It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger as Spain prepares to let Russian warships refuel on way back to Aleppo bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Guy Verhofstadt, former prime minister of Belgium and now the EU’s representative on Brexit talks with the UK, called Spain’s decision to allow the refuelling “scandalous”.

"It is scandalous that Spain, a member of NATO and the EU, is today allowing the Russian #Kuznetsov fleet to refuel and receive technical assistance on Spanish territory. Only last week – this Spanish Government signed up to a statement from the European Council accusing Russia of war crimes against civilians in #Aleppo, yet today it provides assistance to a fleet which has one purpose; the annihilation of Aleppo and the harassment of EU & NATO forces."
SOURCE

The reason I'm posting this article is because I feel like it's part of a progression of events that has to leave Russia feeling like they're cornered. The following was Russia's reaction to Marines being deployed to Norway.

“Taking into account multiple statements made by Norwegian officials about the absence of threat from Russia to Norway, we would like to understand why Norway is so much willing to increase its military potential, in particular through the stationing of American forces in Vaernes," said Maxime Gourov, spokesman for the Russian embassy in Oslo, according to Agence France-Presse.
SOURCE

The article linked directly below concerns Putin's reaction to a possible Hillary Clinton administration.

"Would Mrs. Clinton delivers on he threats and harsh rhetorics against Russia if she became President? Or will she correct her position against us?"

He then issued what sounded like a horrifying ultimatum to US politicians, saying: "Jeopardising Russian-American relations in order to gain brownie points internally – I consider this to be harmful and counter productive.

"It's not funny anymore. If somebody out there wants confrontation. This is not our choice but this means that there will be problems."
SOURCE

The UN is turning on Russia. Whether it's right or wrong isn't the point. The issue is how all of this must be making Russian leadership feel.

'UNHRC resolution attempt to quash Russian-Syrian anti-terrorist op in Aleppo '

Russia has made it clear that the measures to back it further into a corner will be met with retaliation.

Russia to respond to any new US sanctions with 'painful' measures – deputy FM

Russia 'will retaliate' against British media after RT's bank accounts closed

As I tried to convey in the thread linked directly below, I believe WW3 makes sense if Russia and the U.S. both refuse to back down in Syria. If it turns out that Russia is so backed into a corner that it feels like its only way to survive as a nation is to fight back, that could set things off as well.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense
edit on 26-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
With freinds like spain who needs allies?

Screw USA, