It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thank you!

I'm not so sure about the stars being more shiny, but our Big Dipper is upside down, and we have the Southern Cross, and... there are more but I have Early Morning Brain.

In Summer we get rather violent Summer storms, and power outages at least once a week. Usually the skies are clear by 7pm-ish and the power doesn't come back on til near midnight and I'm looking forward to trying to get a photo of the starry night sky with no artificial light hogging all the glory. I have my tripod and my camera and I know what settings I intend to use... I live on the outskirts of suburbia, a couple of blocks away is farmland upon farmland! Hoping to take a trek over that way and take nice photos with no houses or powerlines or anything in my way.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
The phone I have is something like this:

Yeah, I can't text on the damn thing. I've tried and it annoys me. I don't know if it has auto correct or what the deal is but nothing I want to text comes out.

I don't play the games. I don't have anyone to play with. I just read them. The dice mechanics interest me, so do the rules. I figure by the time I do have people to play with I'll know enough about them to run a game. I might make some character sheets and play by myself though. Not sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

we have the Southern Cross

Southern Cross?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

Thank you!

I'm not so sure about the stars being more shiny, but our Big Dipper is upside down, and we have the Southern Cross, and... there are more but I have Early Morning Brain.

...And Alpha Centauri, and Kapteyn's Star, and the two Magellanic Clouds! And Omega Centauri! It's packed with celestial jewels.

that way and take nice photos with no houses or powerlines or anything in my way.

You'd need a pretty wide aperture camera though. I've tried to do such a thing for my north hemisphere sky, but none of my cameras have a wide enough aperture.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thanks Honey! I've been through crap physically and emotionally over the years and I'm still standing. I do have a bit of depression and anxiety, but got meds for that. AND...I have The Shed and its lovely people and magic, so there's that.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Would love to see your starry sky Kaelci, but being a city girl, I wouldn't mind seeing the farm animals either. I get all excited when I see a horse or sheep or something. LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I have a flip top one that I actually love. There are different settings for texting. I remember once trying to text and told my Husband, this effin thing doesn't work. He told me it does but I had to change the settings for it. I felt stupid there for a minute. LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nice pic for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nooo!

I'm still learning with my camera. And then to add to my disillusion is the fact that there are normal digital cameras available now that exceed my SLR and lenses. (note: the recent Coolpix that zoooooms all the way to the moon with no pixellation)

I have a 35mm and 50mm. And the kit 18mm-55mm. I would looove a 300mm!
I'll be using the 35mm for my impending night sky plans though. f/1.8 and a lot of Stubborn Kaelci!

Night

Would love to see your starry sky Kaelci, but being a city girl, I wouldn't mind seeing the farm animals either. I get all excited when I see a horse or sheep or something. LOL

Hehe! I've lived in many assorted country towns, and out in the middle of farmland, most of my life. For you, some old photos from when I lived in North Queensland.

Little snakey!
edit on 25 11 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I didn't have any friends or meds when I had my depression state... I eventually won over by wiping my mind bare and building, literally, my mind back up from the ruins.

A side effect (well, more of a protection device) is that my personality changes rather rapidly with time, constantly evolving, never static unlike most people.

I had to do it alone back then; but now I have friends. Now I know you guys are there if ever I feel down.

The Shed and these friends I've met there... It was your idea. So we have you to thank for. Always remember that whenever you, too, feel down.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ooh, that would be so cool to see in real life!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Aperture is really the most important thing if you try to take a picture of stars. Stars are so dim, you need extra wide aperture so to capture the most light possible. Imagine light as rain drops - the wider your umbrella, the more rain you'll catch with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Awesome pics Kaelci! I especially loved that little snake! How adorable!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Just backing up through the thread, and saw mention of depression and such. I did much the same as what you wrote - I built myself back up, myself. I did actually try medication for a while, but that made me feel worse, and as an introvert and self-isolationist I didn't have anyone around.

The last 3-4 years of my life have been me working on me. I used to also be exceedingly anxious, to the stage that sometimes I would refuse to leave the house, be afraid of talking on the phone, hell, it took me nearly 5 months to write my introduction thread here on ATS and start very slowlyyy creeping in. I am anxious no more, and depressed no more. I am confident and growing more each and every day.

I had to do it alone back then; but now I have friends. Now I know you guys are there if ever I feel down.

The Shed and these friends I've met there... It was your idea. So we have you to thank for. Always remember that whenever you, too, feel down.

All hail the Shed and the denizens that lurk within!

I attribute much of the friendship in here for helping me to complete my journey. Well, not complete, it's ongoing. But the Shedizens are amazing, and, you are one now!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hi John. I have been through what I call 'normal' depression where something bad happens and you somehow deal with it and pick yourself back up. I think for me though, it is having been through too much for too long. So sometimes, it affects me if even subconsciously, it is there lurking in the shadows. I have good days of course, but there are things I struggle with.

The Shed is not my idea. It began as a Valentine thread actually made by our friend Jane and then blossomed into what it is now from Jacygirl. It had its moments when the heartbeat was weak and people were busy or disappearing for whatever reason and Syx and I kept it alive. Maybe we were stubborn or perhaps we just believed deep down inside that there would come a time when members would return and new ones would need it.

The Shed and its people has meant more to me than words could possibly express. It has lifted me from some very dark times in my life. I made a promise to keep this place open and going for anyone who may need it. As long as I still breathe, there will be enchantment, magic, compassion and love. The doors will always be open and the lights will always be on.

edit on 25-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A flip phone? That's a lot fancier than mine lol. Mine's like a brick.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hahaha! I had one once that wasn't a flip phone and it would always press against the inside of my purse and dial numbers. I'd go to use it and have to delete all these numbers before making a call. LOL I love the one I have now!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Way to go!

You're not falling. You're flying.

-the Doctor (10th)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join