It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real time Facebook presidential poll shows a completely different story than mainstream media polls

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
(post by IsntLifeFunny removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

The relationship between margin of error and sample size is simple: As the sample size increases, the margin of error decreases. This relationship is called an inverse because the two move in opposite directions.

Link to Statistics for Dummies

I don't really care about how many possible errors there could be in the polling...the sample size is enormous. There isn't a +/- 45% margin of error.

It's an interesting and very telling poll...even if it is fraught with unknowns and errors.

Don't be an idiot. Your link has nothing to do with this poll. The poll is directly relative to who is being sampled. The people being sampled are all Trump supporters. It's the same reason Drudge polls turn out 85+ for Trump. Once again, stop being an idiot, linking things I doubt you understand, and acting like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Yes, we know she is corrupt. Yes, we know she shouldn't be president. This poll is nothing but idiots repeating themselves in an echo chamber.
edit on 27-10-2016 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Never mind. Idiots are going to tout this and be idiots.

Hey guys, Drudge polls said Trump won the debates 85 to 15!
edit on 27-10-2016 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

When Trump loses, will you come back and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology, while Facebook polls have no statistical relevance?
A scientific poll?

Do you mean a complicated poll? There is no science needed in a #ing vote haha.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
cmon think about it they give the people what they want just enough to keep them from complete riot

they give a black president , next a female president , then next a gay president and americans are happY!

hilary will win and it will be horrible for everyone

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I like how my post goes largely ignored, and the bots go about their programmed narrative. Anything to keep the ignorance on its vector.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
well i predict both to be bad choices..come hell or high water..etc etc etc..

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton is losing plain and simple I stated this before we work among the community in NE PA
there is no one voting for her out of at least 250 people that we know of in our area. This is odd because at least more then 75% of them have
voted democratic in the past ...PA has always been a liberal state ... theres a huge change where we live. This is a movement like no other and if you choose to deny it you are fools!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

This is the worst excuse for an excuse ever. Do you even believe what you wrote?
Do you honestly think someone would create fake facebook accounts to vote on a poll, started by a regular guy? Why? to have a whopping 2 or three votes to mingle with the other thousands? get real.
Do you really think that a bunch of regular people are going to 'gangstalk' someone who wants to vote Cinton? or that a Clinton supporter would be scared to show support in this? It's early, but this is the dullest excuse I've seen today.
I haven't made a comment on here in at least a week, so congrats. Thats how powerful your post was.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I polled my Facebook friends and received a couple Trumps and Hillarys, with an overwhelming number of write-ins for Cthulhu. Based on this I've determined that the topic of this thread is slanted by the GOP and really a return of the Elder Gods to power is what America overwhelmingly wants.

Snark aside, polls like this are interesting, but it's not fair to call any of them statistically relevant, including the network ones since the voting audience involved is typically not disclosed. It's just not practical to think that the sample size and breadth of population that is surveyed truly meets random sampling criteria.

I do think it's a little more telling to look at the widely varying poll results as an indicator that voters ARE split. You can find so many polls in favor of whoever backs your candidate of choice. Still, if I sample a nerd convention (my people), I'll likely get a lot of those Cthulhu votes on novelty just by putting him on the ballot. Doesn't make it accurate for an entire nation.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

IF NLP is being used it's ONLY on the CEll phones.
OH LOOK Hillary got caught screwing around with MONEY again in her bogus foundation......www.huffingtonpost.com...

Failure of scientific knowledge leads to cell phones leads to a slam on the Clinton Foundation.

Perfect logic as always.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: imjack

This is the worst excuse for an excuse ever. Do you even believe what you wrote?

Yes.

Do you honestly think someone would create fake facebook accounts to vote on a poll, started by a regular guy? Why? to have a whopping 2 or three votes to mingle with the other thousands? get real.
Was this the primary example I made about the polls flaw? No, you skipped that one. Do I believe someone would make an account to vote twice on this? No. Does this mean it's not possible? It's possible. What's more likely is someone who has two Facebook accounts prior to this, voting twice. It's honestly ignorant to assume no one at all has in 90,000 comments. For all you know, the man that created it is creating extra accounts.

