It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Do People Think Trump Even Has A Shot?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I mean this question seriously. Why does anyone still think Trump has a shot at winning the presidency? I'm not even asking based on what the polls say or Trump's claims of rigging. I'm asking because of how he has run his campaign.

Non-whites make up about 37% of the population. For the most part these people vote Democrat. White females make up about 32% of the population. Once again the people generally vote Democrat. This gives us 69% of the population that are more likely to vote Democrat before the election even gets under way.

Since the start of the election Trump has done very little to cater these demographics. He alienated Hispanics (the largest non-white group at 17% of the population) early on with his views on immigration and certain other statements. The same goes with the Muslim population (a demographic that went 85% Democrat in 2012). Trump lost this demographic early on with his promises of background checks and deportation. Since angering these two demographics he has done little to nothing to try to win them back.

While he hasn't really done anything to anger African Americans he also hasn't really done anything to court them either. While his speech in Detroit may have got him a few votes he did nothing to capitalize. Instead all of his other attempts to court the African American vote have come across as pandering and out of touch.

Then we come to his current problem, the female vote. Even before the election started he was fighting an uphill battle in this regard. He's running against Hillary. That fact alone will almost definitely cost him a sizable chunk of the female vote. For whatever reason he has done almost nothing to gain the female vote. Instead his campaign has been fraught with controversies surrounding women. From his attacks on Megyn Kelly, to the reporter that claimed she was assaulted by Trump's campaign manager, to criticizing the looks of his female critics, to the Trump Tapes and claims of sexual assault.

So we have 69% of the population that generally votes Democrat and Trump has done nothing to court them. And in fact in many cases he has offended them. This is before we even factor in the White male vote. In 2012 38% of white males voted Democrat. This another 11% of the population that trend Democrat. Meaning that Hillary already had 80% of the vote that would more likely vote Democrat before the election even started.

This isn't the end of Trump's campaign problems though. A presidential candidate is usually guaranteed to carry their home state. This isn't the case for Trump. New York will be going to Hillary. A presidential candidate also tends to pick a running mate that can help them in contested states. Instead, Trump chose Mike Pence of Indiana. A red state.

So after looking at all of this, how does anyone think Trump can win? He was behind to start with and has lost more ground than he has gained.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Cuz batsht crazy.
edit on 10/26/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Because he isn't using logic to persuade, as you are. He knows better, how people actually function.

Look into Scott Adams analysis.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Enderdog because: to add suggestion of citation.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Its about Trump's upcoming media network. a nice long commercial to bring him and his ideas into the spotlight.

Pretty clever, no?

Look there were people who thought Sarah Palin could win. there will always be "those types". Trump however has had a campaign of flaming bridges. I suspect because thats what he wanted.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

By this logic how do you explain what happened in 2014?

GOP dominates midterms, takes control of Senate

Of course the polls said this wouldn't happen either... SMH

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

🙈🙉🙊

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Once is enough.
edit on 10262016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Based on their history in government, I think Trump has the edge. Hillary has been dealing with scandals, negligence, lies, etc. Trump has been telling people what they want to hear and speaking out against government negligence. I don't think he would do any better of a job than Hillary, but how could he do worse?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Because

Don't want

Or

..if I had to meme it up for you Millenial softies

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He's not trying to "court" any single demographics. He's appealing to the American people as a whole. Hence, why he has supporters from all of the demographics you just mentioned.

Side note- it's sad that people can still be labeled and all put into a nice tight little demographic based on their skin color. But, no, liberals aren't racist

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak

'Election Rigging'

It's funny that Trump complains that the system is rigged and if that's true, than it means that the GOP just rigged all the ones they've won in the last 15 years to carry over such a huge majority.

(as the dems do, any chance they get I'm sure.)

I'm being hyperbolic here of course but that's where that line of logic would lead you.

And besides the popular vote means nothing anyway. I think he might actually with the popular and lose the Electoral and he'll get it reviewed by SCOTUS on the grounds that he doesn't understand how elections work.

~Tenth
edit on 10/26/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just like predicted 2 months prior the UK Brexit referendum that the UK people would vote out I now predict that Trump will become TRUMPOTUS. Ignore the media. People have had enough of the dynasty promises of change which never ever comes and whilst the US folk keep voting them in it never will!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It´s because they DON`T think!
And don´t want to see the reality. That HRC is the chosen one, chosen by the individuals behind the curtain. To be their puppet. Trump was just that idiot that had to be a bit more ineligible than HRC, so the people will choose the "lesser" evil. Even if he would make it, it´s the same individials behind the curtains that control him.

Rich and only because of that powerfull individuals(i can´t call them people) that don´t care for anything else than themselfes and their profits. Even if they destroy the earth they live on...

edit on 26 10 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Steak

'Election Rigging'

It's funny that Trump complains that the system is rigged and if that's true, than it means that the GOP just rigged all the ones they've won in the last 15 years to carry over such a huge majority.

I'm being hyperbolic here of course but that's where that line of logic would lead you.

And besides the popular vote means nothing anyway. I think he might actually with the popular and lose the Electoral and he'll get it reviewed by SCOTUS on the grounds that he doesn't understand how elections work.

~Tenth

I'm not even wasting my time with that.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why does anyone still think Trump has a shot at winning the presidency?
Because the more people see behind the curtain the more the alternative (Hillary) looks like a worse choice .

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Steak

So you don't believe that the GOP rig elections as much as the Democrats do?

Have you ever heard of gerrymandering?

None of what I said is false - and if you think it isn't, then go ahead and prove me otherwise.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, I'm not totally sure he will, however there are several reasons to believe it is possible.

1. Most Hillary supporters have no enthusiasm for her, it is quite possible turnout for her will be low.

2. Trump supporters are highly motivated, just look at the thousands willing to stand in line for hours to get into his rallies.

3. The media is rigged against trump, and many of the polls blatantly oversample democrats giving the clear impression they are meant to shape reality rather than actually report on it.

4. 70 plus percent of the population is not happy with the direction of the country, voting for hillary is voting for more of the same.

5. I want to have faith in my fellow Americans that they would not elect a corrupt career criminal.
edit on 26-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Obama won the last election by around 5 million votes or about 3 percent of the vote..
That averages about 100k votes per state.
Yes I know that's just an average.

That was with about 55 percent voter turnout.

Not exactly a landslide.

This election might be closer.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Bluntone22 because: oops

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The real question is why do people still think that Hillary is not a criminal?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Well, I'm not totally sure he will, however there are several reasons to believe it is possible.

1. Most Hillary supporters have no enthusiasm for her, it is quite possible turnout for her will be low.

2. Trump supporters are highly motivated, just look at the thousands willing to stand in line for hours to get into his rallies.

3. The media is rigged against trump, and many of the polls blatantly oversample democrats giving the clear impression they are meant to shape reality rather than actually report on it.

4. 70 plus percent of the population is not happy with the direction of the country, voting for hillary is voting for more of the same.

5. I want to have faith in my fellow Americans that they would not elect a corrupt career criminal.
That's about it in a nutshell! You want more promises of change (remember Obama no drama and his change change wont be strange theme but was) then vote for Hilary Criminal (as opposed to Clinton) or take a risk with Trumps no Gump and you might get some change (good or bad, at least it will be change) and no WWIII. But with HC its possible!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join