It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Some of Your Scariest Stories?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My folks live on property in rural Virginia that had a Native American burial ground on it. They had to wait before starting construction on their house while an archeological team from a very esteemed local college finished their excavation. Anyway, fast forward 5 years or so. My brother who was living with my folks for years would have nightmares of someone banging on the garage door under his apartment in the house. My Step Dad heard it and my Mom did too but my Pop's chalked it up to banging plumbing (lol).

So, my brother moved out and maybe a year later my wife and I are watching the house while the folks are out of town and we both fall asleep watching a movie on two different couches in the living room. The couch my wife was sleeping on has an old German oil painting hanging behind it. A little after 3a.m. my wife and I both startle awake, and look at each other and then look around the room confused, both thinking what just woke us up?. A moment later there was a very loud banging on the wall behind the couch my wife was sleeping on.

We both stared at each other wide eyed, and then it happened again! This time I saw the painting on the wall move with the banging.

We, both got up and walked around the corner, as there was a hall way behind the wall with painting hanging on it and Nada, nothing, just us two and the Cat. We searched the entire house.

We went to bed, and that was that . . . . . .

But it wasn't over. Long story short, my Mother was attacked by an unseen force and I felt the bruise through her sweatshirt it was so big where she was hit on her back. They had a Poltergeist, or a Demon or whatever you want to call it. I went to a local Witch for advice and we evicted that non corporeal A-hole post haste. It's been 5 years since we performed the ritual and all is well at the homestead. I even stay out there by myself when they're away.

Is that spooky enough for you?

P.s. I'm totally serious, it may sound like I'm joking from my tone but I've been so desensitized to the Paranormal and Supernatural after a lifetime of experiences that I really don't scare very easily anymore.
edit on 26-10-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhodin
Great idea for a thread. That was enjoyable reading these stories. I will also share a story i made a thread about awhile back. I have a few others and may add more later.

My story contribution

Looking forward to reading more of peoples scary/strange stories!

Wow. That is truly creepy. Maybe what happened was so horrifying your mind blocked it out? That story really makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET
I believe you. That would scare the #### out of me haha.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

True story. I was up home watching tv about 6-7 years ago at I time I wasn't interested in paranormal. I could swear I saw a 2 dimensional figure that was blacker than black like the fabric of space had been literally cut out of said area. It had the shape of a top hat on it's head and it had on a long detective like robe it sorta walked passed the hall, it never looked my way it more like motioned across I guess as if it were going from the left side of a screen to the right side of a screen then out of view. The entity was definitely not naked it had on some type of clothes but it all looked connected with is body no 3 dimensional attributes could be made as far as I could be tell or either it and everything it was wearing simply was too lacking of any color whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is a real object in the middle it is not negative space, it is a 3-dimensional object that appears 2-d for lack of attributes. it's not spot on but it's best color comparison I could find to accurately describe

edit on 26-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
That's what I'd call living dangerously lol. I would have been freaked out, too, if everything just shut off like that.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I believe you. That would scare the #### out of me haha.

LOL!! Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit disturbed when an angry (whatever the hell it was) slammed it's "ghost fist"? Against that wall LoL. But like I said, I'm a Veteran with Weird #### so I've figured out how to stay safe. With that said, If I never have to deal with that kind of experience again, I won't be too bent out of shape about it. πŸ˜‰ HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

True story. I was up home watching tv about 6-7 years ago at I time I wasn't interested in paranormal. I could swear I saw a 2 dimensional figure that was blacker than black like the fabric of space had been literally cut out of said area. It had the shape of a top hat on it's head and it had on a long detective like robe it sorta walked passed the hall, it never looked my way it more like motioned across I guess as if it were going from the left side of a screen to the right side of a screen then out of view. The entity was definitely not naked it had on some type of clothes but it all looked connected with is body no 3 dimensional attributes could be made as far as I could be tell or either it and everything it was wearing simply was too lacking of any color whatsoever.

