It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Real time Facebook presidential poll shows a completely different story than mainstream media polls

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

So are the posters who waste our time with pathetic"No it doesn't" arguments who have the gall to think they know better...
www.scientificamerican.com...

THAT is an ARTICLE about MIND CONTROL.
MAYBE a GOOGLE before the knee jerk ace?

As usual, your post makes little rational sense.

Your "clarification" makes it worse.

You don't seem to be able to really understand what's going on in these conversations, Cav. Honestly.

No one is using cell phones to "control your mind" or "affect votes" ... at least not based on the information you provided. As noted by someone else above ... that's ... just not what the article says.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Most Brain type scientific principals are elaborate and difficult to pinpoint .
When used in THIS function it is THE ONLY reason it COULD exist.
Equally how video games are hampering abilities to make snap decisions ...explaining why wit usually KILLS one of these poor kids in a debate
It is also what I found in my research of elite guys and fringe science pukes although in the late 80s I was told they used a magnetic halo device to augment NLP combat training and desensitization.
School of Americas graduates as well.
I don't believe these kids are simply going off,WE never saw this until recently,I just CAN'T pinpoint the damn trigger.
Feel free to despute as you wish, WE are about exploring CONSPIRACIES instead of simply denying any possibility.
I am reporting as I heard things to be,time will either vindicate me or I'll be right and forget I ever was,but at THIS stage we have NO idea.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ab0vean0n
The election is not based on the popular vote!! So it doesn't matter what any voter poll concludes!!

Incorrect.

Many states require their Electors to follow their State's popular or party vote. 25 as a matter of fact.

So, yes, the election is and has been based on the popular vote.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

I wouldn't vote for a Goat, but I would vote for Limberbutt McCubbins: limberbutt.com...

I've mentioned this, but I already have my vote reserved for a DVD copy of Sharktales. For Vice President, I suggest a monkey with a dart throw at a map of top GDP companies. We will then invest our entire budget into the company the dart selects.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

YOU run YOUR theories and I have MINE.
ENOUGH ABOUT my theory here ,I can't make a thread since the thread nazi bit me in the butt.
THIS is about YOUR theory ...which we get to SEE for ourselves .
edit on 27-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

I wouldn't vote for a Goat, but I would vote for Limberbutt McCubbins: limberbutt.com...

I've mentioned this, but I already have my vote reserved for a DVD copy of Sharktales. For Vice President, I suggest a monkey with a dart throw at a map of top GDP companies. We will then invest our entire budget into the company the dart selects.

Sounds like a solid economic plan!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

It's proven to yield 50%, and with standard margins at 10% we really couldn't go wrong!

I think Warren was talking about the monkey- finance.yahoo.com...

Yeah, he essentially used this analogy against Trump, that a Monkey would make you more money.

Anyway, it should be exploited and not ignored!

Sharktales/Monkey 2016.
edit on 27-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Well you do kind of have to finish high school in order to go to college so there is that. Also I am trying to find gpa averages by state but I can't find anything. As that would give us a definitive answer on the subject. Other than that I do apologize for placing all the blame on the south. As there are ignorant rednecks all across the country which make up trumps base of support.

I am simply going off the fact that the south is usually behind academically. Due to the fact that historically education wasn't as important down there as it was in the north for various but this obviously changing. Which is a good thing.

Sorry but you are the one bringing up African Americans here my comments had nothing to do with race, but since you brought it up I might as well cover that area as well. African Americans do not regard education as highly as others do. This is caused by many things but the biggest cause of it these days. Is that being smart or actually doing well in school is a white thing and is cause for ridicule towards young African Americans by other young African Americans. If you choose not to believe or consider me a racist because of these facts. Then so be it, but there are many famous and prominent African Americans that are fighting against such ideologies as we speak.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

YOU run YOUR theories and I have MINE.
ENOUGH ABOUT my theory here ,I can't make a thread since the thread nazi bit me in the butt.
THIS is about YOUR theory ...which we get to SEE for ourselves .

My theory?

What's that?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

This is about the dumbest thing ever. So he's mostly friends with Trump supporters, who are also mostly friends with Trump supporters. Who needs random sampling when you can just base your assumptions on what your friends think!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Who needs Government when you have friends!

Oh wait, does it not work that way?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Yes, you have to graduate or get your GED to go to college, but graduation rates have nothing to do with going to college. For example CA has one of the lowest graduation rates AND test scores, but it also has one of the highest rates of Associate or higher college level. Why? Because the economy of California mostly requires a college degree, so it is pushed hard on kids there, especially by their parents. California is so expensive that without a degree you would have a hard time making a comfortable living.

The Midwest has a lower College level because jobs in the Midwest are less likely to require a college degree just as some parts of the south are the same.

So you have to look at the economy of a state to see why that state may have a lower rate of college education. It has nothing to do with how smart the area is, but how competitive and what type of job market there is.

The south being "less educated" (which usually translates not as smart in conversation) is an urban Myth. It is no secret that about 20-30% (or more) of the population in Southern States are a certain demographic and that demographic unfortunately does not put a lot of stock in graduating high school and moving on to college. Non-southern states (Maryland for example) with similar figures also see similar grade/grad/college numbers.

The states who do have the best graduation rates, highest test scores and most college are states in the Northeast. States which are 80-90+% white. Source

It is sad, but if you look from Demographic to Demographic, instead of population, you see that there is no difference between demographics going state to state. Certain demographics are left behind as a failure of the state and education system.'

