It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper's widow urges voters to reject legalizing marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: trollz
I might care what she has to say when she makes the same emotional plea against the legality of alcohol.

If a drunk driver had killed her Husband she would have....have a heart people!

I'll have a heart when they give that lady her son back, after they took him away for using cannabis oil to treat her crones disease.

theantimedia.org...

Let's not forget the poor children who have multiple seizures a day who can benefit from cbd but can't get it because of idiotic laws.

Aggravated.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Big Pharma wants to keep pot illegal.

I don't smoke. I never have.

But I'd like to see it legalized.

I'm tired of the "Masters of Men" (to quote Noam Chomsky) making all our laws simply to protect their own interests.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I might care what she has to say when she makes the same emotional plea against the legality of alcohol.

If a drunk driver had killed her Husband she would have....have a heart people!

I'll have a heart when they give that lady her son back, after they took him away for using cannabis oil to treat her crones disease.

theantimedia.org...

There is a main issue, it should have been always available through your Dr for medical care and regulated like all drugs.
I can't see what this has to do with the Woman having her Husband killed by an impaired driver.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Char-Lee

I ignore these reports because its just shy of lying.

"Recetly used" means "some time in the last few weeks". They have no way to test people for use of cannibinoids in the prior few hours, so there is no way to determine if people are intoxicated.

If folks want to report data on MJ DUI's, then the onus is on them to create a testing methodology that can actually report on that.

To be honest, its like a "no shiz" type of deal. You smoke, you test positive for a couple of weeks. So if its legal, you'd asolutely have more people test positive for it.

check this out:
www.theatlantic.com...

houndlabs.com...

The technology for "high right now" is either here, or very close. I think this is the key factor in legalization. It could be used on the job and on the road.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I can't see what this has to do with the Woman having her Husband killed by an impaired driver.

We don't know that's what caused the accident. But, even if it was, that's like asking to make guns illegal because of criminal gunmen, or, to make alcohol illegal, because of drunk drivers, or, over the counter cold medicine......Don't you see?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Big Pharma wants to keep pot illegal.

I don't smoke. I never have.

But I'd like to see it legalized.

I'm tired of the "Masters of Men" (to quote Noam Chomsky) making all our laws simply to protect their own interests.

Doubt it pot causes to many problems they will be treating more of in the future. it can cause a slew of problems from heart to liver. Addicted people use despite the bad health, mental and social effects.
www.webmd.com...

Regular users are more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia, especially when they have a family history of the condition.

Marijuana smoke is also filled with many of the same chemicals as tobacco smoke, including ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and formaldehyde. Some of these chemicals are known to cause cancer. Most users smoke pot in a joint or water pipe, so they breathe the smoke straight into their lungs.

But people who smoke pot do show signs of damage and precancerous changes in their lungs, especially if they also smoke cigarettes. And a study published in 2013 in Cancer Causes & Control found that heavy marijuana smoking might raise the risk of lung cancer.

Pot smoking leads to other lung effects, too. "We know that patients see their doctor with more symptoms, including cough and wheezing, when they're marijuana smokers," Tetrault says.

Brain imaging scans of heavy marijuana smokers have revealed changes in blood flow to parts of the brain involved in memory and attention. Researchers have also noted differences in the size and shape of the thalamus, the part of the brain that's involved in consciousness and information processing.

www.mayoclinic.org...

I originally wrote about this topic for my Bp Magazine blog over three years ago where I called this marijuana the New PSYCHOTIC POT. The responses were off the charts in terms of the DON’T TOUCH MY RIGHT TO SMOKE POT! comments I received. Years later, the research is out. The pot on the market today has little to do with the pot from even ten years ago. The pot today is ridiculously strong due to THC levels that are over ten times higher than found in more cannabinoid intense (the relaxing component of marijuana) and traditional ‘mellow out’ pot.

This high THC marijuana can cause psychotic symptoms that mimic full blown psychotic bipolar disorder episodes after just one hit of the pipe. Please, if you are someone who doesn’t think this is possible, please keep reading as I share my story about my personal experiences with THC induced psychosis. I am also seeing personality disorder type symptoms from this high THC pot and will certainly write about it in future blogs.

bipolarhappens.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Of course it isn't perfect, if anyone says it is they are being disengenous.

