It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Some of Your Scariest Stories?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: MsRose82

Let the nutty out! Lol. That's what this place is for. UFO's are probably the least weird thing where I come from, so no judgment from me.

Haha! Thanks dude! Yeah, I've always been rather conservative on stuff like this. I'm not used to letting the nutty out...even though it's acceptable here, it's still difficult for me to do. I'm a new member so maybe in about a year I'll be spouting off more and will open my mind up a tad and just go with it.

My father saw a UFO when he was in the Navy. He believes what I saw was real. It was in the 1960s my dad was out at sea. He said he was standing on the deck and saw a UFO come out of the ocean and fly away. For my father to admit that is a biggie. He's a career military vet. Retired from the the military 12 years ago actually, he's 81 now.

This was during the UFO heyday he saw it. I'll have to ask what ship he was on and where he was. Maybe there is an actual report of it. Who knows? It'd be cool to check out.

Thanks for the pat on the back, I'm trying to let loose.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: underwerks

I was almost sold in Saudi Arabia.

you wouldn't happen to have been part of the USAF 363rd at the time by chance would you? around 99-00? I have a similar story about a female in our unit that almost happened to.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I haven't shared too many of my stories but this is a good one for this time of year.

My sister came to visit my husband and I and our then two year old daughter. She and I are very close and she had moved back to my parents while her husband was overseas during Desert Storm. Both she and I were also pregnant during this time, she was expecting her first and we were expecting our second.

After watching a movie that evening we said our good nights, she decided to sleep on the sofa in the living room, our daughter was asleep in her room at the end of the hall and my husband and I headed off to our room.

We were probably in the room maybe fifteen minutes or so, talking and laughing while we got ready for bed, when all of a sudden we hear the stereo in the living room come on just blaring what sounded like its maximum volume. My husband of course gets very annoyed and tells me to go out and have my sister turn the music down since our two year old was such a light sleeper. I am wondering why she would even turn it on considering she always leaves the tv on to sleep to.

So as I step into the hall I can see my sister on the sofa kind of propping herself up and looking around trying to figure out where this loud music is coming from. She obviously had not turned on the stereo. As I quickly walk over to the stereo to turn it off, I first clicked the volume all the way down. By this time my husband steps into the living room also and the three of us are trying to figure out how the heck this stereo had popped on by itself.

As we stand there talking, my sister is still on the sofa, the stereo, which is literally four feet away from us pops back on and you can hear the click.. click.. click of the volume being turned up. We watch as the blue volume indicator light creeps up higher and higher. We all watch in disbelief and it feels like an eternity passes until my husband rushes over and pulls the power cord from the wall.

Needless to say we all slept in the living room that night, and we never turned the stereo on again. Out into the garage it went the next day.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In the spirit of Halloween, I don't know if this is particularly scary but we were all home one night, I guess I was maybe 12? 13? Pretty young anyway.

Dad was out on one of his last deployments. Mom and three of my brothers were at home, it was late at night, we were scattered all over the house. I was in the den watching what I recall to have been Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Now, this was the O'Bedlam Family Homestead, it's a big rambly one story farmhouse that's closing on a century in the middle of nowhere in the top corner of NE Georgia. There's a long hall down the middle but you can scatter people all over it and not see/hear each other, because the house has been expanded pseudo-randomly over the decades.

So, we're settling in for an otherwise eventless night, and clear as day, the front door slams and Dad goes whistling down the hall. It's very loud, very clear, and a tune Dad is prone to whistle anyway. Of course, the first thing I think is that Dad has somehow ended up back home and surprised us, also not unusual, and I go tearing out of the den and into the hall. Everyone else is piling into the hall at the same time. And we're all looking confused.

From MY point of view, I had heard him go down the hall towards his bedroom. From MOM'S point of view, he'd gone up front where I was. But we all heard it, and none of us were the least bit confused about the front door slamming, or the whistling, or the tune being whistled. The door, by the way, was locked and none of the dogs were going off, so they didn't hear it.

