It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Little Blue Balls...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Years ago I came here for the UFOs and after a small amount of time I stopped believing, mostly due to nothing being 'real' anymore, most stuff is faked, at least in my opinion... The below is true, even if it's not as exciting as CGI videos...

My main reason for posting is about one of the (very few) times I saw 'stuff'.

Back in Summer of July,1974 I went on a camping trip to Possum Kingdom Lake in West Texas with a friend Robert, (my last trip as a single guy before I got married the following month). The trip was a lot of canoeing, swimming, cliff diving, snorkeling, and camping out at night beneath the stars, no tent, just star gazing while we eventually drifted off to sleep nightly. (Robert and I were best friends and also worked together too) Anyway, one really, REALLY dark chilly and moonless night about 9:30pm or so, we had tucked ourselves in our sleeping bags and had a really good spot (elevated with no distractions) to look at the night sky, I had excellent vision then and could see pretty danged good, (I was 21) my friend was 20. He partook of the herb and drank beer daily and I consumed a few beers daily, by nightfall we were tuckered out and wanted nothing more than to just go to sleep, the heat of the West Texas day really took it out of us. The campsite was only accessed by boat, we used a rental canoe, so we paddled our way to this place that was a fairly large and very rugged rocky peninsula with some cliffs being 20-30 foot high. (They seemed a LOT taller to me!) We camped on the top of the cliffs at night and played down on the water by day. So this one night I was looking at a particular spot up there above us and he was looking at another, I then saw, it, and said, "Look right there!", he having binoculars he looked at where I had pointed, saw "it" and got pretty excited. He finally let me look at it through his binoculars and what I saw was the following...

Slightly larger than what we normally see a satellite was a transparent, or semi-transparent and faint bluish looking sphere, a clear 'bubble really, moving at a speed I remember as being slightly faster than what a satellite would be going, but not so much faster or slower than any plane/jet traffic would be, in my estimation. It was going South and we watched it by passing the binoculars back and forth. We both assumed it was a satellite. Exciting stuff, but then one of us (I really can't remember who) noticed another one, this time coming from the East, they appeared to be on a course that appeared to us that would be really a close call if they were at the same altitude. When they were getting a little too close for comfort (at least for us!) the one that came from the East shot a light bluish light at the Southbound sphere, it wasn't laser-like at all (I don't think) but it appeared more like a v-shaped beam from a flashlight shot at it. It lasted all of a second, and I am positive that it happened due to we both saw it at the same time. The light flash made the Southbound one turn Westward, now going almost the same direction as the one from the East, making them both going in the same direction, actually the one that got flashed didn't make a 90 degree turn, it was really going more of a path more like West-southwest more like 87 degrees or so, just guessing now. When I say that it turned, it turned abruptly, not at all anything like any plane would do, that struck us both as being odd, no curving involved at all. We watched them until they both grew dim from the distance, both staying in a straight line to their (intended?) destination. Of course we kept thinking that the one that flashed the beam would turn and follow the other, but nope.
I could be wrong on the speed and the directions, but the rest is completely accurate. The really sharp turn back then was unheard of, we hear it all of the time now, years ago though it wasn't talked about at all, not even in the tabloids. This is why this really stood out out to me all of these years, that almost 90 degree turn. To be honest I just didn't understand what we had just seen.

We finally got to sleep that night, I don't know how long it took us, but we did, but after a few hours (around 3-ish am) Robert woke me up and said, "Listen!", and I heard footsteps, that scared us pretty good 'cause we had gotten so worked up earlier, I guess. heheh We listened to the small branches and small gravel rocks moving beneath whatever it was that was about to kill us, well, we did until we finally scared ourselves to sleep. (I have to admit, O.K., yeah, I did partake myself, but only a little bit, I wasn't into it like him but I was on vacation, that made us both VERY paranoid, I guess) Anyway, the next morning we found our bread and peanut butter missing, the bread's plastic wrapper was there but no bread. CREEPY. A few years later my boss (who I had told all of this to and he made fun of me) told me that the same thing happened to him, his peanut butter and bread went missing while camped on a river, they determined that it was a raccoon, which, they do this sort of thing, I know now.

Now to regular people that might not seem like much, especially now days, here on this forum more spectacular claims are made daily. Still, for back then it was REALLY something.
My older brother (by 3-1/2 years) and I were camping with no tent underneath the starry sky of Caddo Lake in East Texas around 1981 in the Spring, May I think, and we were looking at a patch of sky surrounded by silhouetted trees actually talking about when we were kids looking for flying saucers. (That's all they were known as back then) Our entire family would look out at the sky in our backyard, it was a common thing for us to do back in the fifties, after all, that was its heyday. As we stared at the sky in the back of my pick-up I mentioned the bluish sphere that I had seen years before at Possum Kingdom Lake, he being quiet through the entire story, he wasn't that talkative really, and within 5 minutes of me mentioning this to him we saw one. (I had my own binoculars this time!) I was really amazed, it was exactly as what I had seen before, I mean exactly! Nothing major happened though, it just quietly slid across the sky in front of us and disappeared behind the trees to our right, and that was that. My brother was never a believer anyway, maybe had it landed it would change his mind.
We saw several regular ol' satellites afterwards too.

