It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Jess, what a beautiful poem you wrote about your Brother! So touching! It's so hard seeing those we love have to leave here before us. They are carried in our hearts though forever.

Loved the quote and the one with the sweatshirt especially!

edit on 2-12-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Morning/ Afternoon to all my lovely Shed people and lurkers!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Morning Night (have I mentioned how much I love saying that?) I just love that frog pic. Yes, I need to find that sweatshirt and order it. Thank you so much for your touching post.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Cool contest... I hope you guys have fun!

I won't be participating though... I have a hard time writing Christmas stuff without making it cheesy as a cake (a cheesecake, to be precise).

The Scariest Cheesecake Christmas Carol EVER! arrgghhhhH!!!!! RUUUUNNNN!!!!!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Nothing was stirring, except for the Big Spoon in the Cheesecake mix!

G
edit on 2-12-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: Cheesecake has too many "e"s

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yeah, I chuckle when I see 'Morning Night', or Night Night. LOL

I hope your day goes by well today. Friday!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well folks...
I gotta run!

Chrissie is off to London for the weekend (a wee birthday treat) to see a show and do some shopping.
So I'm dropping her off (for the airport) and then heading over to the holiday flat with the boys for the weekend.

I shall check in if I can... but don't worry if I'm not back until Sunday night or even Monday.

Have a GREAT weekend!

G

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Have a great time Hun!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi Shedisans! About time for me to head out to lunch, then I have meetings this afternoon and may not be on much. Hope you're all having a lovely day! Here's a bit more. Have to apologize to ccbears - this one is a little long.

Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring
Page 56 - Blood
Page 57 - Char
Page 63 - Like Angels Singing
Page 68 - Hauerdred
Page 110 - Queen of the Jamael, part 1
Page 114 - Queen of the Jamael, part 2
Page 118 - Elder Poliara
Page 121 - Attending the Elder

Today's episode: Shame

Gaalen stared straight ahead.

“Lord Captain Gaalen Braeghe, commander of Braeghe Color since the death of your father, Lord Captain Hyn Cabel yi-Braeghe. Your mother is the Lady Isara Braeghe, High Seat of House Braeghe, who once served as counselor to Queen Tirina upon her succession, but retired after the death of your brother, Gesaert Gillan Braeghe during a skirmish in the Salt Rebellion. You were raised on Braeghe Estate, on the eastern shores of Lake Naonn, primarily by your nursemaid, your mother’s cousin Lady Lia Silnae. You showed strategic prowess at an early age, with a distinct aptitude for mounting a formidable defense. You are the only cadet in Bastion history to have still held the Western Gate at the end of the Cadet’s War, leading to victory for the cadets in the exercise and a special commendation by Lady High Commander Macosai at your graduation. After graduation, you distinguished yourself repeatedly. You held the ridge pass in the Second Battle of Crystal River against overwhelming odds, for which you earned recognition by Queen Tirina and the title of Shieldbearer of Aavelae, and you were presented with the Council of Ladies Captain Medal of Valor for your actions in the Burn Forest campaign.”

She paused.

“About four years ago, though, such accolades stopped. I have wondered why. Rumor connected you with the death of several Lanceguard, possibly during a retaliatory raid on a rochfendre village. Records of the event, if it indeed happened, do not seem to exist. Since then, your career has been plagued by disciplinary instances, primarily involving several of the Ladysguard and in particular, Lady Commander Kaena Quae Milaener, a childhood friend of yours whose bed you currently share. Four times the Lady High Commander has issued you private penance for disorderly conduct, and once for conduct unbecoming an officer. All five instances have been somehow connected to Lord Captain Bryn Robaer, another close friend of yours since the beginning of your Bastion years.”

Gaalen’s heart pounded, and he knew his face was red. This woman knew everything. Well, near enough.

“Have I missed anything?” She asked. Gaalen gritted his teeth and stared at the wall. “Strip to your waist, Lord Captain.”

“Your Grace?” Even one of the Bearers furtively glanced at the Elder Seeress, then snapped her mouth shut.

Poliara did not repeat herself, but instead looked at him expectantly. Growing more uncomfortable by the moment, Gaalen complied. What choice did he have? As he turned to set the pile of shirt and cloak on the nearest chair, he heard a stifled gasp from one of the Bearers. He should have known.

He turned back around and Poliara’s eyes finally dropped to the kir above his heart.

“I thought as much,” Poliara murmured when he had finished. “She Corrected you, didn’t she?”

Shame burned his skin to the tops of his ears.

“You needn’t answer that, it is quite clear.”

“Your Grace, I don’t think that Seeress…”

“No one told you to think, boy.”

Anger crashed through him in a slow, grinding wave. He fought to retain his composure, clenching fists and jaw repeatedly.

“So you do have some discipline. Perhaps that is what Lady Commander Milaener sees in you. How did you come by those scars?”

“Soldiers get hurt, your Grace,” he said through gritted teeth.

“You get flogged on the battlefield? I think not. Tell me the truth, boy, or I’ll have it out of you another way.”

“What does it matter how I got them?” he snapped. He could see shock and anger rising in the faces of the Bearers, but Poliara remained placid. She gave him a brutal Correction.

“Don’t make me ask you again, Lord Captain.”

As he pushed up from his knees, Gaalen’s thoughts cleared, and he snapped a piece into place. “You already know the answer, your Grace,” he growled.

A tiny smile curved on her lips, just at the corner of her mouth.

“And the others?”

“Most rumors have a nugget of truth buried deep within, your Grace.” His anger was subsiding, and he felt tired, alone. He thought of Kaena.