WOW, that's definitely pretty wild. Thanks for sharing. I've seen shadows only only the time we did a cleansing ritual at my folks place. From my understanding "shadow people" are not always but usually Baddies. I've seen two full apparitions. One was a Man in my brother's haunted apartment in Asheville N.C. (it touched my toe) my brother saw the same Ghost but when he saw it was during the day. I think the only other actual apparition I've seen was a Dog or Maybe a Possum? It was misty, glowing a little bit and transparent and skeletal. It was faint but the thing walked right next to me for just a few seconds and kind of faded out. That was in the most Haunted place I'ver been in. The Barton Mansion (aka Corner Minor, look it up) in Barton Heights Richmond Virginia

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
S&F By the way. Very cool OP. Thanks for putting this out there, especially only a few days from my favorite holiday πŸ’€πŸ˜†πŸ‘». Thanks to everybody for sharing your stories, and let's hope for some more. I was thinking this thread would blow up with seasonal enthusiasm but ATS is mostly just more Political πŸ’©.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
S&F By the way. Very cool OP. Thanks for putting this out there, especially only a few days from my favorite holiday πŸ’€πŸ˜†πŸ‘». Thanks to everybody for sharing your stories, and let's hope for some more. I was thinking this thread would blow up with seasonal enthusiasm but ATS is mostly just more Political πŸ’©.

I think most people that are interested in this part of ATS have left and are waiting till after the election before coming back haha. I can't blame them. I'll post some more stories when I get back to my laptop.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I moved into a forested mountain city. Something wasnt right about this place.

Within the first week, i began to notice people acting strangely. They would stop, dead in their tracks, look at me with a menacing stare. It started like this.

What would follow is nothing short of horrific.

These seemingly possesed people would not only stare after stopping their walk abruptly. They would always say: its lucian.

Or

"It's Satan."

The following week i could barely take any more of the pressure. That night, i had what can only be described as pure dread. A feeling of angst and suffering that i cannot begin to explain.

Suddenly, my pet cats began to panic. One, could not stop vomitting. The other, had a devilish grin on his face and was frozen still.

The feeling of dread was peaking.

Then, a voice.

A voice, unlike any i had heard before.

This voice, was not of a human or of any Earthly animal.

The voice began uttering, angrily. Quick raspy and harsh utterances of some language i have never heard. It almost sounded as if it was speaking backwards.

My girlfriend went to confront this being. I ran after her, armblade in hand and yelling "come back!" "Come back!"

She came back, but with a solemn, dead look on her face.

The following day i left, never to return...

I received word the next week from a friend that read an article ststing the house next to ours had burned to the ground and almost caused a forest fire.

The last time i visited the area, the nearby church had a sign that read:

Wouldnt it be nice if a liar's pants would catch fire?

That place is real. This story, is from 2012.

edit on 26-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great thread!

I told myself I would not talk about the crap I experienced because it's just too "nutty" for me. Ah, what am I on ATS for then? I'm a HUGE skeptic when it comes to the UFO phenomenon and abduction stories. Never believed in the possibility of Aliens until I saw a.... UFO? I still scratch my head over it. When I visualize what I saw now I see it through a camera lens, jerky & zooming into focus and out. That is how perplexing seeing a UFO for the first time was for me. My brain refuses to give me a clear picture of it....it's confused lol.

The UFO ( if I didn't imagine it ) was just there. I can't say how far away it was from me but it looked to be quite a distance away. It was close enough I knew it wasn't a plane or bird. I ruled those out fairly quickly when it started to disperse a stream out of it. Picture a water hose being pinched to spread out the spray with your thumb. It was creating clouds to cover itself or so that's what it appeared to be doing to me. I'm a sky watcher, cloud watcher so I know clouds....
I swear it was artificial. I stood there on my fathers lawn with my jaw hanging to my knees questioning my mental state. It didn't start doing that until I noticed it. It was almost like an opps she saw us kind of feeling I got when it started.

Shortly after seeing the UFO a few months after actually, I had my very first abduction dream. Had more than one, even took a picture of a bruise on my eyelid I woke up with. All this happened 2 years ago & the dreams stopped. I don't know if it was just dreams I had or if I experienced a real abduction. It made me question my reality that's for sure. A couple of things I dreamed ended up coming to past during these events 2 years ago but I am not psychic. Things I've dreamed since then, I haven't come across in my waking life. Thank God for that one.

I love to write & have written short stories but to try to describe or write about it, heck even talking about it I just go blank. It's a very odd place for me to be. I'm sure some of you who have had paranormal experiences know EXACTLY what I mean here!

Anyways, It was a strange time in my life, lots of strange coincidences too.

Every time I go to my fathers to visit I look up at the sky where I saw the UFO. Can't help it. I keep wondering if I'd see it again. Haven't seen anything since. My abduction dreams ( had around 8 or so ) stopped. Funnily enough, my fear of the dark disappeared after those experiences. What else could I be afraid of after that?

Besides seeing a ghost-not much else can scare me.