So when you ignorantly refer to "uneducated rednecks" as being Trumps base, you are actually quite wrong. The "uneducated masses" in these states you rail against are OVERWHELMINGLY minorities, minorities who will overwhelmingly vote Democrat no questions asked. So in your attempt to make Trump's base look bad, you simply look like a racist who thinks black people are stupid/uneducated and that education is a "white thing".

Well done.
edit on 27-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

So there over one hundred thousand votes of which Trump received over 90 thousand . Either this guy has alot of like minded friends or Clinton supporters avoid facebook. Anyways I don't have a dog in this race but it has been fascinating watching.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Davg80

Imagine a laserbeam that can cut through a nuke mid-air. We have better than that.

Not only will neither of them ACTUALLY have any say in Military affairs, none of that matters and is also completely out of either their control.

They operate the Military to the degree a Cashier at a Grocery Store runs it.

The odds of us being Nuked are less than 1%. The odds of us using a Nuke is essentially 0%. This doesn't change no matter who is elected.

And you're on here claiming to be on the side of "logic" and "science" and yet you make a statement like this... that the president doesn't actually have the launch codes or the say to launch if we are under attack. Seriously? The shadow government tells the generals. lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

Don't be an idiot. Your link has nothing to do with this poll. The poll is directly relative to who is being sampled. The people being sampled are all Trump supporters. It's the same reason Drudge polls turn out 85+ for Trump. Once again, stop being an idiot, linking things I doubt you understand, and acting like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Yes, we know she is corrupt. Yes, we know she shouldn't be president. This poll is nothing but idiots repeating themselves in an echo chamber.

I truly believe you are the POT calling the kettle BLACK. lmao.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

No, the science is literally so advanced that the common man cannot fathom why the USA actual position on Nukes is no one should ever have them or use them.

Infact, the only reason we allow anyone to have Plutonium, is because of our confidence to be able to detonate it in their own territory.

It's mind bending especially, because it's through ignorance, and so the Government simultaneously fears people finding out their worthless too. Mind bendingly stupid thing to fathom, that will never happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

sorry, where I live very few are voting trump. my work forum, which is very large, majority voting Hillary. so....

and, the majority of my facebook friends and my husbands DEFINTILY voting Hillary. so....

And you live.... where?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
That friend-to-friend link must be lost after a few thousands of votes, if the person who created the pool has only Trump supporter friends, which is unlikely after 3 or 4 "generations" of sharing the Trump proximity is lost and the sample becomes more reliable.

What I thought was that the FB public was in general younger and more pro democrats.

Its a mater of letting the pool go, if a person can only vote once this may become the most reliable pool ever done in history. How many americans have a FB account?

What is foreigners start voting? Has he limited the pool to american members?

Ok so if the originator sends it to say, 50-100 friends. Each friend sends it to even 2-3 people...look at this exponentially. Your assertion that the link would die out in 3-4 degrees of separation is very dubious. It would likely fade over time. The whole copy of a copy factor. But it's not as if when the link hits 3 degrees of separation it is suddenly 50/50 C or T.

You have to look at how these things work.

Ok I am voting Hillary. I currently have 159 people on my friends list. I know of 3-4 people who are relatively die hard for Trump. This is easy to know because of post history, and the fact that in many cases, the few others who tore me apart for posting something Democrat related were removed by me. But let's make the numbers easy. We'll say I have 100 friends on FB. 90 are Hillary and 10 are Trump. Now because I have sch a massive overload of H supporters in comparison to T, there are some factors to look at.

First, Because I am posting this poll, my return will likely be 8-9 to 1 for H. Now if the 10 T supporters see this, there is going to be some social drop off as mentioned prior by other posters because they now realize they are severely outnumbered and either fan away due to fear, disconcern, or jus the plain understanding of "it's not even worth trying with this lot."

Ok so that is problem 1

Now let's move some generations. NOW we compound the problem because as my liberal friends are also likely to have liberal friends due to family and association, we continue to have a hefty overwhelming load of H versus T support. The numbers continue to climb.

now as we move further degrees out, there is likely to be some vagueness and the number of H to T supporters per new degree will close in a bit. But it isn't like all of a sudden I will hit the 4th degree and BAM suddenly it is 90/10 Trump or 50/50 split. Association is in play ESPECIALLY on social media where we want to be known and felt by others who share our beliefs. Yes I agree it's kind of a sad way to live, but it's pretty real. Whether you support H or T, social media works on 6 word memes to get our "information." We share that and others who associate with us agree....etc etc

But even as the split evens out after more and more degrees of separation, you are also going to run into more of the "it's not worth it" mindset because as the numbers grow and this BS poll shows 90% H support over T, the new pollsters will just blow it off as BS.

That's why this "system" of polling is absolute bunk.

Now make no mistake, I know that media based polls have their methods to bias and I am not that pleased with those either...but to think that a social media, friend to friend based poll isn't going to be insanely lopsided is foolish.
edit on 27-10-2016 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

When Trump loses, will you come back and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology, while Facebook polls have no statistical relevance?
A scientific poll?

Do you mean a complicated poll? There is no science needed in a #ing vote haha.

Our educational system has failed spectacularly....

Yes it has... ever since the liberal agenda took over the curriculum.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

When Trump loses, will you come back and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology, while Facebook polls have no statistical relevance?

Well, the Op is ahead of you with the stars poll here, so maybe they are on to something.

Are you kidding with this?

I mean ... really.

Relax, my point was in informal polling here on this thread, the OP's point was more popular. Nothing scientific, or reflective of the site as a whole of course. I do think Trumps appeal to voters is underreported because the MSM is so geared to Hillary.

Personally, I think Trump will win the popular vote in a landslide, but Hillary has long ago negotiated to get the majority of the electoral votes, so she will win.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join