It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star Destroyed with a Sledgehammer and Pick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

He was on TV. Presumably, he has a SAG card.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I wonder if most people know that the Walk of Fame is a sham. Most celebrities PAY for their own stars (at the cost of $25,000 per star).

Not true. There is a committee that selects only about one out of every ten to twelve nominations they receive. The fee is about $30,000 (not $25,000), but has nothing to do with the person 'buying' their star. They have to be selected beforehand, and half of the money is used for creation, installation, and the dedication ceremony. The other half goes to the trust responsible for maintenance and repairs on the walk of fame. You can't just buy a star.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: gortex

I suppose it made him feel better but it will return before he goes to prison.

So he was charged then?

You didn't provide a link.

it even said in the video that they haven't caught the man yet, but the op should have stated it perfectly for you cause you don't get it obviously. the star will be back before the man will be charged and goes to prison, I think that's what the OP originally meant here, and I think you know that as well............ don't play stupid, and don't be a jerk, no one likes it

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

My my my....

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He went all Negan on it.

I am amazed at how divided America is. Are you guys on the cusp of a civil war?

Divide and conquer, will win the day.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ooooooh, that guy's gonna get sued! Add another name to your list, Donald!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Man, that is severe, he could of just dropped a deuce on it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The vandal has spoken.

The vandal, who identified himself to Deadline as Jamie Otis, told the website had planned to remove the star intact and auction it off on election day to raise money for the dozen women who've accused the Apprentice personality of sexual assault. "All of these liars will be sued after the election is over," Trump proclaimed during a late October campaign stop in Gettysburg, Pa.

And so have the police.

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman described him to USA TODAY only as a white male and noted that he left behind a pick, sledgehammer, construction hat and a vest. Meanwhile, the department is asking the public to call them at (213) 972-2971 with any tips that may help identify him.

"We're reviewing surveillance footage from local businesses and when the case is completed, it will be submitted to the district attorney for filing of a felony vandalism charge," she said, adding that the damage to Trump's star is estimated at $2,500.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Oh no! If he gets a felony conviction he won't be able to vote against Trump in his reelection bid in 2020!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Greggers
I wonder if most people know that the Walk of Fame is a sham. Most celebrities PAY for their own stars (at the cost of $25,000 per star).

Not true. There is a committee that selects only about one out of every ten to twelve nominations they receive. The fee is about $30,000 (not $25,000), but has nothing to do with the person 'buying' their star. They have to be selected beforehand, and half of the money is used for creation, installation, and the dedication ceremony. The other half goes to the trust responsible for maintenance and repairs on the walk of fame. You can't just buy a star.

It is true.

Obviously they cannot approve everyone. If they want the Walk of Fame to retain its status as a tourist attraction, they can't give nobodies a star.

Still, you have to apply, and then raise the money yourself (so it's gone up $5,000 since the last time I read about this -- that hardly helps your point).

My point is: most people think of the Walk of Fame as being some type of award given to people UNSOLICITED, with NO PERSONAL INVESTMENT, based strictly upon their professional accomplishments in the entertainment industry.

It's not.

It is absolutely NOT an award.

It is a purchased product with a strict requirements list.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This guy was a tool. A waste and simply causing money to be spent and time to be wasted to replace.

So, what is going to happen on the morning of the 9th when we are in a Trump presidency? That, to me, is what is troubling. Realize, it will still be an Obama administration. So, just think about it. If Hillary loses she could care less. She goes back to the CGI and makes a # ton of money. However, if there is widespread looting and rioting what will he government impose. At this point they could once again state that those who support the new POTUS are responsible for the actions of the others, not personal responsibility, and squeeze us for a few months.
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002016-10-26T14:47:39-05:000239 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Trump is gonna have his star replaced by a solid gold one.

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Being and adult does not make a person mature beyond the level of a child and apparently this guy decided to show off his childlike behavior to the world.

Sadly there is no maturity level test for voters and the inmates have a role in running the asylum. This one is so dumb he thought he could take the star intact with those tools.

I could care less about Trump, but an idiot like this needs to be caught and taught a lesson.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This one is so dumb he thought he could take the star intact with those tools.

You're buying that BS excuse? He's grasping for some pseudo-defensible rationale aside from "Me got mad, me break stuff that not mine" truth behind his tantrum-like actions. We can see what type of human being he is either way, as his excuse indicates theft is less concerning than vandalism in his mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The real merchants of hate are recognized by their actions, and this is only one of many examples.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is a disgusting act of vandalism, but I have to admit I am surprised, it's the first time I've seen a Hillary supporter in work clothes doing physical labor.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm only surprised that Hillary supporters haven't done it sooner.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This one is so dumb he thought he could take the star intact with those tools.

You're buying that BS excuse? He's grasping for some pseudo-defensible rationale aside from "Me got mad, me break stuff that not mine" truth behind his tantrum-like actions. We can see what type of human being he is either way, as his excuse indicates theft is less concerning than vandalism in his mind.

No, I'm not particularly buying it and it's likely just an attempt to get out of it by sounding like he's trying to help perceived victims. I think people can conclude that for themselves. I doubt a judge would even let him say it in court as a defense.

Setting aside political sides, I'd imagine the vast majority of people, even on the Left, are appalled by these things going on.

I'm sure we will see more. These types seem to want attention so badly they are willing to go to jail, just to get a little notoriety on the news or Internet. Once he is outed as to who he is, he will likely milk it for all its worth and no doubt find some more simple minded people to support him. He'll likely end up with a high end attorney pro bono and that's sad that I even believe that, but I could be right.

In the end he will likely see it dropped to a lesser charge, do no time and be a hero among his peers.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm only surprised that Hillary supporters haven't done it sooner.

Do you really believe all people on the Left are for things like this? I can't stomach Hillary at all, but I don't think all of the Democrats are nuts. In fact I suspect the nuts are evenly distributed between the sides.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

lol, thanks for posting, didn't heard about it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join