It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trooper's widow urges voters to reject legalizing marijuana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

people who self medicate with drugs that can have all kinds of reactions depending on the person and their health, heart disease, diabetes etc. they die. They should have this medicine under a Doctor's care. it would probably actually cost less then it will eventually the way the competitive business will be going.

I don't know if you noticed this or not but the drugs that the doctor's are handing out come with some pretty big and nasty side effects also. and well, for one to be under the doctor's care, one has to be able to afford the doctor's bills... some people can't.

It is both, having had a Brother die of Heroin use I can say he committed crimes to feed his habit as the pot smokers I have know did when they "needed' their drug.

but many of those herion addicts were hooked on prescription opiates before they became heroin addicts and just where do you live at because, well, there are many, many people smoking pot that are doing quite well for themselves who don't need to steal anything from anyone.

but, well, you have women, there's one that participates on these boards even that found pot helped some with some of her conditions but stopped when she because pregnant, because well, she could have been tested and lose her kids, but the healthcare system would have had no problem with prescribing her drugs that carried an even greater risk to the unborn child she carried.... she just suffered through her problems till after the baby was born.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yes, do just that and more. Take a look at Portugal. In 2001 the decriminalized all drugs. Portugal has not suck into a drug addled country, quite the contrary. Now I know you are going to say I am full of poopy so here is a link for you. By the way AIDS cases in the country of Portugal have steadily declined since the decriminalization of drugs.

www.google.com...
edit on 26-10-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
I don't believe it myself.

So this company donated $500,000+ dollars to fight legalization just to fool us?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

They start by raiding their parents purse and wallets.

They do that for concert tickets too!

Funny that you think that is an answer, just because there is other crime. Why do you think pot growers have guns?

I am done with this thread, I feel das for those who need drugs unless very ill, it should be reserved for need such as extreme pain IMO. They rest are just wasting their lives and won't even realize it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am done with this thread

Cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Funny that you think that is an answer, just because there is other crime. Why do you think pot growers have guns?

Because.....prohibition.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Why not legalise heroin too? After all "it's just a plant", just like cannabis is "just a plant".

Or opium? (Same plant as heroin)

Plants can't be dangerous.

/sarcasm

Legalizing Heroin and all other dangerous drugs is a step in the right direction. Heroin is safer for your body than Tylenol, it's the lifestyle of illegality that surrounds it that makes it a "dangerous" drug.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

So how has the "war on drugs" made the country worse?

You don't see a connection between the populace of a country and the government itself?..

Holy # folks, I've found Hillary Clinton's ATS handle!!
edit on 26-10-2016 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

OK, cool.

Were not talking ingredients we are talking about the process when its time to harvest.

Herb includes many "unknowns" because of the nurturing process that SOME growers tend to use, many combinations of various nutrients which some may include toxins. But, that process is unnecessary and only added to make a more potent end product.

But, I prefer the new than the "old pot" for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I might care what she has to say when she makes the same emotional plea against the legality of alcohol.

If a drunk driver had killed her Husband she would have....have a heart people!

I understand her stance because she is emotional about the situation, but, if she truly had a heart she would realize that there are millions of ppl who have medically benefited from its use and it has saved more lives than it has killed. (supposedly killed lets not forget the driver claims he wasn't high when it happened).

www.pbs.org...
www.msnbc.com...

edit on 26-10-2016 by Zeta Reticuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Why not legalise heroin too? After all "it's just a plant", just like cannabis is "just a plant".

Or opium? (Same plant as heroin)

Plants can't be dangerous.

/sarcasm

Good question, why not legalize them both? Doing so would likely save a lot of lives, and a lot of money, and reduce crime a great deal. How much fentanyl do you supposed FDA-approved heroin would be laced with?

Doing so would not legalize driving under the influence of heroin or opium. It would also not legalize stealing to get money to support one's now less-expensive habit (which would likely happen less as the costs of the black market were eliminated.)

Besides all that, I don't understand how people can be against legalization of marijuana with comparisons to "harder" drugs as justification. UNLESS - that same person is also against drugs such as nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol, to the point they believe American Citizens should not have the legal right to consume those either.

Otherwise, I just have to assume yourself and anyone with a similar viewpoint just feels that the "line in the sand" (to make decisions for others as to what is permissible and what is not) is yours to draw.

Should we just decide once and for all that "FREEDOM" means "Everything which anyone has a negative opinion of should be illegal." Evils such as alcohol, caffeine, dancing, music, video games, working on Saturdays/Sundays, eating fast food, drinking "sugary beverages", swearing, pre-marital sex and others should all be banned, because even though they don't cause harm to anyone else, some people don't like them?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream

Heroine isn't a plant...

It was meant to be spelt heroin. Spellcheck failed lol.

BTW, it's made from poppies, so it is a plant extract. Therefore, made from plants.

Poppies aren't illegal.

Derp.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You're kidding right?

Nope. Completely serious.

How has making cannabis illegal made your country worse?

It might make it worse for the people getting arrested, but certainly not as a country.

Wasting my #%#* tax money, flying a God #%# helicopter spending thousands in my god #$%*$ tax dollars to rip out a stupid #$*$ plant on growing in the ditch on the side of a road. How #$*# stupid are people? Billions of dollars to fight a #$*%#$( plant that is more of a weed than dandelions.

Guess what, TRILLIONS of DOLLARS in DEBT, worthless pieces of #$*%#.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

Would you say Mexican cartels make the US worse? Do a little thinking before firing back with an automatic no if you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

Nope. Completely serious.

It might make it worse for the people getting arrested, but certainly not as a country.

maybe you didnt see the dad of 3 whos cannabis use for pain got him arrested and put in jail for 30 years

or the elderly woman arrested for it? Or the guy just looking for something who gets robbed and shot because he couldnt buy it legaly..

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So area reply to: TerryDon79

So are 90% of all drugs. Unfortunately there is an unbelievable amount ignornce plus influenced by the misinformation for profit machine out there. Let's real, it is easier for high school kids to get pot than booze. Many thinking people don't get it. Remember, said thinking people. No brainer, dunno? You do know vitamins don't work right?

Denny

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I feel sadness for the trooper and his family who lost him.

However, this is not a case of marijuana being the cause of the troopers death. It was caused by the actions of the person who killed him.

This person would have made the same poor choices with alcohol, marijuana, or any other substance.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NuncaPiensas

I feel sadness for the trooper and his family who lost him.

However, this is not a case of marijuana being the cause of the troopers death. It was caused by the actions of the person who killed him.

This person would have made the same poor choices with alcohol, marijuana, or any other substance.

Good post, kinda hit the nail on the head. Guns don't kill, people do. For sure pot did it. Does it every time and always has.

Denny

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Welp, chalk another one up to the devil's lettuce. It's pretty obvious this deranged drug addict ran this officer over on purpose. Smoking pot can make people furious towards authority figures, and yes it's likely to end violently when they're in such an altered state of mind.

Might as well give kids medical methamphetamine.. Oh wait, they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join