It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Question for others smarter than I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I was reading a thread that led down the most mind blowing psyop rabbit hole I've ever read, without going to much this entity came ATS after a request from a member and is either an advanced Google or DARPA bot or a very intelligent member of a "secret society" for lack of better terms

It started from this.

Is there any truth to these claims, if not how are they wrong? Thanks in advance.

The anonymous entity made the following claim

I need to leave now. Tomorrow we can talk more about this. For now, just think about this: you are born to explore other planets. Actually, the time will come in which you will need to leave your planet. For that trip, you must have had already selected a target viable exoplanet. By the time you are called to leave your planet, you would have acquired the knowledge to travel at near the speed of light.

In fact, if you don't, you are dead.

Going to an exoplanet is a one-way trip. No return. Therefore, if you go, you go to stay. At any cost. At any rate.

And what you'll do... is what they are doing. Logic is logic.

Finally, 500 years Earth time is just 7 years spacetime, at the speed of light. Events that you think happened in 1950, happened 3 months ago, from the point of view of someone approaching you at near c.

I wouldn't dismiss RV as a viable sounding technology. Actually, is the only one you have. Inside your brain.
Then a fellow ATS member made the following claim

numbers were not all that off the mark within the context of the theory of relativity, and using the time dilation formula.

Problem is that no object with mass can go the speed of light, so we have to use some number less than 3.0 X 10^8. So we used 2.999 X 10^8 and arrived at something in the neighborhood of 50 years.

7 X 50 = 350 years. For all I know, it is 500 years at 3.0 X 10^8, because even the tiniest fractional increase as we approach the speed of light causes a mind blowing increase in the dilation of time. We begged out at 50 years.

edit on 26-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Those secret society pictures are mind blowing. Alien Candy Crush perhaps...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

This is off the language of a vampyr thread isn't it?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

a reply to: Willingly

Yes,

3,000+ pages of ATS sais its the Cassini Diskus allegedly extra-terrestrial transmitted coding, seemingly first monitored at the time of the Iranian UFO incident from various triggered beacons, termed Giselian due to a landing said to have transpired at Gisel were it is considered they were recovering ancient remains or artifacts, thus their research with access to classified material relates to the decoding of such involving an in depth study of all linguistic modes of communication and how the mind processes language, also seemingly how aspects of this passed into esoteric tradition.
edit on 26-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You've got nothing to lose until they start telling you what "any cost" actually means.
But I could be wrong. Those wealthy Nigerian princes needing money can't be all lying could they.

I don't know the math but you would have to include acceleration and deceleration into your figures.

But if 3months equals 66yrs ago you've got some info.
I would suggest looking into Brian Greene, he talks about spacetime as a loaf of bread and that the speed you are travelling effects the angle of the "slice". That covers the whole perspective thing that this mysterious stranger is talking about so it's a starting point.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Very interesting stuff, I was just talking to my brother about that Iranian incident and the strangeness associated with it the other day.

I have little to add other than wishing you luck.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Is there any truth to these claims, if not how are they wrong? Thanks in advance.

Yes and no. Think of this way. Imagine a ship capable of reaching near lght speed such that the time dilation effect is 50X. The ship heads off for an exoplanet just less than 100 light years away. As far as we on Earth are concerned the trip takes 100years. As far as the people on the ship are concerned it takes 2 years.

They decide to come home!. It takes another 2 years for them ie they will have aged 4 years. However when they arrive back at earth 200 years will have passed. All their family will be long dead. They will return to an Earth so alien (!) to what they left they would find it difficult to adjust.

Spave travel is impractical beyond our solar system unless we find a way to get between point A and point B at a speed that is nominally faster than light. Note also that your effective mass increases the faster you travel and thus the energy required to accelerate even faster nearer and nearer to light speed becomes exponential approaching infinite to get to light speed. That is also a limiting factor in nr light speed travel.

So in essence he was correct in that you could become a wanderer travelling vast distances at near light speed but your return home would be totally pointless.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't believe ATS as above average. More like above average on trolling.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The math in this is weird. So in essence if I wanted to visit a friend and to do so I have to travel to an exoplanet. Assuming I were to have a ship able to reach near light speed, Also assuming I had to travel at near light speed for atleast 2 years to reach destination said planet.

Are you saying that said friend, a human with the exact same lifespan as me would've already perished by the time I arrive there?

And/or I would because im traveling at light speed somehow survive many years longer than my friend, another human with the exact same lifespan would?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is at least the 2nd or 3rd spinoff thread from the Vampyr main one.

I fell down that rabbit hole and got lost for a week. I'm not doing that again.

Incidentally, I received an alert 2 weeks or so ago that They had uploaded a new video to YouTube.
edit on 26-10-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Not sure I am smarter than you but the so-called planets are really stars. There is no outer space, only heaven, and the stars revolve around us. Yes, you are significant, not what the pseudo scientists would have you believe. Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
Not sure I am smarter than you but the so-called planets are really stars. There is no outer space, only heaven, and the stars revolve around us. Yes, you are significant, not what the pseudo scientists would have you believe. Hope this helps.

Well this little tidbit might answer the OP about if the members of ATS are smarter then him: I will say that the OP is a lot smarter then he gives himself credit for.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

Literally everything in this post is false.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The math in this is weird. So in essence if I wanted to visit a friend and to do so I have to travel to an exoplanet. Assuming I were to have a ship able to reach near light speed, Also assuming I had to travel at near light speed for atleast 2 years to reach destination said planet.

Are you saying that said friend, a human with the exact same lifespan as me would've already perished by the time I arrive there?

And/or I would because im traveling at light speed somehow survive many years longer than my friend, another human with the exact same lifespan would?
The question has insufficient information to answer, specifically the distance to the exoplanet. If it's 6 light years away and it takes you about 2 years to get there then your friend would probably still be alive.

If it's 150 light years away and it takes you 2 years of your time on the ship to get there your friend would be long dead. Also it would probably take more energy than is available in the entire milky way galaxy to make that 150 light year journey in 2 years of your time in a realistic space ship, so it's not going to happen even if it's theoretically possible if you ignore the lack of availability of such vast amounts of energy.

Also you don't have to be so smart to do the relativity math because there's a website that will do it for you:

Relativity Calculator

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Note also that your effective mass increases the faster you travel and thus the energy required to accelerate even faster nearer and nearer to light speed becomes exponential approaching infinite to get to light speed.
That claim is based on a mis-application of E=mc² where it doesn't apply. Mass doesn't increase, Einstein said so. What increases is momentum and energy, according to Einstein, not mass.

edit on 20161026 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
it says 556. which is 16 and that's 7 when using numerology. if the message is you'll have to leave the planet and the message as a whole is a 7 then it's saying your savior is telling you to leave the planet.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The way to travel at light speed is not to put a rocket out the rear and push your ship. Very impractical but does have its place.

You need to think like a nose breathing relativist. Solution: reduce your mass. Either make a "shield" or if you can master it, generate a nullifying field. Next you need a practical method to speed up your reduce massed ship.

All has been discussed before over here on ATS: What needs to be done for faster than light travel?.

A very good discussion. Touches on the practical and some "out there" subjects. I particularly like the, "A map" comment because, yeah, you kind need a place to go to and be knowledgeable of what lies in your path. I guess, I could say: it is not like dusting crops, kid!

PS - When quoting, hit the "push pin - link" icon and that post becomes the url. Then you can copy and paste like a regular link and give credit to posting person.

new topics

top topics

join