It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Michelle O's Invites Rappers to W- House, who rap's rape, drug use, rasism; But shut-up Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Who and when?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Just because they are from Chicago and "products" of that environment, does that negate the fact that they know (or SHOULD know) right from wrong, proper from improper? It seems that inviting that type of guest to sully, so to speak, the Whitehouse and the morality it is supposed to stand for, is rather like taking their masks off at the end of the party to reveal their true faces, true nature. For Mrs. O to publicly denounce Trump for locker room trash talk in the face of what those so-called "artists" are peddling to our youth nationwide, she has incriminated herself in a pathetic, two faced act that actually condones it at the same time! Trump can't say something unthinkingly stupid to be repeated and hopefully be used against him, but yeah! Let's all listen to MAJOR, commercially produced garbage day in, day out over the airwaves, for sale EVERYWHERE and not condemn one word of it!! Sure. Makes sense to me! Please! Round up the 🐑🐏"baaah"...clean out their ears and open their eyes!

I don't support either of the pitiful excuses coughed up and on tap to lead our nation, but I will definitely vote for one just to keep the other out. An embarrassment in itself....

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Facepalm/ Johnny Cash. Figured anyone would recognize that lyric.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

With the leader of the western world held captive, Cash launched into “What Is Truth?” a song that championed the idea of youth and freedom, with a pointedly anti-war second verse. Nixon sat listening with a frozen smile.

Yep, Cash visited the blue room to the white house and Nixon wanted him to sing a few. So cash sang anti war songs and anti establishment songs. Not a friendly interaction. Should have Cash been there probably not.

mentalfloss.com...

edit on 26-10-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Your attempt of throwing Common under the bus is really showing your lack of understanding here.
Common is one of the most up-lifting rappers out there...you should look up "retrospect for life" or..just his music in general, then come back. Please deny ignorance...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Common is one of the most up-lifting rappers out there...you should look up "retrospect for life" or..just his music in general, then come back. Please deny ignorance...

Here is an inspirational and uplifting part of his glorious hit Tricks up my sleeve.

No I ain't a murderer I'm Jake the Rake, yo sorry if I'm hurtin the vaginal area, fallopian tubes and your cervix I strongly recommend that for your gen' you get some Jergens I find it beneficial; not to force the issue I just blow my # and wipe you see a head it's like tissue Use em and throw em away, see a hoe a day is essential If you want a piece of the rock, trick, go to Prudential cause I rock a buyer babe on the treetop

Up next a part from the inspirational hit soul by the pound

For a record sale a nigg#ll sell his soul to go gold and reach a large scale, sellin for the pale male and I can't tell, why for a hoe you grow a tail and stop drinkin ale, the booty probably smell Ain't no p@ssy worth a sale at least not for the kid to do a bid Sh@t you musta flipped you lid, you was wit you slipped you slid Got doodoo skids on my paper cause I got rhymes up the ass If I pass gas, ducks fast or gets trimmed like a mustache I must ask what's goin on with rap, white kids actin black It's like McDonald's sellin fatback

And to round out our fun I present a few sentences from the inspirational hit Heidi hoe

Whatup B@TCH? I'm Petey Wheatstraw And you don't stop, with the heidi heidi hoe Hi hoe, or bye hoe, if you're lookin for a sucker (What are you?) I'm just another motherf@cker Pucker your lips, do flips like Mary Lou Just because I f@cked you doesn't mean that I'ma marry you Bury you, I will do, after, I bill you Kill you, hoe, cause your sh@t smells like mildew Pe-ew, think you need some soap and a rag Or better yet Black, Flag, you scallywag Tag, I didn't mean to diss dis... hoe butt But you need to stay such, do not touch Much disrespect goes out to you

Gosh there seems to be some racial overtones, some domestic violence, and of course racial slurs. All very inspirational and uplifting. But not the worst I've seen.

www.ohhla.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
impeach 'bama now - clean up our WH.
kick those nasty obamas out of the people's house.

a reply to: seasonal

edit on 26-10-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Bill O. Reilly is that you???

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Bill O. Reilly is that you???

Don't know what you mean.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Holy Cow...makes "hey Baby" seem almost "Romantic" ! Those lyrics were disturbing, maybe that's the point...IDK.

You know I just recently learned who Michel'le was, Dr. Dre's girl...not sure how I missed that because I LOVE old school black chick music, from Aretha to En Vogue....anyways, I guess she was a big part of the whole "Out of Compton" story...yet she was not mentioned at all in the movie that was a big source of controversy in the black community when it was not nominated for an Oscar .

In the documentary followed by a made for TV movie, she compares herself and Dr. Dre to the Jay Z and Beyonce of the 80's...she was really talented and she was also physically and mentally abused by Dr. Dre and
Sug Night....anyways I think "star struct" politicians that condone bad behavior is yet another reason to take money out of politics...and as far as I can discern, with limited understanding of the rap scene, I don't wanna see our decision makers rubbing elbows with people promoting such dark messages......Can you imagine Bernie Sanders or Ron Paul, honorable public servants, hanging with Jay Z or Ted Nugent in any kind of serious way?
edit on 26-10-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Bill O Reilly went to war against NaS , reciting his worst lyrics live on TV. Out of context and convincing the Fox sheep that that was all NaS was about. That eventually led to NaS releasing the song Sly Fox in which he took a few jabs at Fox (who were unwatchable during the Bush era) The thing is, none of these guys are saints so digging up foul words by them in songs is pretty easy BUT for guys like NaS and Common, these songs are in a strong minority and things they've both done for their community AND the concept of most of their songs should be applauded.