To add an extra layer of chill-my bed room ceiling fan now only has three blades instead of the four. One of the fan blades broke as if it had been pulled or grabbed. My husband noticed it when one of the blades was hanging lower than the others. My husband is a skeptic on UFO's and this area and our fan breaking during the time I had my abduction "dreams" freaked him out at the time. It freaked me out as well. Who knows. Maybe I grabbed it while having a nightmare standing up on my bed? I don't know how it broke the way it did.

I know this isn't as scary as other peoples stories experiences & hope it wasn't a total bore!

edit on 26-10-2016 by MsRose82 because: .

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I had to call my cousin just now to get the details right on this one. Its about a strange creature my aunt, uncle, and two cousins found outside that the dogs had dragged up from who knows where.

Keep in mind this whole area is filled with caves, there's several behind their house further back in the woods.

From his description: "It looked like an extremely emaciated chupacabra. It had 4 legs and was bluish gray. It's mouth was filled with needle-like teeth that were so long the mouth wouldn't close all the way. It had claws that were so long they curled over, a rat like tail that forked in a trident at the end, and wings like a bat."

He compared the size of it to my step brothers Chihuahua. My aunt had seen it laying dead on the walkway outside their house and took it around to the backyard where the dogs couldn't get to it anymore.

She waited until my uncle and cousins got home, showed it to everyone, then threw it over a fence in a garbage pile. I'd give anything if she had saved the body or bones some kind of way.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I had to call my cousin just now to get the details right on this one. Its about a strange creature my aunt, uncle, and two cousins found outside that the dogs had dragged up from who knows where.

Keep in mind this whole area is filled with caves, there's several behind their house further back in the woods.

From his description: "It looked like an extremely emaciated chupacabra. It had 4 legs and was bluish gray. It's mouth was filled with needle-like teeth that were so long the mouth wouldn't close all the way. It had claws that were so long they curled over, a rat like tail that forked in a trident at the end, and wings like a bat."

He compared the size of it to my step brothers Chihuahua. My aunt had seen it laying dead on the walkway outside their house and took it around to the backyard where the dogs couldn't get to it anymore.

She waited until my uncle and cousins got home, showed it to everyone, then threw it over a fence in a garbage pile. I'd give anything if she had saved the body or bones some kind of way.

That's pretty cool man! I've always been interested in this area-creatures and monsters.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MsRose82

Let the nutty out! Lol. That's what this place is for. UFO's are probably the least weird thing where I come from, so no judgment from me.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A guy related this scary story to me a few years ago. I was researching some paranormal phenomena, and was on a message board. It's among my favorite scary stories.

Fairly long, but worth reading. Here ya go:

I have a brother that's 3 years younger than me. When I was in 6th grade, we were home alone during the summer time and playing around as brothers do. Wrestling around, chasing each other around the house, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I ended up chasing him into our parents room, and we were throwing stuff back and forth at each other, having a little fake war across the bed at each other.
It popped into my head that it'd be funny to scare him by shutting off the lights. There were no windows in our parents room, so with the lights off, it's pitch black except for whatever light creeps in from under the door. I retreat to the door, and decide at the last second that it'd be funnier to leave the room, turning the light out as I passed, and close the door behind me;leaving him in the darkness alone. Maybe scare him a bit.
So, I did. I shut the door behind me as I turned the light off and left the room, turning around to listen to him as he panicked and wanted me to come back in. But, he didn't.
"What are you doing?", I heard him say.

YES! He thinks I'm still in there, I guess. Haha. He didn't see me leave the room. I keep listening.
"Jacob. What are you doing? You're scaring me. Please stop."
Hmm... that's odd. I wonder what he's talking about. I keep listening.
"Jacob. I'm not joking. Get away from me, and turn the light back on. Now! Or I'm telling mom that you scared me!"
.....wtf? "Get away from me"? Did he just say "get away from me"?
Laughing, I yell through the door to him, "Haha. Dude. I'm not even in there!"

He screams. Loudly. Like he's been stabbed or something. I mean, a blood-curdling scream.
I freak out and try to open the door. It's locked. I didn't lock the door. Why is it locked?!?!
My little brother is still screaming. Begging me to help him. "HURRY! PLEASE!"
I'm panicking. I have no idea what to do. I'm like, 13 years old, and weigh 90 pounds. I can't bust this door down. My little brother is in trouble, I have to get to him. He stops screaming.

I try the door handle again, and to my surprise, it opens effortlessly. It's unlocked.
I open the door and turn on the light. I see my brother in the corner, crying.
After some consoling, and apologizing, I finally get him to explain what happened. He tells me that when I turned the light out, his eyes hadn't adjusted to the light yet and it was just...dark. After about 20-30 seconds, his eyes start to adjust and from the little bit of light leaking in from under the door, he saw "me" standing in the corner, with my back to him. When he asked what I was doing, "I" turned to him and started walking slowly across the room towards him. "I" kept coming until I was standing over him, looking down at him. He said he couldn't make out any features. Just a dark figure, with a shadowy face. He saw a hand extend out towards him and grab his shoulder. It was cold. And very strong. It hurt him.

