It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Alright, I've been waiting to post this since I wrote it a couple weeks ago.

Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring
Page 56 - Blood
Page 57 - Char
Page 63 - Like Angels Singing
Page 68 - Hauerdred
Page 110 - Queen of the Jamael, part 1
Page 114 - Queen of the Jamael, part 2
Page 118 - Elder Poliara
Page 121 - Attending the Elder
Page 157 - In the Plaza
Page 170 - From the top of the Tulvar

Today's episode: Alone

Siere, her Braeghe Color shadow in tow, made her way disconsolately to her quarters in the Temple without engaging the soldier at all. Turninen had been replaced at Taen just as Braeghe had instructed, and the fresh-faced young Lanceguard that relieved him was mostly silent except for, “Yes, Seeress,” or “No, Seeress.”

The soldier – she had not even asked his name, she realized with a pang of guilt – stayed outside her door as she went in. She had had a chair brought for them days ago, and instructed the servants to see to the guards as necessary, but for the most part how they operated was no concern of hers.

When she had changed to a silk nightgown and robe, she readied herself for bed. She brushed her hair listlessly in front of the mirror, feeling numb with the repetitive motion. What had happened today? How could she have Corrected Lord Braeghe? She despised the kir. Privately she had vowed never to use its power unless her life was in imminent danger.

She felt no cheer from the occasional crack of the fire, and the quiet of the room lay heavy in the air. The woman in the mirror that stared back at her had old, tired eyes. Gone was the idealistic, hopeful girl that had been granted the Seeress’s circlet and diadem. And there was nothing for it but to go on, no end, no relief.

Siere had been drilled mercilessly by her mother. A daughter of Meron showed no weakness, no vulnerability. Ever. Merons were strong, they were loyal, they were proud. Merons took the lead, they were not led, and to lead you needed strength.

It had happened too often of late. Some nights she could fight it off, but tonight she was weak.

Slowly she climbed onto the bed and curled up on top of the blankets because pulling them over her body required too much effort. She tried to pray that Aomm would bless her with rest tonight, but she could not focus the words in her mind, and anyway deep down she knew it was not to be. There would be no sleep, no rest, not really. There never was. Every night was the same.

She wept silently into her pillow until the nightmares started.

Every night was the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep.

I have been following your story. I am really enjoying it.

I hope there is more.

Thx for sharing.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thanks Kat! Yes, there is more. Tons more. I have something like 70,000 words written, although the story is not yet complete. The Shed has been encouragement to write more, like the episode above which didn't exist a month ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

hello night..i dont have any one on my friends list...as when i was going to leave this place a while back i deleted them all and all my pictures..i so dont even know how to add people again..so i just have syx and maybe 2 others..so maybe i can try and figure it out again...but that would be later..we have to get a part of our heater..so we can have some heat once again..the fireplace takes to much time and to keeping it going..i dont know how to make a fire as i would make one but syx does it for me...

hello all..hope every one has a great day...tc
CC

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Well, we can't have THAT. Operation ccbears Friending commencing...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Looking forward to all 70,000 and more.

I would like to share today also. I have been baking today.

I have a party to go to tomorrow. The guests of honor are 10 and under Children with cancer. They will be accompanied by there Moms and Dads and ther siblings.
Here is a peek of what I have made. Mine don't look as pretty, but my heart is in them all.

I have been making these since my boy's were little.

I just found this recipe. I know "Bugles" arn't the healthy choice. But the salty and sweet will make you forget.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I LOVE SLUSHPILES

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

thanks so much...i got your U2U..again thanks a tons..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

hello..sorry but they all look good to me...i am not doing cookies this year..as our oven dont work right and i dont want to burn any cookies...hope you have tons of fun tomorrow..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yay! Treats!

I have some experience with pediatric cancer. You are doing something precious, Kat. May you be blessed by it, for you are being a blessing to those families.

But of course, it is my pleasure, dear Madam of the Polar Bear.

We of the Shed must take care of you who keeps our Dragon Guardian in line! (Hi Syx!)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So I have ran out of dog food and also ran out of tobacco. I have just enough money to cover either. Guess what I'm getting.

If you said "tobacco" you don't know me very well. Man I'm having a wicked nicotine fit.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Those look good!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Okay. I'm pretty sure I have something worked out with the girls. This guy said he'd board them if I helped him out with his business. I guess odd job stuff. So, fingers crossed.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hello All.

Come sit and enjoy.

Lots of food and relaxation here in the shed.

Don't worry Night I fed the dog and took him out.

I swear guys. Not my Dog. But I will take care of him until his rightful owner comes home.

Where is that Dawg?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sitting here jamming to some Five Finger Death Punch. I figured I'd share a photograph thing of me and my humble track side abode. Damn train just had to ruin it!!!

Christ almighty.......... I need to shave.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Hahahaha.
Hi Ya Chuch. Good to see that mug of yours.

Glad to see you have missed the crazy.

How have the floods effected the rails in your area?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Hey Ms. Kat!!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

You know, usually my mug tends to scare people off away from me.

I always miss the crazy stuff for some reason. Guess it's just the impeccable timing that I have.

If you're referring to the floods we had back here in June. They weren't affected as bad as it could have been. There were several places were the tracks had nothing supporting them where they had been washed out. I'm guessing that some of the places where it was washed out wasn't as bad as they thought. The storms happened on a Thursday afternoon and the line was completely reopened by the following Monday although they still had a stretch of double track down to single main for about twenty plus miles because of where one of the tracks next to a creek had washed out and was still being worked on. Hell, Amtrak was back running through here the Wednesday after it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's soooo late, early in the Morning actually. Haven't slept yet. I'd like to reply to some posts, but getting sleepy. Man am I ever going to be behind when I wake up.

Sweet dreams to all who slumber and a Good Morning to those who start showing up. The coffee pot is back where it belongs. The damned pixies had it hidden again.

Night night!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Swanne….oh Swanne *Martin calls in her sweetest singsong voice* What have you been up to???? The weather channel says that Canada is pushing a cold front….I hear Swanne is making it cold.

Then I just now walked outside and it is pouring and I mean pouring the snow! WHAT!?! I don’t want that!?!? OK we need to negotiate….maybe chocolate, or a nice apple pie????

Good morning everyone!!! I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Shep – I am just loving your writing!!!! I don’t always say it but I always enjoy it.

How did the shopping trip go? Mom and I are going out Thursday to pick up my last little “stocking stuffers”

[[[HUUGS]]] That is such a wonderful thing you are doing!!! And those look amazing!! I hope your party went well.

a reply to: Skid Mark
Skid – I’m sending you a thousand positive thoughts and prayers!!!! I hope things come together for you, you have had it sooo hard!

a reply to: gimmefootball400
Cooch!!! What’s up my LoveBug neighbor!?!?! Are you ready to freeze!?! I’m trying to negotiate with Swanne to warm it up just a tad LOL

a reply to: Night Star
Hello sweet Night, I hope you had a good rest. I just love that kitty picture, so cute!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Marty dear, that's not cold. Here:

Prairie's wx outlook
Check out Saturday night's low temp. THAT'S cold!

Thank you for your words about my writing. It really warms my heart how supportive the Shedizens are.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Morning Jess my love!!

I don't really have much going on right now except for getting ready for Christmas. Yeah, I kind of noticed that it's going to be wee bit on the cold side for a few days. My heat at the house works so I am ready!
I blame those lousy Russians for this Siberia-like cold that's coming. Even though Swanne could warm it up for us just a touch.

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join