It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Do People Think Trump Even Has A Shot?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Because of what happened with Brexit, earlier this year.

Polls were wrong, world MSM was wrong.

I think they were polling 65% stay or some such thing before the votes were counted.
Blind sided everyone, but yah, you just have to wait and see..

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why Do People Think Trump Even Has A Shot?

New numbers are fresh in today and Trump is gaining on hillary again.
A new Bloomberg Politics poll finds Trump ahead of Clinton, 45% to 43% go Trump go!!!
Like I said, ignore the media and hype. US folk will vote for change and not the kind Hilary Criminal is offering (Obama 2). I predicted in my BREXT thread 2 months before the referendum that the UK folk would vote OUT and very few ATSer's believed it. Well I was right and I will be right on this also! I trust the people not the media or other BS channels. The US folk have had enough and they will show it on election day! Your next president will be TRUMPOTUS!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why does it have to be explained. He's within what, 6 points, or something? That's within realm of possibility. The bigger trouble for him are the swing/battleground states, where he's performing poorly. Still, I would never be certain about HRC winning. I think when election time comes, sometimes people vote differently. And it's possible people will vote who don't normally.

I can't get over the sexual allegations (and lawsuits) against Trump, his foul language, his wall, his stance towards muslims, his overall inexperience in government and so on. I also think deporting undocumented immigrants would be like body slamming our economy. I don't think the workforce is prepared to retake those jobs because it has been too long. We're at a stage where we need them now. We should just grant amnesty and paths to citizenship. I do support border security. I do agree a nation without borders isn't really a nation. I just don't accept extremist positions, like Trumps. As for jobs overseas, it's a similar problem. The bottom line is we need to balance the need for standards with the capacity of developing nations to meet them. The cheap production of goods is undeniably highly desirable. We should marry our highest aspirations with the practical reality on the ground--meaning we can't have everything.
edit on 10/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
He's not trying to "court" any single demographics. He's appealing to the American people as a whole. Hence, why he has supporters from all of the demographics you just mentioned.

Side note- it's sad that people can still be labeled and all put into a nice tight little demographic based on their skin color. But, no, liberals aren't racist

How is he appealing to the American people as a whole? He's appealing to 3 demographics, as I see it: angry white men, Clinton haters, and racists/closet racists and neo-nazis. (and the 4th demographic of course: Putin's Russia.) If he is elected, he will not build a wall, he will not deport muslims and he will be Putin's little puppet....

Also there will not be a nuclear war waged by the USA vs Russia or vice-versa. If anything goes nuclear it will be the lone idiot lunatic that got his hands on a bomb.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

5. I want to have faith in my fellow Americans that they would not elect a corrupt career criminal.

^This

In all honesty though with everything that is out there, if people are still gullible enough to vote for her (looking at you people who want freebies no matter how corrupt the giver of the freebies is), then we deserve the country we are going to get. So I have decided not to get too stressed over it. Once you lose hope, what do you have left?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek
None of the trump supporters I know fit into any of those demographics.

They are people who are simply fed up with politicians and tired of they way things are going in this country.

Just people who want to see things change because they're tired of the corruption and being lied to.

None of these people think trump is a great guy, and they don't try and excuse any of the stupid stuff he has done. Nor are they consumed with hatred of any kind.

Not everyone is so focused on their feelings about what to be offended by. None of that matters right now. What matters is will the candidate elected actually do their job as president the way it should be done.

edit on 26-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I didn't say he didn't have "other" supporters. I just said that he's appealing to that demographic. I'm glad you're not consorting with any of the above named in my previous post. But if you look closely, and critically, you will see that I'm not off the mark.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I mean this question seriously. Why does anyone still think Trump has a shot at winning the presidency?[

Because he does.

Why anyone would vote for him - - is beyond my comprehension - - but, his support is still strong.

He has the Fundamental Christian vote for one (not all of course). Why? An interview: "Jesus says to forgive. I forgive Trump. So, I'm still voting for him"

Can't make this stuff up.

There's definitely no time for complacency on Hillary's side.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't know who is going to win.

Personally, I vote because I still can and it's my privilege to be able to as a citizen. I take it seriously. It's my job to vote for what I think will be best long term, and Hillary is backing more of the same stuff that just hasn't been working at all for the past eight years.

So I will vote for something different. Will it work? I don't know, but I cannot in good conscience vote for another 4 years of what I know doesn't and someone who only wants to amplify it. My family my not survive it.

In the end, it may not do any good, but it's not about simply picking whom you think will "win" and voting for that person. It's about voting for what you think the best outcome will be. And that's what I am doing.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
ETA: Nevermind, redundant post.
edit on 26-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
there are brain dead morons aplenty, brainwashed into believing evil hillary, evil gubbermint and evil monkeys will do something evil without trump in charge.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

That's why I keep spreading the word that 88% of Congress is up for reelection, we can vote out most of them in one shot.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why anyone would vote for him - -

Emotional Terrorism.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Emotional Terrorism.

Really? So then I reckon the same could be said for anyone who's voting for Clinton? Emotional, personal finance, and Constitutional Rights terrorism?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Emotional Terrorism.

I think you're right.

Logic certainly isn't the reason.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Protection of borders, rights, and the sanctity of personal earnings are illogical now?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: stinkelbaum

That's why I keep spreading the word that 88% of Congress is up for reelection, we can vote out most of them in one shot.

Watch how many get reelected. Most. Too many people haven't figured that Congress is a major part of the problem.
I remind everyone I talk with about Congress. Deaf ears.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

That sums it up nicely. Hillary has to bus in crowds to her rallies and she has to use a green screen.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, it's the Mob-mentality, Social Persecution, Eternal Damnation, etc.

The reason Republicans win at all is because many of the ideologies are salvageable.

Internal Democratic scrutiny of policy also exists. The same can't be said about Republican's. They're "Never wrong" even when CLEARLY wrong. What's even more confusing is when Republican politicians are Truthful, they're lynched by their own party for this.

The whole "Anti-PC" movement is clear demonstration of this. At what point did being not politically correct apply to Conservatism?

The Founding Fathers were extremely politically correct because of a respect of politics. Example being separation of Church and State. You best believe people have been shut down in arguments of that being politically correct since it's inception. This didn't make them 'Liberals' they were trying to preserve decency.
edit on 26-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join