It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

How beautiful! Lucky you!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
G'day Shedifarians !

Just popping in ... heard Night was out of sorts ...😯

Get those pixies weaving there thing on you !

Mac & Gordi ... some very cool posts ...

Everyone else ...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I couldn't have said this better.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Bro. And Hey to everyone else.
Wow Skid that video was powerful.
The abuse rate of roughly 1/3rd is pathetic!
Is enough to piss a Guy off!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Howdy.

Yeah it pisses me off. It makes me think of what's going on in Canada right now with what they're calling the highway of tears.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Going to try to catch up before taking off for a nice bath and to read JustMike's fabulous book!

Chooch, you are at the top of the page again? LOL That used to happen to Skiddy and I all the time. It was like the twilight zone it happened so often. Oooh, ghost to ghost am...sounds fascinating! Sounds like you had a lot of little kiddies for Halloween.

Kat, your new kitten is just adorable! It's so hard to put down a new kitty when you get one, especially a little bitty one! Nice name for her!

JustMike, thanks! I still feel crappy, but I'm going to attempt to go out tomorrow for lunch and to buy some medicine and cat food. The cat food is for the cat, not me. I'm not THAT sick. LOL Always great to see you Honey!

Hiya Jess! Thanks! Love the gif! Glad you had a fun Halloween!

Hi WIS! I'm dying to see Mac's new kitty too!!!!!!! Awww, loved your kitty hug pic!

Mac, I think your breeder knows best and I would personally opt for another kitten, no matter how excited I was to get the kitten. It would be well worth the wait. Some cats such as these, you just can't get the wild out of them. If you do take it...good luck! I'm sure we will hear some stories about that. LOL Funny for us maybe, but not so much for you.

Chief's Mom, we haven't had kids visit either, but I was sick so I'm glad. LOL

Gordi, awesome pics and wonderful music! Thanks for sharing a bit of Scottish magic with us!

Hello Timely! Always a pleasure to see our busy friend! I don't think the pixies know what they're doing. I feel a bit better, but still crappy.

Skiddy, very powerful and sad poem!

HIya Syx!

edit on 1-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Be back later my lovelies!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I was actually discussing that with my wife and she said the same thing. Problem is im an impatient bastard. And I will have to wait till the next litter. Then my wife also mentioned how we have new furniture in our house, and I started to see her point as well. I will be talking with the breeder soon and will ask her what she thinks we should do. If theres progress then great! If not, we may have to wait

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

hello..i dont really like the chocolate twinkies, but sure if you want to talk about them go for it..oh man moon pies so love them and we dont even have any darn it any ways skid..

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

hello...aww she is so small and very cute even...thanks for sharing this little sweet heart with us...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

well that is how ours went to..and i think its the parents not letting their kids go trick or treating like they did when they were younger so sad..i thought once our kids were grown up and i didnt have to take them any more sitting in my rocker and watch them come by..but nope..so sad...if parents are so scare about them going alone go with them and walk with them..make it in to a family thing...and not on your cell phones to who ever...let them enjoy it for what it is..FREE CANDY..well i hope you are doing great today..i am still working on my room..moved a few things and now i have to lay down cause i so hurt...i hope to be back on later i so hope....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hi CC.

Isn't she just precious.

Hi WIS

Here personality is out going, but yet conscience of others feels. She has picked up on my voice tone. When I have to scold her she gets it and stops. So far so good.

I read that Calico cats have magical powers.

Nightstar

I hope you feel better.

Ok, I must go. Got stuff to do.

I hope everyone has a good evening. And for those of you who have tummy aches...

Stay out of the candy. LOL!!!

See ya'll tomorrow

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Mac, The breeder wouldn't have offered you another kitten if she thought this one was making proper progress. I know it's difficult to have to wait, but remember...you are spending a small fortune on this animal and will have it for many years to come. It will be well worth the wait! I promise! I don't know how they go about training these cats, but with domestics, if they are being antsy and trying to bite or whatever, grab them by the scruff of the neck like a Momma cat would and firmly say, "NO!" They eventually get that you are in charge and the top dog, er...cat. LOL

Hiya CC! Things aren't like when we were kids. I think parents are now taking their kids to just the neighbors they know really well and family members. Streets were loaded with kids when we were young. When I got to like 16, I was like damn I still want to go out trick or treating! LOL

Kat, I love your avatar! I bet you are spending a lot of time with that new kitten of yours! Put the darned thing down! LOL That's how I am anyway, with a kitten, I'll hold it and I don't want to let it go. I don't know about you.

Feeling a bit better. Hope I have the energy to go out with my Sister tomorrow. I'll probably want breakfast food. I just need to pick up cat food and a few other items and then home to rest up.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Things are going pretty damn well on my end. (Thanks to Jess!)
Jess introduced me to her pops a while back. ....... him and I will now be working together

I am thrilled for you and yours.
Isn't the Shed magical? Lives change as we enter the doors if we open our hearts.