More odd, Dad reported nothing whatever was happening where he was at.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Have also lived in a house that most people would call 'haunted', there were all sorts of things going on every stinking night. It eventually got to where you just ignored it, but you had to let visitors know. "You're going to hear stuff downstairs after the lights go out. Sometimes right after the lights go out. But you'll definitely hear it. As the night goes on, it'll move up to the front hallway, then it'll start on the stairs. It never comes more than about halfway up. If you have to use the bathroom while it's wandering, just open the bedroom door and wait, it'll go back down. We've never jumped out to see if we can see it. It seemed sort of impolite. Once you go back to bed, it'll give you a minute or two before it kicks off again"

Sometimes it would be very intrusive, and toss stuff around. Once or twice, it got fairly aggressive. It was a rental, so when the lease ran out, we bid it adieu.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Hey bedlam. What cha mean by fairly aggressive?

I too grew up in a haunted house. The tales of which im relaying in "The Shed" threads. But i had minor poltergeist activity in this old house too. It was a 1924 spanish three story house in the hills. A nanny ran out of the downstairs quarters in the middle of the night screaming. She saud she saw a full body apparition and refused to return. We had to collect her stuff and bring it to her. We hsd. Strange phenomena parapsychologists call "displacement" small object would dissapear and then reappear several weeks later exactly as they had been left. My dad was acweirdo though and collected cursed african totums n stuff so that never helps.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A few years ago, I created some threads about my alma mater Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. The area is always in the top 5 lists of haunted places in the US. It is a collection of all the stories that I know about, including some of my own personal experiences. I usually bring them up around this time of the year. Enjoy.

Haunted Ohio University 1
Haunted Ohio University 2
Haunted Ohio University 3
Haunted Ohio University 4
Haunted Theta Chi House

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Hey bedlam. What cha mean by fairly aggressive?

Well, usually what you got was people walking around. That was pretty obvious. Ka thump, kathump, kathump. Sometimes you got furniture being moved. The chair scraping sounds were about one night in three. Mr Boots would go up and down the living room, and as the night wore on, to the front door, and then up and down the stairs to the first landing. Rarely did it come higher. However, he/it did like to go up and down the stairs, and not softly, there was a definite loud stomping to it, and it went on all. night. long.

At times, you also got some minor destruction, it liked to throw the garbage over in the kitchen. You'd also get that in the garage. Which, by the way, always had the doors down. There weren't any obvious entries into the garage, although there were some areas up overhead which I didn't climb into to make sure there wasn't an opening into, and there were some grated vents but all of them were intact. Nevertheless, it was pretty common to open the door to the garage after an 'active' night and find that the trashcans were dumped and all of their contents were strewn about the garage. Or the car doors open and the batteries run down.

The night I recall as the worst was one night when I was at work, the wife called and said that the house was now going off with people downstairs, which was odd. The first things were the doorbell going off over and over, but no one at the door, then the landline phone started ringing. Only not ring ring ring, but ri--------ing, for minutes at a time. She said "You need to come home, but call me before you come in, because I am armed" which is a bit more alert than she normally is in civilian life.

Then she called me about something thumping at the front door, but nothing being obvious. At which point I headed home.

All was a bit more calm, but only for a bit, and then it started up with me there. We went to bed, hoping it would be ok with the downstairs, but then it started beating on the window, but it's about 15-20 feet from the window to the ground below. That went on off and on all night, along with the usual stomping up and down the stairs, and the phone going off. At whcih point it stopped abruptly, and that was it for quite a while. It wasn't any particularly obvious date either, not Halloween or Beltane or anything.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Holy crap dude. I wish you had some video/audio running. That's nuts.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

It was a pretty neutral sort of place, too.

Behold!

The house to the left (from the street) was not there at the time. Also, the house was all grey.

The basketball goal was there. There was a skunk family living up the hill in back, and to the left (from the street) at the time was a field with rabbits some of which we eventually tamed until the cat across the street ate them. That year, it snowed and iced up pretty badly, and my pickup went down the hill and into the yard across the street where that red brick house is, it threaded its way between the trees and stopped right against that green bush.

The window it was beating on is to the right over the driveway behind the chimney.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: jtrenthacker

It was a pretty neutral sort of place, too.

Behold!

The house to the left (from the street) was not there at the time. Also, the house was all grey.

