg80

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I used to drink like a sailor but i quit after i woke up under a table in a hotel.

That sh't ages you past 30 really glad i stopped and started working out instead.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

The EO is setting out a way to give the Energy secretary a legal way to enforce a power distribution shutdown order.

It actually makes sense - you need to know if a massive CME is on the way, and if so, you need to shut down long line transmission until the geomagnetic heave stops. If you have no means to know, or if the power companies ignore your request, it could be bad.

So, the EO provides legal authority for both.

eta: Oh, and space weather is not an EMP. There's no prompt phase, it's all geomagnetic heave. Quite different.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat
Thanks for the link.

I had wondered about our standby, whole-house generator. The guy who installed it assured us that it was as protected as he could make it. The article you posted seemed to agree with what he told us about protecting from the surges and variations in the grid.

We have supplies laid in. Wood for the fireplace, propane in the tank for the generator, food in the pantries and freezers. Water comes from a well that is shallow enough to drop a bucket into if the generator doesn't work.
A goodly portion of the people in our neighborhood are prepared for electrical failure since it happens if we have an ice storm. We had a plan that worked well when the '09 ice storm knocked our power off for ten days.

I already have some winter greens in the ground and plan on adding more tomorrow. You'd be surprised how much green leafy stuff you can grow in cold climates with just a little protection. Even a plastic covered tunnel will allow a lot of the heartier greens to grow quite well.
I've got tomatoes and peppers potted up to go indoors when the cold hits here. I've kept them in a south window with a couple of grow lights and had them produce all winter in past years. I also keep several varieties of herbs on the same rack with the veggies. Chives, dill, sage and basil all do well despite the lower light levels.

We're having a lovely autumn. I delight in sleeping with the windows open in October. I'm tickled to still be picking and preserving tomatoes, peppers, turnip greens and poke weed. Next weekend I take delivery of a winter's supply of sweet potatoes and apples. That will complete filling our pantry. I think we are as prepared as we can reasonably be should any disruption of deliveries occur.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Hopefully it's not Satan 2

uncle Satan ?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Being in northern ontario canada. We have really late springs and early winters.
It started cooling off in september this year, and has already snowed here 4 times up at work. Thank crap it hasnt stayed on the ground yet! ...but its coming.
If it came down to an event as described above, then ya, we would have to try to get something planted.
I actually wouldnt mind it if an event like that took place. kind of like the walking dead... But unfortunately no zombies....unless the solar flares spread some space disease that kills 34 of the population and turns them into zombies.

Hiya Mac. Nice to read about your preparations, in your previous post.
Have you heard of Earthships? Might be limited possibilities up in North Ontario, and even though your new house is already being built, still contains great info and inspirations, for a possible add-on green-space.

Earthship Biotecture
Earthship photos

Peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Kalixi

Hopefully it's not Satan 2

uncle Satan ?

Um, probably more like "Satan 2: Electric Bougaloo"

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Um, probably more like "Satan 2: Electric Bougaloo"

...Boogaloo ? brings back memorys ... played that on a C64. somehow I think that commodore could survive everything even an EMP attack.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
a reply to: jhn7537

I really doubt we'd EMP our own country. I suspect if there is something more than actual "space weather", this is preparation for what could be a credible EMP threat, or at least the possibility of one.

Perhaps, and I'm just spitballing here, they have credible intelligence that Russia or N.Korea has perfected an EMP Weapon and instead of scaring the nation by reporting it they're launching it under the guise of Space Weather Protection?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: Jdennis10
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Oh gawd ok no EMP please. Thank you HUMBLEONE.

I'm ready for it. Me my moya lyubov' and her Kalashnikova. Vodka will flow comrade. We will hunt squirrel to the bear. The birch will heat us. We'll make whoopee on the bearskin rug. Over and over again. Wolves will howl in the moonlight.

DRINK COMRADES, DRINK!

wow lol... i really can't wait to see this, like seriously.

Drink Drink Drink!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: vlawde
a reply to: jhn7537

I really doubt we'd EMP our own country. I suspect if there is something more than actual "space weather", this is preparation for what could be a credible EMP threat, or at least the possibility of one.

Perhaps, and I'm just spitballing here, they have credible intelligence that Russia or N.Korea has perfected an EMP Weapon and instead of scaring the nation by reporting it they're launching it under the guise of Space Weather Protection?

Not at all. An EMP event would be so close that you couldn't deal with it. Space weather is something totally different. Not that we don't both have local EMP weapons.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
I used to drink like a sailor but i quit after i woke up under a table in a hotel.

My big little brother found me once in someone's back yard curled up around their AC unit for warmth.

I have a two drink limit in public imposed by my certifying agency. Not that unusual, but there's times I get so tired of the pressure that I tie one on. Not in public, though. The Florabama is a particularly bothersome place for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join