It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
speechless:

ˈspiːtʃləs/
adjective
adjective: speechless

unable to speak, especially as the temporary result of shock or strong emotion

G out

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks go to Chirp for my new digs!
Thanks Chirp!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Alright, here we go. I cut one sentence just to be ultra safe. Would hate to get into trouble.

Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring
Page 56 - Blood
Page 57 - Char
Page 63 - Like Angels Singing
Page 68 - Hauerdred
Page 110 - Queen of the Jamael, part 1
Page 114 - Queen of the Jamael, part 2
Page 118 - Elder Poliara
Page 121 - Attending the Elder
Page 157 - In the Plaza

Today's episode: From the top of the Tulvar

Kaena was furious, her face twisted with anger.

“I will string both of them up from the top of the Tulvar! How dare they!”

“This Poliara knew about us, too, Kaena. This is likely not the end of it for me.” He felt dirty, and wanted a bath.

“I will make an end to it! Neither of them have any right to Correct you!”

“I’m not Bonded to you, Kaena. Any woman can Correct me.”

“I want you for myself. I want you Bonded to me. Today!”

“Kaena, I…we’ve talked about this. You could lose everything, and me…they’d simply…” Kill me, he thought. A certain level of fraternization was expected, and for the most part the Council of Ladies Captain turned a blind eye to it. With status came privileges, and if a woman preferred a man’s company in private, that was generally her business, especially if she was as powerful as Kaena. But a Bonding? To attune your kir to one woman, for life? That would earn him banishment from the Bastion, if it didn’t get him outright killed for treason. Lanceguard had to be able to be controlled, and Lord Captain or cadet it made no difference. Lives depended upon them following orders without question, without resistance, from any of the Ladies Captain, even the Ladysguard. A squad leader in the Ladysguard may find herself suddenly ascended in the chain of command on the field if her superiors were killed, and she would be expected to take charge of the men, to Command and Compel them as necessary. Without command, or without the ability to be Commanded and Compelled, men would lapse into brutish, uncontrolled savages on a battlefield. Men had to be controlled, everyone knew that. No Lanceguard could have their kir Bonded, ever.

“I don’t fear them. Which of them will challenge me? I deserve to have you to myself! I have earned it! They can all burn for all I care!”

“Kaena,” he touched her shoulder gently. “You’re not thinking this through. I’m angry too, but…”

Her eyes still blazing her fury, she kissed him suddenly, hard, pushing him backward and shoving him down on the bed, then climbing on top of him. Her lovemaking was intense, unrelenting. Gaalen was reluctant at first, but gave in to what his body ached for too.

Later, they lay entwined. Gaalen marveled at her soft, smooth skin, and she ran fingers along the ragged scar on his belly.

“You are mine, Gaalen Braeghe," she murmured. "I may not be allowed to have you in the eyes of the law, but you are mine, and that woman will never Correct you again, I promise you.”

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Where's Nights owl gif? What did I miss? Gordi speechless!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gordi, why are you speechless? Did something happen???

Shep, when you mentioned new digs, I thought you had a new site you put up. Now I know you meant your avatar. Doh! Sometimes it takes me a minute or two for something to sink in.
Nice new story entry!!

Jess, There is an owl pic I posted and Gordi did something with it and it's hysterical. I don't have time to go through the pages to find it. I'm sure he will post it for you.

edit on 12-12-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
That's one problem solved. Too bad I won't get paid for a few weeks. That would help me get a place by the 17th.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I saw it,it was hilarious! I need the little owl that pops out and ask what I missed...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I saw it,it was hilarious! I need the little owl that pops out and ask what I missed...

Oh yes, one of my favorites of all time...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The friend you are staying with can't keep you another few weeks?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nope. Her kids are coming next week. I'm in her son's room. I think her dad is coming too and he'll be on the couch.

I went to the Trustee office today and the best they could offer was a homeless shelter. They don't allow dogs.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Then ask if she can at least let your dogs stay in the garage for a few weeks. You can sleep at the shelter and eat and bathe and spend time with the dogs when you can? There doesn't seem to be many options here. We can't have you and the girls sleeping out in the cold for God's sake. Shelter, food and safety are your priorities.

Also...they have animal shelters with people who actually foster care for animals and take them into their own homes. Tell them you have every intention of getting them back and don't want them adopted out to anyone. I have dealt with these people for other folks in desperate situations and they are Angels and will do everything in their power to help you. They network with each other to find solutions and they work fast.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
She won't. She wants them gone, too. I asked on facebook if anyone knew of pet fostering programs. I haven't heard anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I had put an ad on Craiglist and people from shelters or folks who knew them contacted me. I would call them directly as well as placing the ad. One women who was over the limit of how many pets she could foster took in two cats for my neighbor. They will go above and beyond to help.

For me, it was my neighbor who is a landlord and the tenants just disappeared and he could hear the poor cats crying like crazy. He hated animals and of course turned to me for help. He did have a heart after all. I fed them and changed the litter box until I could find homes for them through the shelter folks.

The bad news is that by law, the tenants had until a certain date to still claim their animals as their own. The very day I received info that they would be fostered, the damned tenants showed up. I was soooo pissed! Poor cats went without food and water for who knows how long and then they keep them? GRRRR! The next day, I saw one of the cats roaming around outside. It was always an indoor cat. They got evicted and I never did know what happened to the poor kitties.

Have to take a bath and do some housework. Be back later.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That sucks about the cats. I can't see how people can do that.

I know nothing about Craigslist but I'll look.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hi Skid.

I would take Nights advice and look into foster care homes. See if you can find something close to where you will be working and staying.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.

With the temperatures getting below freezing. You need to work fast.

You and the girls are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just posted an ad there asking if anyone did temporary pet fostering.

I looked online for pet fostering but all I found is animal shelters/adoption.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Thanks.

I know, it kills me but I have to. I just posted an ad on Craigslist.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I was very pleased with the replies I received and how they networked with each other and found a solution. And they all stayed on top of things, giving me other people to contact or contacting others for me. I hope you get results quickly as well. The girls are just gorgeous and I know they are good and loving dogs. You have been the best dog Daddy with so much love and devotion. Keep us posted my friend. Hugs!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I got a reply on there saying that's the worst place to advertise and to ask a vet if they knew a place. I went to reply and my stupid finger jerked and I hit the dang flag thing. They shouldn't have that by the "prohibited" button.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That was the only time I used the site. I never sold or bought from people there. You get all kinds of weirdos mixed in with the nice folks I guess. The people who finally found a solution was actually from a shelter. Yes, you could ask a vet. Seeing the friend you are with now has already had the dogs in her garage, I don't know why she couldn't wait a little longer knowing you will have a job soon. Hell, bust out into tears in front of them and make them feel bad.

Are there any dog sanctuaries around you? I have heard of such places but have no idea where they are. Time is ticking and this must be driving you insane. It is gut wrenching knowing how difficult this has all been for you and those beautiful dogs.

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join