The basketball goal was there. There was a skunk family living up the hill in back, and to the left (from the street) at the time was a field with rabbits some of which we eventually tamed until the cat across the street ate them. That year, it snowed and iced up pretty badly, and my pickup went down the hill and into the yard across the street where that red brick house is, it threaded its way between the trees and stopped right against that green bush.

The window it was beating on is to the right over the driveway behind the chimney.

The house doesn't look to be too old. I wonder what the history pf the property is to have that much activity? That's crazy.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
The house doesn't look to be too old. I wonder what the history pf the property is to have that much activity? That's crazy.

The tossed garbage inside the garage is to the right side of the garage doors you can see if you're off axis a bit. There are steps up inside the garage on the far right that lead through a door to a short hall. To the right is a library, at least that's what we used it for, the previous owner used it as a hookah room, we had to paint it over several times. To the left is a small breakfast nook and a door to the back. Farther to the left is the kitchen, where the trash got tossed.

The garbage in the garage was at the bottom of the three or four stair steps. So, if you went straight up, it would be close to the inside door in the garage. Not far to the left (four or five steps) would be the laundry near where the other garbage got tossed. Straight up to the right of the chimney is the other window where the banging occurred. So the entire chucking crap/banging axis is within a cat's swing of the same vertical position.

Just behind the front door is the stairs and the entryway, that was a party-hearty place for the stomper. To the left of the front door, there's a formal dining room/living room that was my office. I never saw any byproducts there. To the right of the front door was the den, and it was ground zero for stuff to be rearranged/knocked over. But then, it's pretty close to the axis of disturbance.

eta: I might add, we had a friend who was a full-bore psychic for the cops. She wouldn't set foot in the house. Her position was that the area the house was on was contaminated spiritually. Who knows. I can say no one wanted to stay there very long, including the nice Muslim couple who owned it at the time.

edit on 28-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There's some truly freaky stories on this thread. Thanks to everyone that contributed!

Here's something that happened to my step dad while he was stationed in Haiti back in the late 1990's. He was a warrant officer in 5th group Special Forces at the time. It's not so much paranormal as just unsettling.

Anyways, some children had gone missing and the local police had investigated and found out a certain locally well-known Voodoo priest was responsible. So they ask my stepdads team to help them bring him in for questioning. They go to his house, and the guy puts up a hell of a fight.

They tear gas him several times, it has no effect on him. They shoot him with numerous bean bags, he shrugs them off. Then he ends up pulling out a little mini sword and trying to attack my step dad so one of my step dads team members bashes him in the head with a maglite. I mean BASHES him in the head. The whole front part of his skull is caved in.

By this time a large mob has formed outside, and its just several scared Haitian policemen and 3-4 of my step dads team. They finally get the guy under control, zip tie his hands and are taking him outside when something happens in the crowd (don't remember exactly what) that let's the guy get away from them and take off running.

They give chase, and end up having to shoot him in the leg with a shotgun because he somehow got another knife, cut his hands loose, and tried to attack them again. So finally they get him back to the jail, and this guy is sitting there smiling at them, laughing, talking ####, half of his skull dented in, with one of his legs just hanging by meat from the kneecap down. He felt zero pain from any of it.

That same night he ended up starting a riot in the jail he was held in and escaped. My step dad swears he saw him a few days later completely healed standing on the side of the road and he said he chased him over a wall and into a graveyard and the guy disappeared. He could have just had a hiding spot in there but it seems freaky to me considering everything else.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Later today ill be relating a similar story in The Shed 12 for halloween. But the house i grew up on had some similar poltergeist activity. Lights noises etc.

My mother would often leave the master bedroom, return 5 minutes later and find all of the clothes that were in the dressers strewn all across the room. But the dresser doors were closed. A tenant that moved into the house (that strangely ended up being a client when i was doing my short stint in PR work. ) related a experience he had had when playing cards were found thrown all over a unoccupied room after noises elswhere in the house elsewhere spured him and his poker buddies to leave and investigate.. When they returned it looked like someone had taken everything off the table and tossed it about.

Psychics said the house was on land that was a portal or something.

