It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Do People Think Trump Even Has A Shot?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I mean this question seriously. Why does anyone still think Trump has a shot at winning the presidency? I'm not even asking based on what the polls say or Trump's claims of rigging. I'm asking because of how he has run his campaign.

Non-whites make up about 37% of the population. For the most part these people vote Democrat. White females make up about 32% of the population. Once again the people generally vote Democrat. This gives us 69% of the population that are more likely to vote Democrat before the election even gets under way.

Since the start of the election Trump has done very little to cater these demographics. He alienated Hispanics (the largest non-white group at 17% of the population) early on with his views on immigration and certain other statements. The same goes with the Muslim population (a demographic that went 85% Democrat in 2012). Trump lost this demographic early on with his promises of background checks and deportation. Since angering these two demographics he has done little to nothing to try to win them back.

While he hasn't really done anything to anger African Americans he also hasn't really done anything to court them either. While his speech in Detroit may have got him a few votes he did nothing to capitalize. Instead all of his other attempts to court the African American vote have come across as pandering and out of touch.

Then we come to his current problem, the female vote. Even before the election started he was fighting an uphill battle in this regard. He's running against Hillary. That fact alone will almost definitely cost him a sizable chunk of the female vote. For whatever reason he has done almost nothing to gain the female vote. Instead his campaign has been fraught with controversies surrounding women. From his attacks on Megyn Kelly, to the reporter that claimed she was assaulted by Trump's campaign manager, to criticizing the looks of his female critics, to the Trump Tapes and claims of sexual assault.

So we have 69% of the population that generally votes Democrat and Trump has done nothing to court them. And in fact in many cases he has offended them. This is before we even factor in the White male vote. In 2012 38% of white males voted Democrat. This another 11% of the population that trend Democrat. Meaning that Hillary already had 80% of the vote that would more likely vote Democrat before the election even started.

This isn't the end of Trump's campaign problems though. A presidential candidate is usually guaranteed to carry their home state. This isn't the case for Trump. New York will be going to Hillary. A presidential candidate also tends to pick a running mate that can help them in contested states. Instead, Trump chose Mike Pence of Indiana. A red state.

So after looking at all of this, how does anyone think Trump can win? He was behind to start with and has lost more ground than he has gained.
Shirley you jest...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Most people don't care what someone has to say or what they stand for if it sounds like a good movie based on what they hear standing in the kitchen based on the actors voice surrounded by the sounds of the movie mixed among it they will vote for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Because Hillary is a crook.

She makes Richard M. Nixon look like a saint.

If she is elected i give it less then a year before she is impeached for crimes a lot worse then Richard M. Nixon.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Because Hillary is a crook.

She makes Richard M. Nixon look like a saint.

If she is elected i give it less then a year before she is impeached for crimes a lot worse then Richard M. Nixon.

No, I don't think so.

The way she's been protected this far? I think the only way she's removed is either if she dies in office or if we march on Washington and remove her as citizens.

Now, Trump on the other hand I can easily see getting impeached as soon as they think they have a reason for it. One of the many reasons why I don't fear him in the oval office.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Because Clinton supporters (and the MSM) spend literally ALL of their energy telling the public that Trump has no chance and is a hot-headed, slimy, sexual predator. Hey, why don't you tell us some positive, convincing, and inspirational things about your candidate and her policies for a change? If you could turn your focus to the issues and convince me that her platform is clearly superior (without lying) you might have my vote.
As it stands, the Donald bashing just gets stronger every day. You'd think that really if he had "no chance" none of you would bother. In fact this thread wouldn't even exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There's a lot of people here who think the earth is flat. Those are definitely Trump votes. The motto of the site is deny ignorance. Comical because I've never met so many nonsensical, asinine do nothings.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
whats wrong with his campaign? i know americans arent used to MEN that speak their mind because you barely have any but believe it or not people respond to that. strong people take charge and people rally behind their strength. how do you not comprehend that simple fact?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
whats wrong with his campaign? i know americans arent used to MEN that speak their mind because you barely have any but believe it or not people respond to that. strong people take charge and people rally behind their strength. how do you not comprehend that simple fact?

I honestly have zero problem with men speaking their minds, as long as they are not racist, misogyinists, and they disavow the support of Neo-nazis and the KKK. I don't like Clinton either...as I find her two faced possibly a criminal. However we citizens allowed both of these idiots into the race...therefore I have to vote for the one that will not be used as a puppet by Russia...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Perspective is an interesting thing.

Because it's the hillary supporters that appear the most ignorant to me.

Naive idealists who seem to think that peoples feelings matter more than anything else.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

" Why Do People Think Trump Even Has A Shot? "

One Simple Reason . AMERICA WANTS To be GREAT AGAIN .

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think Trump has the same character flaw that I have (not that I'm voting for him).

When I was a soldier I often had to take soldiers out on missions that I knew had the potential to see them maimed or even killed. Part of my job as an NCO was keeping them all focused on the mission and keeping the moral as high as possible. I did that by talking to them as soldiers and explaining things to them as soldiers. I never explained things to them as "black soldiers", or "female soldiers" or even "homosexual soldiers". My mind never worked like that because to me they were simply soldiers.