Why I even bring this up is that when I first started coming here around 2008 (lurking) I read a thread of a guy here that saw the exact thing I did, with the slightly v-shaped flashlight looking beam and the other blue sphere turning away, I'd REALLY love to read that again, it was a good feeling to be somewhat confirmed. I say, "confirmed" because that friend, Robert that witnessed the sphere denied it in front of a LOT of people at work. We hardly talked about anything else on that trip, and especially on the way home too. Assuming he felt as I did I brought it up when a bunch of guys were taking a break at work, maybe 10-12 people, I didn't see the harm in telling what we saw. After I said my piece I said, "Ask Robert". Robert said I was crazy and he didn't see a thing, I thought he was kidding but he was being serious, you'd think that on the way back he'd say that he wasn't wanting to tell anyone, but, Nooo...

edit on 26-10-2016 by recrisp because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I can search pretty well using Google, but this forum has me bewildered, as long as I have been here I still don't understand how to navigate this place, or search. So if someone knows how to do a search that might turn up this other person's story that I mentioned here, or that person is actually READING THIS, please say something.

I'm really sorry to be so long, but I didn't know how else to convey what went on during the course of my terror.

(post by HUMBLEONE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

How'd I know, how'd I know that would be posted!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Welcome to ATS!

I would suggest typing a phrase or a term you remember from the thread and put quotes around it in the search engine.

I really enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing!

STM

edit on 26-10-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch
As you can tell I don't know what I am doing. I am now thinking this is in the Introduction Forum... I can't seem to find the proper forum to place this, hopefully a moderator will help me out.
I do apologize, I somehow completely overlooked the WHERE I was supposed to put it, matter of fact, I still don't see how it's done, as in, a forum pertaining to UFO stuff...
I'll try and figure out what you mean in a minute, I hope.

Thanks for helping me.

"July, 1974"

edit on 26-10-2016 by recrisp because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"The dead lights"
Maybe?

Look out for pennywise

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

How'd I know, how'd I know that would be posted!

Because there is alway somebody with the maturity of a 12 year old boy in every crowd.

Hey you can get away with it though, you're my first reply.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
"The dead lights"
Maybe?

Look out for pennywise

That doesn't sound like it when I searched, but then again I have no idea what it was that I saw, it may have been Ronald MacDonald getting off of work.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Star and flag for you OP.
Thank you for actually being aking the time by going into detail for us.
I cant stand when someone posts a sighting like:
"Seen something odd in the sky, it wasnt a plane or a drone. What was it?"

Even though you dont have pics of the event, you at least took the time to create a visual representation of what you ook place.
Thank you OP.
I hope you find the post you are looking for

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Are there earthquake fault lines in that area?

Just FYI, Marfa Texas, which is quite far from there (7 hours?) is known for this type of activity.

www.astronomycafe.net...

Kev

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Star and flag for you OP.
Thank you for actually being aking the time by going into detail for us.
I cant stand when someone posts a sighting like:
"Seen something odd in the sky, it wasnt a plane or a drone. What was it?"

Even though you dont have pics of the event, you at least took the time to create a visual representation of what you ook place.
Thank you OP.
I hope you find the post you are looking for

Why thank you, Sir, I really so appreciate that! I may have gone into too much detail! heheh I definitely do understand the 'wall of words' thing, but try as I might I could not say it with less.
I have had that story on my mind for years, I don't really think of it as otherworldly, although it may be, I'm hoping that someone knows what the clear blue bubbles are, that is a start, then we can see what the flash was.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Are there earthquake fault lines in that area?

Just FYI, Marfa Texas, which is quite far from there (7 hours?) is known for this type of activity.

www.astronomycafe.net...

Kev

I don't know about fault lines, but this was an object, of that I am sure, I don't know how I know, it just was.
I have been to Marfa and I have a (funny) story about that actually, but I will save y'all from that one! heheh It's not related to the Marfa lights though, completely different look.
My Photoshop rendering is almost exactly what I saw, without the dotted lines, of course.
They were very defined but transparent, not ghostly like Marfa's lights. Like I said, it really is just as I have pictured above. The ONLY thing that I can't remember is if they had any shine to them, as in like a soap bubble that has the reflected shine from available light, it's been 42 years and my memory's slipping.

Looking at my picture I see that I really need to clear something up though. There were only TWO spheres, I have one at each starting point and the end points on both, that is probably confusing to most, I didn't 'see' that until just then.
Thank you for you reply though, that's nice of you to take the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

That's my wife's nickname for me.

And many others too, I don't mean to say that your wife has names for others with that affliction, I mean, oh never mind, you know... heheh

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Well in my view some of these things can assume any form whatsoever. But thats another subject.

I just wanted to rescue you from the 12 year-old "humor".

Kev

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For those that have Firefox you can Right-Click and View Image to see the image larger, it's a lot larger than what I see on this page. With other browsers I am unsure as to how that is done.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join