It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Russia 'puzzled' by Norway's decision to host US Marines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Our military is now so pathetic I doubt they could fight their way out of a paper bag.

You are *so* so wrong....but thx for playing.

Pfffft!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We derailed this thread enough. Second page of that previous link talks a few specifics. U2U me if you like.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Possibly the most ignorant comment I've seen today. Our military is one of the only first would Armys with combat experience, but nice try on getting a few stars for a weak statment.

Can you name another military on the planet that prohibits their drills from swearing at and pushing their recruits to the absolute limit?

NO.

"Oh, please drill sergeant (or instructor), don't yell at me. You're triggering me!"

Lawsuits. Women pushing for MOSs they can't hack, but we must DIVERSIFY because the more outrageous the US becomes, we must keep pace with it in the military.

JHC.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Example of any marine crying about a drill Sargent being to mean? The ones that cry wash out faster than they joined. Boots on the ground we decimate. In the air we decimate. On the sea we decimate. Arguing that with cry babies that couldn't make it in the marines in the first place is a sad excuse. In the real world our combat experience is unmatched. If china came into a boots on the ground firefight it would be ugly for them. Not knowing how to fire their weapons once they see bullets firing by their faces.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The point of basic is break you and build you back up. Not to push you to the absolute limit. Wanna do that go to BUDS, RIPRAPROP, SFAS, PJ Pipline, MSOS, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Norway is to break a decades-old commitment not to host foreign troops on its soil by accommodating 330 US Marines next year. Russia, the apparent target of the buildup, said it was puzzled by the move.

The Marines will be stationed at the Vaernes military base in central Norway from January, the Norwegian Defense Ministry said in a statement on Monday. The agreement for the deployment will be reviewed in the course of the year, it added.
SOURCE

I was one of the few posters on this forum who expressed that Norway's decision to have Marines deployed on its home soil was significant. Part of the reason I believe it is significant is Russia's reaction to the move.

Our opinions mean nothing in this matter. If Russia considers the move to be significant then it's significant. I wonder if posters will be able to put aside their egos for this thread and not focus on their view of this issue but focus on Russia's view.

Quoting from the article linked above:

"The deployment appears to be in line with NATO's strategy to boost its military presence close to Russia’s borders. The alliance decided to send four 1,000-strong battalions each to Poland and the Baltic states, claiming it was needed to deter Russia."

Please put it all in context from Russia's point of view.

Why puzzled? The US have sent troops there for cold weather training for a long time now. Troops from Norway also come to the US for training as well. The does artic training in Norway or I should say with Norway becuase they are the best at artic combat.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
HELLO:FSB operatives...I would say ...you should tell Putin its routine cold weather training. America needs to be able to fight in the cold...AGAIN.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

He abandonded his thread long ago.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure why the Russians are worried, they can just deploy a shirtless Putin riding a weasel, riding a woodpecker.

i think thats the funniest comment i have seen on ATS. good start to the day

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Profusion

330 servicemen is not a 'build up'.

The Cambridge English Dictionary disagrees with you. Time for some education...

build-up, noun [ C usually singular ]

UK ​/ˈbɪld.ʌp/ US ​ /ˈbɪld.ʌp/

build-up noun [ C usually singular] (INCREASE)

I thibk you'll see that there is no minimium figure at which an increase becomes a build-up and that what's happening with US troops in Norway is the very dictionary definition of a build-up.

Let me ask you this, if Putin made a deal with Mexico that involved 330 Naval Infantry being posted near their border with US. Would you not classify that as a build up either?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HELLO:FSB operatives...I would say ...you should tell Putin its routine cold weather training. America needs to be able to fight in the cold...AGAIN.

Its no longer the FSB. The KGB is back in the saddleski.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
THAT deserves a thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
a reply to: Profusion

Your own link states

Other NATO members have sent troops for training in Norway, with as many as 15,000 visitors arriving for an exercise in 2000. The new deployment of US Marines technically follows the same procedure, allowing US military personnel in Norway on provisional rotation rather than permanently.

What is the problem? There is no problem. The problem is why didn't you quote the above? It is just routine training.

Except that it fuels heated debates in Norways parliament for good reasons.

Norway will allow U.S. troops to be stationed on its soil for a limited period from next year, the defense ministry said on Monday, the first time foreign troops have been posted on its territory since the end of World War Two.
Norway is a founding member of the U.S.-led NATO alliance and a close U.S. political ally. NATO troops have long come to the Nordic country to take part in military exercise but have not been stationed on Norwegian territory.

Some 330 U.S. Marines to be temporarily stationed in Norway in 2017

Deny ignorance much, do we?

You were literally cool a while ago, dear Norwegians!

But now that you need weak excuses (like the national security or some peninsula in the Black Sea) for sabre-rattling, you've officially lost it. The cool Cold War attitude and some basic diplomacy skills - gone. The only good thing would be, that your national security issues are obviously small enough to be easily covered with 300 waterheads.
Anyway. Now you're completely onboard the warship again, that's good news for profits. Grab a pointed stick and help to paddle more fear in this rising ocean of military budgets!

Greetings to all points of the Black Triangle,

puzzling PublicOpinion
ATS Putin Troll

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Time for some education...

Time for some common sense.

While I respect our Marines and their capabilities and I know that they are some of the best trained military servicepersons in the world, 300 are not going to do jack s*** (that is an actual military term, look it up in your dictionary) on the Norwegian/Russian border.

Call me when there a few thousand, then we have something going on.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join