It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gov. Bill Weld Encourges Supporters to Stop Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Statement by Gov. Bill Weld

This is basically a backwards endorsement of Hillary.

“Against that backdrop, I would like to address myself to all those in the electorate who remain torn between two so-called major party candidates whom they cannot enthusiastically support. I’m speaking particularly to those Republicans who feel that our President should exhibit commonly accepted standards of decency and discipline.

*snip

“After careful observation and reflection, I have come to believe that Donald Trump, if elected President of the United States, would not be able to stand up to this pressure and this criticism without becoming unhinged and unable to perform competently the duties of his office.

I wonder what effect this will have on Libertarian Party members if any. I think it's unfortunate that people are feeling forced to support Hillary in order to stop Trump. Trump supporters need to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that such a repulsive person, a man some voted for just for the lulz has ensured a Clinton presidency. You didn't stand up to the establishment you sent people fleeing to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Check out the pretend libertarian!

If I were libertarian, I'd be ticked off. Here's part of my supposed ticket endorsing one of the least libertarian candidates ever by making a fear play.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

what a bunch of doo doo feces this thread is.
so voting for trump isnt standing up to the establisment?

have you not watched veritas? have you not read anything from wikileaks?

at this point im completely convinced if hillary wins this election, every women in america will be wearing a hijab within her presidency. the draft will make a return because we will be at war with russia and china.
ok trump isnt a politician. and at this point, i dont think thats what we need. being president doesnt mean you have to be involved in politics your whole life.
president of the us should be someone who has the values of america instilled in their heart. they should have america first mentality.

hillary wants a 550% increase in muslim refugees. the same ones murdering and raping women throughout europe. the same ones who think because a woman isnt islamic, they can do whatever they want to them.

hillary wants amnesty and open borders... great, so lots more columbian drug lords sending people over our border

i want to feel safe in my own country. thats all i want. not fancy tax plans, free college, more jobs.
trump makes me feel safe.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
MANDELA EFFECT ALERT!! Duval Patrick is the governor of massachusetts! Weld was the Governor ages ago!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He's pretend now just because you don't like what he said?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
MANDELA EFFECT ALERT!! Duval Patrick is the governor of massachusetts! Weld was the Governor ages ago!!

Holy Sh$t Putin is running against Trump as a Democrat!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

What are you on? Patrick isn't the Governor anymore either. Charlie Baker is MA Governor now.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

have you not watched veritas? have you not read anything from wikileaks?

Speaking of doo doo feces...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Neither Johnson nor Weld are Libertarians, though. Any lack of support for the Libertarian ticket this election is SOLELY the responsibility of whoever foolishly decided to assemble that ticket.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's doo doo feces just because you don't agree with it? See what I did there?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I've yet to see any laws broken. We already knew about all the scum.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What makes them non-Libertarian?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not surprising.

Gary Johnson and Bill Weld were infiltrators sent to take over the "Libertarian" Party with establishment views, and then make it into such a joke that it would never be a serious contender for anything, anywhere, from city Councillor to President.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why would a genuine Libertarian make statements that would place Clinton on top?

Doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't this bonehead actually campaign in favor of Libertarians?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This election is showing that those in power will do anything to hold on to power.

Those in the light will stand up and give lip service to ideals they never mean to enforce in order to hold the reins.
Those in the shadows will strike out at every opportunity in order to assist their masters.
Those in the dark will continue to feed money and information to the desperate ears and pockets of their acolytes.

The curtain has come away though as the game has become desperate this go-round. Rather than honeyed words of prosperity, Trump had the audacity to offer a glimpse of the truth to America (your politicians are bought and paid for).

The media will crucify him (as they are and forever will be part of the intelligentsia), the politicians will attack him (as he will expose their corruption if allowed to continue), and the corporations will attack him as he is one of their own stepping above his station (peer knives are sharpest).

+To imagine people are voting for laughs is no different than imagining the Dems are creating pipelines from the border to the polling stations. This election is polarizing the nation almost as much as 2008. Then it was about race and the left used Obama as a rod to attack the right, sometimes justifiably though not always. This go-round, it's the left brow beating the right with attacks on intelligence (of course misogyny, racism, islamophobia, classism) rather than issues. People are standing behind candidates regardless of what that candidate has done, not because of what the person has said or promised, but because of what the voter hopes will happen. Its an election cycle built on the dreams of Americans and enervated by the "smoke and mirrors" of the mass media, all to hide the weaknesses of two candidates.+

I cannot support Trump as he has admitted to being a willing participant to the corruption in American politics. Once in office it is too easy to go from paying bribes to demanding them. That being said Hillary has made a dynasty out of selling American policy and assets and her reign would be catastrophic to the people of the nation.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What makes them non-Libertarian?

1. Johnson left NM with crippling debt, spending like a teenager with his parent's credit card.
2. Johnson is a strong supporter of the US kowtowing to UN "authority"
3. He is an extreme social liberal, which is not what libertarianism is all about at all. He wants federal mandates on pot, gay marriage, nondiscrimination laws against private businesses, federal funding for Planned Parenthood and welfare programs. True Libertarians believe none of these are within the authority of the federal government.
4. Weld supported the "Assault Weapons ban," stronger EPA regulations and federal authority across the board with regards to environmental policy, and has been a vocal proponent of affirmative action. ALL COMPLETELY OPPOSED TO THE BREAD AND BUTTER OF LIBERTARIANISM

I don't know any Libertarians who are even remotely happy with the Weld pick and only a few who are OK with Johnson.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why would a genuine Libertarian make statements that would place Clinton on top?

Doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't this bonehead actually campaign in favor of Libertarians?

Maybe because he endorsed Barack Obama 8 years ago?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No. I've been very clear. Both Johnson and Weld have always been pretty poor example of libertarianism. If the libertarian party had nominated actual, serious libertarian candidates, they might have mounted a real challenge this season.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

" Trump as he has admitted to being a willing participant to the corruption in American politics. "

I have not heard of this , what Admission are you talking about ?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. I've been very clear. Both Johnson and Weld have always been pretty poor example of libertarianism. If the libertarian party had nominated actual, serious libertarian candidates, they might have mounted a real challenge this season.

John Frank Stossel for President ! At Least you can See his Libertarian " Colors " Upfront .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join