Trump is not a politician and talks to Americans. Not "black Americans", "female Americans", or even "homosexual Americans". He just talks to Americans and what he wants to do to change things for them.

What I find fascinating about the whole thing is those that want to raise the question of inclusion are most often the ones that focus on differences.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

ok well the one that wont be a puppet to russia is probably gonna start a war with russia. but hey that doesnt matter right. as long as the imaginary idea that trump is a russia puppet doesnt come true. and even if he was whats the problem? please answer me this.

while you're at it tell me exactly how trump is a bigot? I say racist and bigoted # all the time and guess what. not a bigot. or a racist. and ive never hear trump actually say anything bigoted. he said that some mexan immigrants rape and kill. and guess what? they definitely do. they impact the lives of americans pretty god damn heavily. dont know why youre ok with that but alright.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

" Fox: Adelson Gives $25 Million to Attack Hillary "

According to Fox News, the cash blast is expected to help GOP down-ballot races, but is also a sign high-rolling donors who doubted Donald Trump could beat Clinton are now betting her WikiLeaks and email scandal are making her vulnerable.

www.newsmax.com...

One Benefit of this Hillary E-Mail Scandal is some Heavy Hitting GOP Donors are Finally coming around to the Idea that Mr. Trump and those on the Down Ballot from him , have an opportunity to Win the Trifecta of Government in 2016 .The White House , and a Majority in the House and Senate . Not Good News for Democrats there , seems Mr. Trump's " Shot " just got a lot more Interesting.....

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
But "Hispanics" are not all "brown". Some "Hispanics" are white, and some are black, some are even Asian. And white "Hispanics" consider themselves "white", as they should. That's what they are.

The biggest misconception about "Hispanics" is that we are all brown, that we stick together, and we all get along.

You're dead wrong.
edit on 31-10-2016 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Steak

By this logic how do you explain what happened in 2014?

GOP dominates midterms, takes control of Senate

Of course the polls said this wouldn't happen either... SMH

'Election Rigging'

It's funny that Trump complains that the system is rigged and if that's true, than it means that the GOP just rigged all the ones they've won in the last 15 years to carry over such a huge majority.

(as the dems do, any chance they get I'm sure.)

I'm being hyperbolic here of course but that's where that line of logic would lead you.

And besides the popular vote means nothing anyway. I think he might actually with the popular and lose the Electoral and he'll get it reviewed by SCOTUS on the grounds that he doesn't understand how elections work.

~Tenth

After being this wrong you should have to leave this forum...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I mean this question seriously. Why does anyone still think Trump has a shot at winning the presidency? I'm not even asking based on what the polls say or Trump's claims of rigging. I'm asking because of how he has run his campaign.

Non-whites make up about 37% of the population. For the most part these people vote Democrat. White females make up about 32% of the population. Once again the people generally vote Democrat. This gives us 69% of the population that are more likely to vote Democrat before the election even gets under way.

Since the start of the election Trump has done very little to cater these demographics. He alienated Hispanics (the largest non-white group at 17% of the population) early on with his views on immigration and certain other statements. The same goes with the Muslim population (a demographic that went 85% Democrat in 2012). Trump lost this demographic early on with his promises of background checks and deportation. Since angering these two demographics he has done little to nothing to try to win them back.

While he hasn't really done anything to anger African Americans he also hasn't really done anything to court them either. While his speech in Detroit may have got him a few votes he did nothing to capitalize. Instead all of his other attempts to court the African American vote have come across as pandering and out of touch.

Then we come to his current problem, the female vote. Even before the election started he was fighting an uphill battle in this regard. He's running against Hillary. That fact alone will almost definitely cost him a sizable chunk of the female vote. For whatever reason he has done almost nothing to gain the female vote. Instead his campaign has been fraught with controversies surrounding women. From his attacks on Megyn Kelly, to the reporter that claimed she was assaulted by Trump's campaign manager, to criticizing the looks of his female critics, to the Trump Tapes and claims of sexual assault.

So we have 69% of the population that generally votes Democrat and Trump has done nothing to court them. And in fact in many cases he has offended them. This is before we even factor in the White male vote. In 2012 38% of white males voted Democrat. This another 11% of the population that trend Democrat. Meaning that Hillary already had 80% of the vote that would more likely vote Democrat before the election even started.

This isn't the end of Trump's campaign problems though. A presidential candidate is usually guaranteed to carry their home state. This isn't the case for Trump. New York will be going to Hillary. A presidential candidate also tends to pick a running mate that can help them in contested states. Instead, Trump chose Mike Pence of Indiana. A red state.

So after looking at all of this, how does anyone think Trump can win? He was behind to start with and has lost more ground than he has gained.

Wow - truly clueless and completely wrong. Maybe try to working on your ignorance before posting here anymore.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Where is the OP at?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join