As for my cat ..... Sometimes the taming process takes longer than it does others.
As of right now, my little Elsa is to skiddish to me re-homed. But! im not giving up on her yet.

Her name Is Elska, " To Love" or "Love", perhaps it will take a little time and I do understand your wife's sentiments, which I read in an other post. But I feel sorry for her and I like it that you haven't given up on her yet.
Patience is a virtue.
Could you physically encounter her, may be she would bond with you?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Continued from 186 of Shed 11.

Night gently stepped forward into the entrance of the majestic tree. There were no answers when she called out hello and asked if anyone was there. It didn't appear as though anyone had lived here for quite some time. There were dust covered books on dust covered shelves. Mirrors so thick with it, you could hardly see your reflection in them. A small spider claimed its corner and its intricate web. "I call to the spirit of the tree. Can you hear me?" Suddenly a deep voice spoke slowly. "I am here. I have always been here. I may not be here someday, but today I am here. How may I help you?" The elf was surprised as most trees had guardians, but there was none to be seen.

"My name is Oldster. I have seen much. My branches reach high into the sun filled or darkened sky. I have been home to many happy birds who would proudly sing their gentle songs for me. I have been home to the scurrying squirrels who jump from branch to branch, so filled with vibrant energy and playfulness. I even loved the woodpeckers as they did no harm, just tickled me. Ah, so many wondrous little creatures. To the humans and other beings, I provided shelter and firewood from my fallen branches. I have loved them all."

Night Star stepped outside with her companions to see the face of the old one. In his elderly years, she saw the beauty in a life well lived. Even bent over and twisted with branches crossing this way and that and misshapen, he was beautiful. "It is so nice to meet you Oldster. I am Night Star and these are my companions. She introduced them all as they bowed or waved to the aging tree. "We came searching for a portal to return to the shed as we sensed danger, but I don't sense it anymore. The veil between the worlds had thinned, but the peace and serenity of the shed remained."

The old tree bent down and smiled warmly at his visitors. "You miss the shed and it's beings and creatures don't you? I have seen you had some adventures since you arrived in this realm and have protected the Kingdoms when danger lurked in the far corners and shadows of this world threatening the inhabitants." He stood up as his back hurt and he needed release from the pain. He shook his branches and the last of the yellow leaves fell softly swirling downward. "It is the Season of change, but one day there will be renewal again. He paused a moment. "Forgive the rattling of an old tree. You wanted a portal, but they aren't steady in this realm, so you may or may not reach your desired destination."

The elf thought for a moment. "Maybe that's just what we need, to take a chance." Pesky landed on her shoulder. "Are you sure about that? You have time to reconsider you know."

edit on 1-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Now you go snuggle up my friend.

Let time, care and kindness heal you.
We all ways want to hurry and get well. But perhaps the ailment is the cure? Is life teaching us a lesson? Should we just pay attention, listen in the void.
I think so. I don't care for the tutoring, it interrupts my arrogant assumption that "I" am in control.

Please rest and enjoy my cooking. European pancakes (I can't stand the term "crepes"), chicken soup proven to have healing properties (Old country). Mashed potatoes with butter and sweet corn.
And tea. fresh brewed giant cups of herbal tea, spiced with cloves, ginger, cinnamon, lemon and honey.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Night, that was so beautiful. I must reread it to grasp the underlying message. Very well done and intriguing.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Awwwww, Love that pic! The food and tea sounds lovely! HUGS!

I was considering what you mentioned to Mac, and it could very well work out with the right person. It would be a chance you have to take.

My rescued Persian was like a wild animal when we saved her. She was deaf and hissed and growled. She was just scared to death poor little thing. I would leave her in a room by herself for a time with food, water and litter pan and a toy or two. Before entering the room, I would flick the light switch to let her know someone was entering the room. I would literally lie beside her without trying to touch her, just to let her know I would never harm her. One day as we lay side by side I heard her purr. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I slowly reached up to lightly pet her and she allowed it.

From there I used hand signals to communicate. I think the most heart breaking thing for me was that she couldn't hear how gentle, sweet and loving my voice was. I had to reach her in other ways. She became the sweetest most loving little thing ever! She has passed away, but I remember our bond well.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Night, that was so beautiful. I must reread it to grasp the underlying message. Very well done and intriguing.

Oh thanks! I had writers block and had to try writing something. It is often challenging to write a story that never ends.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ahh, you have me crying warm compassionate tears.
It was so kind of you to go through all that trouble for a wandering soul. I admire your commitment.

Three of my cats are "disturbed' rescues. And the latest addition, the Rottie, would have been put down if I hadn't taken her in. She was vicious. Now she is a gentle giant.
I hug her and tell her how happy I am she is part of the "family".
I am so grateful I didn't have to help her "cross over". It was a bitter struggle, But she is alive and happy.

Oh, you are welcome to the meal, I would love to cook it.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join