“I see.” She stared at him thoughtfully, and Gaalen dropped his eyes to his black kir. Two Corrections in one day. He shook his head. No corrections for years, and now two in one day.

An insistent knock interrupted them. “Come!” Poliara barked.

A thin, balding man in white Seer’s robes entered. “Your Grace,” he said, with a distasteful look at Gaalen, “there is a situation that requires your attention. In the Moon Quarter.”

“The acolytes? What is it?”

“Yes, your Grace. It is a…delicate situation,” he said, with a glance at Gaalen and a pleading look at the Elder Seeress. She arched an eyebrow at him. The man seemed like a simpering weasel to Gaalen, and he took an instant dislike to him.

“We are through, Lord Captain. You may go, but do not be surprised if I call on you sometime…soon.”

edit on 12-2-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
OMGosh, I just found the neatest store EVER (ok I didn't find it, someone showed it to me) so I just have to share with you guys!!!!
Happy shopping!
Five Below

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great story entry Shep!

Jess, we have one of those shops around here. You showed the tech page. They have a lot of things for teens and toys for kids as well as many other things for all ages. I've been a few times.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good Mornin'! Nice entry Shep, as always!!

Ok I have more for Our Tale, about the upcoming Battle. We need all the help We can get, right Night?!

As dawn broke on a new Day in Accasia, some were already outside stoking a fire in the fire pit, and sitting near it for warmth. The mornings were becoming cooler by the day here. Others were foraging for berries and other items for Their breakfast, in the woods.

Syx and CC wandered outside for some fresh air. They walked towards the fire pit area and could overhear some voices at the woods edge. "We really should tell them about what We know of the mist that has arrived in this land." A voice said, coming from one sounding either very young, or a Female from behind some bushes.

"I don't think They will believe us. I have not seen anything even similar to the Mist here. The beings Who inhabit this realm are of very good heart." Another voice answered the first. This one sounded Male, and old. "The evil Mist is full of Our long dead brethren of Dark souls. This will be a very challenging fight, for those here Who wish to eradicate that force." He finished with a look of concern.

The two walked out from behind the shrubbery into the clearing and headed for the fire pit. There was indeed a young Female, and an older Male Sarn. They were quietly talking to each other when They arrived near the fire, took a seat on a couple logs, and sat with Their hands outstretched towards the warm flames, rubbing them together for friction heat.

A small flight of Dragons could be seen coming closer, from the direction of the mountains. They had riders on Their backs. Some of the riders wore robes. Very likely Wizards and Scorcerors.

A Mountain Witch flew down, riding on a long branch of a fallen tree. She joined the Dragons and Their riders near the fire pit now and spoke up. "There are many Witches, Warlocks, and other Scorcerors coming here this day. We have some ideas that may aid the upcoming confrontation with The Mist." She said looking at those gathered near the fire.

As She spoke, others came outside from The Shed to join the group. Some were already smiling, some wore expressions of somber deep thought. A large Red Dragon flew down over the fire and dropped two very large wild boar onto the burning embers. "This should feed us all very well this morning!" He said as He flew over to land in the clearing. "Little Blue is coming with another one as We speak!" He finished with.

No sooner had He said that when A small Blue Dragon was seen coming closer to them all. He was obviously struggling with the Wild Boar He carried as it was nearly as large as He was! He aimed for the firepit, flew over and dropped the prize onto the fire. "There! I made it!" He panted wearing a proud smile on His toothy face. He was pleased with himself, as everyone there could plainly see!

"Let Us give thanks this day for what We are about to consume." Said a Wizard as everyone there bowed Their heads to give thanks to each of Their own Deities.

Soon the meat was cooked, cut in pieces and passed around. While those already there were enjoying Their meal, more came from The Shed and from the densely wooded forest to join in the feast.

"We've a few days more for others to gather here so We can discuss Our Battle plans." Said an old Wizard. "We are going to need all the help We can get!" He said finally...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oops, that was the page I was viewing
We don't have one so the website is mega cool to me. I bet the store is awesome!

edit on 12/2/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Great story entry Syx! I shall make an entry myself today.
Yes, we will indeed need all the help we can get! Yells 'Victory for Accassia!' Raises her sword high.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's ok I guess. Depending on what you may be looking for. I have found that we are lucky to have really good dollar stores around here. They aren't all the same, but some are awesome with good quality items. I really don't bother with the five below store anymore. It's fun to poke around in I guess once in a while.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe later I'll go make up my Christmas bags.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, I know this is kind of crappy, but it's how I feel at the moment and didn't know where else to go to share my frustration with people that would understand.

This whole thing that's has happened to Issac Koi, that is causing him to have to give up his persuit of his love of presenting awesome UFO information is just hitting me like a kick in the gut.

So sad one of our best members for laying out such great investigative information on a subject many hold so dear, has to now stop for self preservation because of another's childish and shallow actions.

Sigh.... Sorry, I just know some of you have probably read his work around here and might get what I'm saying. Not like my friends on the outside world would have a clue

Sad day for ATS, though I imagine he feels the worse. Thanks for letting me get it I off my chest. Love you guys

ETA: By the way, if you haven't seen it yet, our dear zazzafrazz posted a amazing thread about it to bring it to our attention. You can FIND IT HERE
edit on 12/2/16 by onehuman because: Added link

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Sorry I messed this post up.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh, just found this and am reading it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No Hun, it is from outside sources in his real life sadly, that are doing the damage. I posted the link zazzafrazz put up about it if you want too see what is going on.

ETA: I do know what you mean though about all the negativity. It has been really bad lately. That's sad in itself really

edit on 12/2/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

It's a shame that he has been pushed to his limits like that!

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join