It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

To pander to Hispanics Hillary states some whoppers on Univision

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

ACA is the law of the land. I suppose you favor the President (or a future President) just ignoring the law then? 

I don't.

There are currently more than 300 sanctuary jurisdictions in the United States where law enforcement is not allowed to cooperate with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to enforce federal immigration laws. 

Do you?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ugh,

Well, she wouldn't have to do much to garner a Hispanic's vote, would she? What choice has the Republican party/Conservatives given them?

I think the stance taken by the Republicans/Conservatives towards Hispanic immigrants is ugly, wrong headed, and likely one that history will rightfully judge to be among their biggest blunders. What a foolish mistake.

And, before there's any mud slung, no I'm not a progressive, lefty, or democrat, in fact, if I vote, it will be for Trump.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Ugh,

Well, she wouldn't have to do much to garner a Hispanic's vote, would she? What choice has the Republican party/Conservatives given them?

I think the stance taken by the Republicans/Conservatives towards Hispanic immigrants is ugly, wrong headed, and likely one that history will rightfully judge to be among their biggest blunders. What a foolish mistake.

And, before there's any mud slung, no I'm not a progressive, lefty, or democrat, in fact, if I vote, it will be for Trump.

So you think that out of all the different peoples of the world, Hispanics and Hispanics alone should just be allowed to walk over the US border whenever they want to unlike all the other peoples of the world who usually have to follow US immigration law in order to come here and establish residency?

No, wait, you instead think that people who dislike illegal aliens ONLY dislike it when they are of Hispanic origin and seem to miss the fact that illegal aliens come from every race and people and no matter what their origin, they have the same deleterious effect on the US economy.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

What's your source?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your best critique of Hillary Clinton is that she does accents and carries hot sauce in her purse.

No. And the word is "criticism".

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Your best critique of Hillary Clinton is that she does accents and carries hot sauce in her purse.

No. And the word is "criticism".

Arguing from the dictionary? Spoken like a true sophist.

As English may not be your first language, you may not be familiar with the concept of tone.

Critique as opposed to criticism here denoted my innate dismissal of Matafuchs' commentary. Criticism would be more direct, as if I were actually addressing the question to him reasonably. I was not. I was making commentary about the asinine nature of his comments by my word choice, categorizing his words just as he was trivializing the weight of an entire person down to a few superficial characteristics.

I can understand how a nitpicking semanticist could miss that.

Also, do you really want to get into arguments about the dictionary? Is that how little you have to contribute on the topic?
edit on 26-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
THERE are 3 types of people to me,those requiring a big words,those who are confused and can be explained simply and cussing for the rest as THEY use it as common language.
SJWs not invited ,more like someones lab rats,noisy, fun to watch but swept aside in the face of pragmatic reason.
SOME got violent in a non capable fashion,and ACTUALLY hit people.
As usual they got shut down.
Saying dirty things or totally screwing with national security...it's almost an intelligence test...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey Ketsuko,

So you think that out of all the different peoples of the world, Hispanics and Hispanics alone should just be allowed to walk over the US border whenever they want to unlike all the other peoples of the world who usually have to follow US immigration law in order to come here and establish residency?

No. I don't believe anyone should just be allowed to "walk over the U.S. border whenever they want". On the contrary, I think securing our borders, all of them, needs to be a priority, should have been done a long time ago. But it wasn't. So here we are, in a situation that can't be solved merely by securing the borders, we also have to decide how we're going to deal with the 11 million odd illegal Mexican immigrants that are already here, a situation for which we as a nation are at least partially culpable.

No, wait, you instead think that people who dislike illegal aliens ONLY dislike it when they are of Hispanic origin and seem to miss the fact that illegal aliens come from every race and people and no matter what their origin

No. I believe that there is a racial component in some people's dislike of illegal aliens, to varying degrees, but not all of them, I wouldn't even venture a guess of what the ratio is. So "dislike illegal aliens" doesn't necessarily equal racist in my mind.

My thinking/feelings/concerns are based on compassion, practicality and my experience with the illegal Mexican immigrants.

Rounding up and deporting 11 million some odd people scattered across the country just isn't practical. I don't believe it can be done. And even if it could be done, can you imagine what that would be like? I mean seriously Ketsuko, think about what that would be like. Think about how ugly it would be. Whatever "crime" they've committed by entering the US illegally would pale in comparison to the evils we'd have to commit to execute a wholesale round up and deportation of 11 million some odd people.

And if that's not enough, from a practical standpoint, consider the blunder the Republicans/Conservatives are making.

I've spent a lot of time around illegal Mexican aliens, working with them, eating with them, and so on over many years. By and large I've found them to be hard working, as a group equally if not more prone to entrepreneurial endeavors than Americans, and conservative leaning on issues of culture and faith. Sound familiar? What party, what side of the left/ right continuum do you think they'd be inclined to lean, if we weren't insulting them and pushing them away so hard?