Regarding that Common song though..he was wilder when he was younger but he has grown up since then. I agree that's a bad song but if we're going to leave the bad in here why not bring the positive up too? How many rappers you knew off back in 1997 who made a song as deep as Retrospect for life?

genius.com...

Even Jay-Z has his good day too...but I really don't prefer his style of music. I´ll give you that former police officer Rick Ross though..he shouldn't be near anything anytime.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Again, if the O's want to listen to any style of music I'm ok with it. Common sense should tell them that this doesn't look good, but common scene is very uncommon. I listen to music I do my best to no let my kids hear. And the artists that preform this music shouldn't be in the W House.

Being "star struck" and being the POTUS seems juvenile and small. Pres O has access to the most powerful military the world has ever seen, yet he can hum along with tons of teens to the latest Common disparaging, degrading raps about ho#s and b@itches. Great, HUH, remember Obama has 24/7 access to snap count a very serious military arsenal for someone who is "star struck" (please be serious).

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That's one perspective.

The thing your skipping is the songs I quoted were from one album that I randomly picked and the songs were random as well.

I am glad that he is helping the community, this community is the very one he and rap artist like him may very well may have hurt with the stuff they rap about.Kids really look up to the rappers and emulate there actions. I didn't find Common's raps very positive. But I only spent 5 mins reading through his immense talent I'm sure it's better if I listen to him spit it.
edit on 26-10-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ahh my bad, I thought it was all the same song. BUT in his defense these are all from his debut which was lacking in a lot of ways. For instance, in subject matter as you've pointed out. (and that's probably why it's my least favorite of his, which is usually the opposite with music artists who unleash their best work on their debut)
But that still doesn't take away the fact that he went on and released several albums after that one which have gotten critical acclaim for being mature albums which tackle all types of topics that most artists don't dare touching. "one day it´ll all make sense" and "like water for chocolate" from 97 and 2000 for example.
I really doubt kids nowadays look up to him though, which is unfortunate but he's one of the OLD rappers to them....they have their own idols in these little waynes and drakes out there...they're a whole another book lol. If you want to say anything negative about them I'm with you all the way! Lets hope they never ever get to enter the WH.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I decided to forgo the kids and KEEP on listening to metal..HAIRBANDS whatever it is called, it FAR surpasses all the modern music and it's performers by far.
When lady Gaga went out and actually BELTED out that national anthem ...she passes as a singer.
As do many who DON'T rely on electronics primarily or write their own work.
THEY have talent.
BUT they DON'T at all ROCK hard so ...no.
If elected of course it would be all classical music in the capital...however I WOULD actually have to WANT the office instead of being poor...NOPE I'm poor.
edit on 26-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

From the much better "critically aclaimed" album like water for chocolate.

I present to you the song "heat", a delightful fun sensitive song the whole family can enjoy.

(Oooh, you say you got guns, then bring that sh@t) what? (You say you got ones, then bring that sh@t Cause you need a lot more ones and guns for this) what? (to get my man see we bout to spit some) HOT SH@T Yeah, one two.. Bout to spit that, HOT SH@T Huh.. whoo! Yeah.. Turn it down n@gga, HOT SH@T Yeah.. (oooh) Messenger in the Metropolis; apocalypse here and now N@ggas know the ledge, so they don't come near the style I appear in clouds on some heaven to earth # Fake n@ggas drown the deeper the verse gets

Now a little ditty called dooinit

Mo'f@cker move back, I pursue rap at the pace of a New Jack Miscellaneous numbers and shoes stack grooves Rap I deliver for the hungry and underprivileged Something different from these hollering and grunting n@ggas This is business strictly, step to my business is risky 'Specially when you as b@tch as Missy Back to back LP's that sound the same, I surround the game With a four-pounded brainstorm To make n@ggas dance in the rain, scared to take a chance in the game Used to breakdance, it's a shame What money do to a nigga brain If he lose his soul what did a n@gga gain?

I got to tell ya, it seems kinda the same, racial slurs, guns, killin. I don't think I will hear this "critically acclaimed" album at the Dr. office anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Johnny Cash is an American Icon. #head will never make that level.

Were you seriously trying to equate the two?

"my uzi weighs a ton son, carry it"

Guess who that is.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It means she is hypocritical! bad mouths trump because of things he says about women, but then invites rappers who sing songs about raping women, women being hoes and bitches and goldiggers, etc etc etc etc...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

exactly

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: underwerks

Johnny Cash is an American Icon. #head will never make that level.

Were you seriously trying to equate the two?

"my uzi weighs a ton son, carry it"

Guess who that is.

Both are artists, both made controversial music, both were invited to the white house. Whether you like their style or not is beside the point. Grace Slick planned to slip Nixon '___' when she was invited to the white house.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join