It isn't about that tho, of course you can find negative health effects from it but there is also positives. More so CBD than THC but you can't have either if we keep this prohibition.

Addiction needs to be a social issue not a criminal one.

Oh and personal stories shouldn't be being used, I am sorry that person had a bad experience, that doesn't speak for everyone.
edit on thWed, 26 Oct 2016 14:05:47 -0500America/Chicago1020164780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

We don't know that's what caused the accident. But, even if it was, that's like asking to make guns illegal because of criminal gunmen, or, to make alcohol illegal, because of drunk drivers, or, over the counter cold medicine......Don't you see?

You are naming things that are legal, she is asking that something dangerous not be made legal, not the same. Clearly her concern is that more people will die and I am sure this is true since the THC keeps increasing as people compete in the business of selling their drug openly it will become quite something else.

More and more of this

DENVER — When Colorado legalized marijuana two years ago, nobody was quite ready for the problem of exploding houses.

“This is uncharted territory,” said State Representative Mike Foote, a Democrat from northern Colorado who is grappling with how to address hash-oil explosions. “These things come up for the first time, and no one’s dealt with them before.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Doubt it ...

Insys Theraputics Inc., a pharmaceutical company known for its powerful opioid drug, recently donated big money to an Arizona anti-legalization campaign. Arizonan voters will choose whether or not to legalize cannabis this November.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Doubt it ...

Insys Theraputics Inc., a pharmaceutical company known for its powerful opioid drug, recently donated big money to an Arizona anti-legalization campaign. Arizonan voters will choose whether or not to legalize cannabis this November.

So far it looks like prop 205 is favored by most az voters.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Addicted people use despite the bad health, mental and social effects.

Marijuana is NOT addictive. People with addictive personalities can become addicted to anything, even their own adrenaline!

This high THC marijuana can cause psychotic symptoms that mimic full blown psychotic bipolar disorder episodes after just one hit of the pipe. Please, if you are someone who doesn’t think this is possible, please keep reading as I share my story about my personal experiences with THC induced psychosis. I am also seeing personality disorder type symptoms from this high THC pot and will certainly write about it in future blogs.

Oh please!

edit on 26-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Of course it isn't perfect, if anyone says it is they are being disengenous.

Glad to see you are honest.

It isn't about that tho, of course you can find negative health effects from it but there is also positives.

people who self medicate with drugs that can have all kinds of reactions depending on the person and their health, heart disease, diabetes etc. they die. They should have this medicine under a Doctor's care. it would probably actually cost less then it will eventually the way the competitive business will be going.

Addiction needs to be a social issue not a criminal one.

It is both, having had a Brother die of Heroin use I can say he committed crimes to feed his habit as the pot smokers I have know did when they "needed' their drug.

Oh and personal stories shouldn't be being used, I am sorry that person had a bad experience, that doesn't speak for everyone.

I most heartily disagree our stories make up the big picture. This person in fact discovered that what happened to her she was seeing in others with her same problem. Now she is trying to help.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You are naming things that are legal, she is asking that something dangerous not be made legal, not the same.

Lots of things are dangerous. Skiing is dangerous and insurance companies have to pay out for skiing accidents! We don't make things illegal because they could be dangerous. We make things illegal because they harm society and keeping marijuana, a natural plant, illegal harms society more than it helps it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You are lying, people don't commit crimes to score weed.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Marijuana is NOT addictive. People with addictive personalities can become addicted to anything, even their own adrenaline!

I need nothing beyond experience of users to know this is nonsense. It is addictive in a way different yes but would bet what it does in the brain is the key. People who have quit and it being difficult say it is addictive and they see a whole world they were unaware of after stopping.
My son in-law says he can't remember his childhood because of the drug and after he quit he went from "let's kickback" to a hard working go getter, successful business owner. I have seen this many times, including my own husband who quit before i knew him, he also remembers little of his childhood and teen years because of the drug.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You are lying, people don't commit crimes to score weed.

What planet do you live on? They start by raiding their parents purse and wallets.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My sister never did any drugs and she can't remember her childhood either.

link   

Doubt it ...

They have money lobbyists and clout so why is it legalized in 29 states already. They would like you to think they are against in no doubt. I don't believe it myself.

link   

My sister never did any drugs and she can't remember her childhood either.

How sad.

link   

They start by raiding their parents purse and wallets.

They do that for concert tickets too!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join