So, secure the borders? Absolutely. Round up and deport the violent felons among them? Absolutely. But round up and deport them en masse? Absolutely not.

We need to give the illegal Mexican immigrants that are already here a "path way to citizenship" if not out right amnesty. And as Conservatives and Christians, we need to embrace them as kindred spirits, because by and large they are.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So, once again, nothing about the actual post? Do you really think she is not pandering? Telling people her 2 year old grandkids knows Spanish on Univision. Is she going to say she can write rap songs on BET next?

I said...

this is not a big deal but stop and think.

I then went on to explain my point that she is pathological and will say anything to anyone to makes sure she looks good. This is a fact. And now, as the new wikileaks explain, her own staffers have disagreed and in fact did not really like her or her message.

Also, I do not need a second but having friends who feel the same way just validates your ideas.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I like Mexican food myself. If I told people that, would I be "pandering'?

Let's face the facts. You and most of those like you who have been attracted to Mr. Trump for ... whatever reasons ... share characteristics.

One of those is that you HATE Hillary Clinton, particularly at this point. It's an irrational hatred. It's a hatred that has transformed this old lady in a pantsuit who has always wanted to be President into a criminal mastermind who accomplishes feats of crime, at least, in your minds, the equal of Moriarty or Lex Luther.

Yes, those are fictional characters. That should tell you all something.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I do like it when Hillary breaks out her "southern accent" when talking to African-Americans.If Trump did that.....

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

My pathway to citizenship? Go home and apply like so many other people are doing and have done. What do you have against the people who continue to follow the law and whom you would now put at a disadvantage because you feel sorry for the ones who broke it in the first place?

At some point, you have to understand they made their bed. There has to be some recognition of that. Where is the compassion for the many hundreds of thousands or more who continue to endure their countries of origin because they actually respect our country's laws enough to believe in the legal process and the law? Don't they deserve to be here more than the ones who showed such disrespect that they ignored them?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: matafuchs

I like Mexican food myself. If I told people that, would I be "pandering'?

Let's face the facts. You and most of those like you who have been attracted to Mr. Trump for ... whatever reasons ... share characteristics.

One of those is that you HATE Hillary Clinton, particularly at this point. It's an irrational hatred. It's a hatred that has transformed this old lady in a pantsuit who has always wanted to be President into a criminal mastermind who accomplishes feats of crime, at least, in your minds, the equal of Moriarty or Lex Luther.

Yes, those are fictional characters. That should tell you all something.

Pandering is saying what you need to say.

If you genuinely like Mexican food, then you are not pandering. If she doesn't like Mexican food and is merely saying it get votes, then she is.

So, are you privy to Ms. Clinton's menu choices to actually know for sure what she likes or doesn't? The OP contained a link showing that her favorite places to eat do not contain a Mexican eatery ... so there is more evidence for pandering than against it.

PS What hot sauce does she keep in her purse?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that what pandering means? Thanks Kets.

Are you "privy to Mrs. Clinton's menu choices"? Has that kept you from chiming in here?

Of course not.

Here's the point of my commentary: THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT!

She's a POLITICIAN. They pander for votes. IN a real sense, that's kinda the DEFINITION.

Yet, here we have ANOTHER ATS thread about MEANINGLESS CRAP that affords NOTHING MORE than another opportunity for Clinton hate and addresses not a SINGLE ISSUE.

What about the real issues, Ketsuko? Are we really going to elect Presidents from now on based on trivial, meaningless, garbage, CRAP like this?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME???

Good gravy.

She deserves to win.

Yep, it's her #ing turn.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME???

Good gravy.

She deserves to win.

Yep, it's her #ing turn.

Sure. There haven't been any negative comments about Clinton to date, have there?

Thanks for weighing in.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Are you KIDDING ME?

Trump goes to a BLACK CHURCH and let's them drape a PRAYER SHAWL from Israel over him.

The playboy serial adulterer who likes to brag about assaulting women.

You have NO PROBLEM with that garbage? From the guy who likes to quote from TWO CORINTHIANS?

He probably thinks they make leather.

Jeez.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
She can't help pandering. She is the do anything and say anything to get elected candidate, after which she does nothing apart from use public office to make money (no matter who it hurts or kills). She'll be back in four years to pander some more and blame everyone else for the four years of bloodshed and disaster about to be unleashed.

I wonder does she like hot sauce on her favourite Mexican meals?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Her preference for hot sauce and spicy food was documented years ago.

But sure, might as well add this to the list ... what will this scandal be "Tabasco-Gate"

That actually has more credence than most of the trumped-up crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join