When I opened the door and turned on the light, the figure was gone. It just wasn't there. I never saw anything myself.
My brother is now 23 years old. I'm 26. And to this day, he won't talk about this event. We have friends who've heard the story through me and will tease him about it. He simply leaves the room, refusing to acknowledge it. He's admitted to me that even almost 15 years later, he is bothered by what happened that day. He still has nightmares from time to time. He still doesn't have any explanation for what happened.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That's truly disturbing. You probably should have reported people disturbing graves.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's occasionally hell being an engineer of (primarily) Irish descent. On one hand, I'm a hardshell empiricist. On the other, I occasionally have flashes of the Sight due to me Irish blood. So each half of me thinks the other half is crazy.

Hrm. So, here's a new story I don't think I've told anyone, except the old lady at the time it happened.

Long ago, in the baby-having times, one of our closest friend-couples was pregnant. They were one of the last to have a kid, so everyone in the group all contributed stuff, set up the nursery, vowed to babysit etc. The day finally comes, and little baby is born. I'm tied up at work but meet the old lady at the hospital, where the room is chock full of people meeting the little guy.

Daddy says 'Do you want to hold him?' and plops the long awaited kiddo into my arms. By this time, we've had two and it's semi-old hat.

As he hands me the kid, the O'Bedlam warning goes off. A brief digression - among my immediate family, when one of 'those moments' is about to happen, there's a sort of warning you get a few seconds before. I suppose it's like an 'aura' some people get when they're about to have a seizure or something, and maybe it's the same source, who knows. What's funny is that they tried to teach me to do this on purpose later and called it 'optimal path'. Anyway, with me it's generally one of a few things - generally sounds in the room seem to have shifted so that they're all originating from the place I'm supposed to be paying attention to, or my sense of distance to other objects seems to shift so that the thing I'm supposed to pay attention to stays close whilst other things move away, although nothing really changes location. That one's hard to explain. Or the thing I should pay attention to seems to suddenly become brighter and more detailed. And in any case, there's an intense sense of imminence. It's like a big neon sign goes off and it says Pay Attention.

So, I look at the kid, wondering what's about to unfold. And the kid looks back. I won't say what went through my mind at that point because it's sort of embarrassing to the empiricist half. But the hair went up and I startled enough that everyone started laughing and someone said 'What happened, did he bite you?'. I gave the kid back to Daddy and left the room.

The wife followed me out, and said 'What just happened, you looked like someone shot you', and I said "(embarrassing comment redacted), and he's going to die in seven days". She got pissed and said 'don't you go back and say anything like that to them', and I said that's why I left the room. But he will die in seven days. Wait.

It turned out the kid had some sort of genetic defect that kept him from metabolizing proteins. And he died seven days later.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I was almost sold in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
When I was around 9-10 years old my brother, which was around 12-13, went into the woods around an area they used to call Indian rocks. It was a place that has some small caves and caverns. It was located in the middle of the woods near an open field and an old run down house.

After about an hour or so of playing around the caves, we decided to go in the open field and over near the house. This house was really old and decayed. It had an outside cellar where they kept can goods and other types of household items. We shuffled through all the garbage, not even sure what we were looking for. Just being kids I guess.

After we were finished with the cellar we decided to go into the house and look around. I looked at my brother and said "well you ready to go inside the house", and as soon as I said that we started to hear what sounded like hundreds of people yelling. It was coming from the woods. We set there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out what or who it was that was screaming and yelling. The yelling started to get louder and louder . It started to sound like it was coming from all around us and more distinctly, it sounded just like Indians. The longer we stood there beside the cellar the louder the screams(Indians) were becoming.

We were totally shocked , not knowing exactly what was going on. Then all of a sudden something in a very deep voice in a different language said something to us. It sounded like the voice came from only a few feet away. Of course we did not understand what was being said. But it did not sound of this world. My brother and I looked up at each other at the same time with our eyes wide and our hearts pounding. We took off running as fast as we could and did not stop until about a mile away from the location.

It scared us so badly, we had no idea what happened. Till this day we are glad that we witnessed this with each other, because otherwise we would think we were losing our minds. It messed with my head at the time, that I would hear the Indians or screams in my head when I was by myself at night in my home. I heard this in my head for weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join