Do you really think that a bunch of regular people are going to 'gangstalk' someone who wants to vote Cinton?

Yes. Source. There's also the fact no one replies to 'Trump' while 'Clinton' has.... gangstalking replies...The definition really doesn't get any more straightforward. Unless you can explain why no one replies to anything but 'Clinton' in this 'unbias' poll? My theory is Trump supporters literally have nothing of substance to say other than "TRUMP!" and replies would be incoherient dick waving of who could capitalize the most letters and repeatedly say "TRUMP!".
edit on 27-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
Hillary Clinton is losing plain and simple I stated this before we work among the community in NE PA
there is no one voting for her out of at least 250 people that we know of in our area. This is odd because at least more then 75% of them have
voted democratic in the past ...PA has always been a liberal state ... theres a huge change where we live. This is a movement like no other and if you choose to deny it you are fools!

The best way for Trump to either win or know the game was rigged and be told, is if the poll workers are democrats and flipping to Trump, they will know and they will tell. So it seems like in places like this that might happen. And if this is organic as we think it means you could have both GOP & DEM poll workers all supporting Trump and if they are, that works hugely in his favor. His voters will be motivated to volunteer.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here's an example:

I'm an atheist. I have both atheist and non-atheist friends on Facebook, many of my non-atheist friends have my news feed blocked (because I tend to upset them). I am a member of several "atheist" groups with several hundred followers each, many of whom follow my page.

Let's say then that my page's exposure is 1000 people.

I post "Do you believe in God?"

I get 900 responses that say "No.". I get 50 that say "Yes."

Does this prove that 90% of Americans don't believe in God?

Keep in mind that these are REAL PEOPLE expressing a REAL OPINION on my page. You can track them, they have real lives, etc. etc.

Can you draw any conclusion about the American population based on what you know from this?
edit on 27-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No disrespect intended, but perhaps you are the exception rather than the rule.

Your experiences are not the measure of all things.

Besides that, why the low-grade snideness directed at another member who is obviously trying to discover the truth?

While you admit that this "facebook poll" is scientifically worthless ... you're still "fascinated" by it.

Fair enough. But why do Byrd's observations (which are, by the way, right on point and logical as opposed to most of what is transpiring in this thread) seem to threaten you?

Surely, we're all looking for the best evidence we can find ... right?

I was asked specifically about what kind of diversity is found in my FB friend list to confirm that it's a reflection of all kinds of bias. But nothing could be further from the truth. The assumption that it would confirm his 'FB friend lists reflect bias theory,' was insulting, and frankly I've encountered that kind of thoughtless, finger-pointing and assumption on ATS, too much.

I also don't believe it's a logical or general rule...not in my experience and I am very familiar with FB.

I stated a good reason for finding the poll interesting -- it's a huge sample size.

I don't know what the best evidence is for determining voter preference, right now. All the methods of measuring have serious flaws, so why not consider them all, IMO.

edit on 27-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

sorry, where I live very few are voting trump. my work forum, which is very large, majority voting Hillary. so....

and, the majority of my facebook friends and my husbands DEFINTILY voting Hillary. so....

edit on 27-10-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

so you live in fantasy land?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

almost. definetey one of the prettiest cities in the country. guess we're happy with our life decisions here and not angry at everything and everyone.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: introvert

If she wins this election I will be totally convinced that America has been hijacked by the Clinton Cabal and we are all friggin' doomed!

Because of a non-scientific poll conducted on facebook?

agree 100%. conspiracy theorists my ass.

That makes no sense.

Scientific? This poll is much more accurate than these phony polls by the media who you have no idea who they are actually calling.

False. The guy is from Tennessee, a very red state. Therefore, even if he isn't a Republican, the majority of his friends on FB, who will likely be in his locale, will Republican. Then, the friends who vote have that show up on their friends' page, and they vote...are we starting to get the picture? No? Didnt think so.

Your post before this lame one said you were leaving the thread. Why are you still here?

Because I'm a sucker for destroying terrible arguments. This thread is the living embodiment of the fact this website, one that I love, has been taken over by idiots.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

what indicates to you that im angry at everyone and everything? im just saying that your story sounds made up.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join