It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper's widow urges voters to reject legalizing marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Why don't you use the same logic for other illegal things?
Murder
Rape
Theft

Who is the victim, that the government needs to protect, in the case of someone ingesting a safe and natural plant?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How is it an unjust law?

If you can convince me that the issue of cannabis being illegal is wrong, I'll quite happily leave the thread with an apology.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: windword

By not doing something that has been made illegal. Regardless if you disagree with something being illegal, doesn't mean you should do it anyway.

Or, a ruling class can take something that a large percentage of a targeted population is harmlessly participating in, and make it illegal, conveniently creating criminals and a criminal population out of thin air!

Why don't you use the same logic for other illegal things?

Murder
Rape
Theft

For example?

Is it because they're illegal?

In a word: victim. WHen someone is murdered, raped, or stolen from....there is an obvious victim. Thus it is a crime.

When someone sparks a doob on their couch while playing Call of Duty....who is the victim?

That is what makes a law unjust: the lack of a victim.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Bigfatfurrytexan explained it better than I ever could..go to the top of page 2 and read
And the cost in financial terms..over a trillion..that cost you, your parent's, your kids.
I guess it's good business
edit on 26-10-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but that's rediculous.

You're talking about morality, not laws.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Can you tell us why it is illegal?, an actual reason.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How is it an unjust law?

If you can convince me that the issue of cannabis being illegal is wrong, I'll quite happily leave the thread with an apology.

You have moved the goal posts here. "Wrong" isn't what we started discussing. We were discussing whether or not it made our country better. I have listed several ways that it has made our nation a complete crap hole.

I think its your turn to answer the original question: has it made our country better to have pot illegal?
edit on 10/26/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Lack of a victim?!

How about the dope heads that use their kids food money for their next spliff?

How about the guy who robs a granny to get his next one?

This victimless thing isn't always true.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You made the argument of it being "unjust", not me. I was simply replying.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but that's rediculous.

You're talking about morality, not laws.

its anything but ridiculous. Its the facts.

You are talking about morality. That is all the pot laws are: morality laws. Same as prostitution, or not buying booze before 1pm on Sunday. Arbitrary, stupid morality laws.

Natural law, on the other hand, is the very basis of our nation. Natural law is where your "inalienable rights" derive from. You know, those "self evident truths"?

Murder was illegal before the US was founded. The colonists believed murder to be illegal when they hanged John Billington for murder in 1630.

Natural law is where murder, rape, and theft are made illegal. Those "self evident truths" that we were told about.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Guy who rob's his granny..lol, you do realise prohibition creates a lucrative black market..turning something free or worth about 50 cents into 10$ right?
edit on 26-10-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Not too mention all the products that could be utilized using hemp that are denied.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Lack of a victim?!

How about the dope heads that use their kids food money for their next spliff?

Rather than making up hyperbole, lets talk specifics. Any specific cases that aren't conjured out of imagination for the sake of this discussion?

None the less, not attending to your children is already an issue that is addressed. And I'd say its made worse by dad being put in prison, leaving mom to support those children. This is really laughable.

Are you telling me robbing granny isn't illegal in and of itself? If there were no drugs, no grannys would ever be robbed again? What are you saying here?

This victimless thing isn't always true.

Until you can provide me an example to the contrary, yes. Its always true.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am a granny.

And I'd kick his butt if he tried to steal my medical MJ.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
lol

just lols

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well, I'll just give up now. I can see I'm in a very one sided argument.

No point in me trying.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

they have legalized opium.... doctors get patients hooked on it all the time, and when these patients can't afford their pills anymore they turn to herion... and well, often end up dead.

gonna tell ya something...
my husband smoked pot when he was alive, and yes, I smoked with him. after he died, I didn't smoke it any more...
I don't sleep as well as I used to, I wake up more often with my feet cramping, and I really don't dream anymore and I wake up feeling just as tired as when I went to bed. I'm a disabled widow who still can't afford the doctor's bills...
so, considering that I can't access the healthcare in this country, why shouldn't I be able to self medicate myself with whatever I feel helps?

obviously they don't really think that opium use is that big of a problem, considering that they let the doctors hand it out like candy, and then let those people drive around. but, then the healthcare system is getting a cut in those profits aren't they? but, pot, even if it does have some medical benefits, well, they can't have that since it's a weed easily grown and processed and therefore, can't be used to feel the healthcare monster!
and then there is the fact that most of our medicines do come in plant form, and within those plants are also components that will offset many of the bad side effects of the drugs their produce from those plants... but, well, those components are taken out in processing. so, well, you end up having to go to the doctor for the side effects, and another drug is given out to counteract those.... ya know when it comes to osteoporisis (however you spell it), well, the drug they give for the side effects causes bone deterioration. ya, great plan, you can life your life taking pills that just counteract each other and helps nothing, except now you have two conditions making you miserable instead of one!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sorry, it's because your argument is tired, outdated/old. Look at the info ColdWisdom posted and at least give it thought.
Also look at how Nixon interfered and made MJ sched 1..same as the real hard stuff, why..because he didn't like hippy's

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Better to just make driver while stonned illegal......

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
So she wants to avoid legalizing because.... what?

I'm sorry, driving under the influence is still a crime. Only difference is the perp was committing two crimes at once, one of which is harmless (and hopefully soon legal) while the other is already a huge deal in this country with alcohol.

Shameful.

Fatal road crashes involving marijuana double after state legalizes drug
Foundation research also shows that legal limits for marijuana and driving are meaningless
Date:
May 10, 2016
Source:
AAA
Summary:
Fatal crashes involving drivers who recently used marijuana doubled in Washington after the state legalized the drug, according to the latest research. New research also shows that legal limits for marijuana and driving are arbitrary and unsupported by science, which could result in unsafe motorists going free and others being wrongfully convicted for impaired driving.

www.sciencedaily.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join