Itll be up in the shed 12 in an a few hours after this post time. Go check it out if youre looking for a light but halloween inspired spooky read.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks>>>> I'm skeptical of your friends story, but maybe he did see something in that well. 4 to 5 miles is not adjacent to his property, that's a LONG ways away. That's why I'm a little doubtful. But I have a similar story which I can tell that might explain what he encountered. My high school friends and I were out exploring a township owned rock quarry on the mountain behind our house. We climbed up the face of it, which was awesome with the view it gave. But near its base we were climbing over rocks and something in the rocks gave out a kind of growl and hiss that made us jump back. It was LOUD, and I'm not sure if it came from a raccoon or a wild cat or what but it was threatening. Once when I was hunting I happened upon a tree that had a hollow up in it about 15 feet off the ground. I could see something like brown fur or feathers at its edge. There was a young sapling near it so I grabbed it and its branch poked the thing. It moved inside so I was never sure what it was. It didn't hiss or growl.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: underwerks>>>> I'm skeptical of your friends story, but maybe he did see something in that well. 4 to 5 miles is not adjacent to his property, that's a LONG ways away. That's why I'm a little doubtful. But I have a similar story which I can tell that might explain what he encountered. My high school friends and I were out exploring a township owned rock quarry on the mountain behind our house. We climbed up the face of it, which was awesome with the view it gave. But near its base we were climbing over rocks and something in the rocks gave out a kind of growl and hiss that made us jump back. It was LOUD, and I'm not sure if it came from a raccoon or a wild cat or what but it was threatening. Once when I was hunting I happened upon a tree that had a hollow up in it about 15 feet off the ground. I could see something like brown fur or feathers at its edge. There was a young sapling near it so I grabbed it and its branch poked the thing. It moved inside so I was never sure what it was. It didn't hiss or growl.

We're talking about 3 to 4 thousand acre farms including woods, so whatever that works out into miles. The nearest gas station is over 45 minutes away. I'm talking deep woods. He certainly believes his story, I wasn't there so I can't vouch for it personally but knowing him like I do, I believe him.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Grandparents old house had a similar spirit who would only stomp up and down the stairs at night.. I was yo young at the time to recall any other activity, but I remember being scared at night lol.

Years later I did learn a guy hung himself in the basement so idk what that means...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

No, I'm not in the military in any capacity, but I crossed someone who told me he "trains navy seals".

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
a reply to: underwerks

I moved into a forested mountain city. Something wasnt right about this place.

Within the first week, i began to notice people acting strangely. They would stop, dead in their tracks, look at me with a menacing stare. It started like this.

What would follow is nothing short of horrific.

These seemingly possesed people would not only stare after stopping their walk abruptly. They would always say: its lucian.

Or

"It's Satan."

The following week i could barely take any more of the pressure. That night, i had what can only be described as pure dread. A feeling of angst and suffering that i cannot begin to explain.

Suddenly, my pet cats began to panic. One, could not stop vomitting. The other, had a devilish grin on his face and was frozen still.

The feeling of dread was peaking.

Then, a voice.

A voice, unlike any i had heard before.

This voice, was not of a human or of any Earthly animal.

The voice began uttering, angrily. Quick raspy and harsh utterances of some language i have never heard. It almost sounded as if it was speaking backwards.

My girlfriend went to confront this being. I ran after her, armblade in hand and yelling "come back!" "Come back!"

She came back, but with a solemn, dead look on her face.

The following day i left, never to return...

I received word the next week from a friend that read an article ststing the house next to ours had burned to the ground and almost caused a forest fire.

The last time i visited the area, the nearby church had a sign that read:

Wouldnt it be nice if a liar's pants would catch fire?

That place is real. This story, is from 2012.

so....where did this happen?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here goes...

I Collect Pennies. Save Them For One Day. Yet... Everytime I Walk My Dog.... We Come To A Certain Point Where There Is This Penny. I Always Pick It Up And Put It In My Pocket. But When I Come Home And Empty My Pockets.... There Is No Penny. Each Day I Come Across This Penny (Darn Dog!) And Pick It Up. Yet... I Dont Have That Penny.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join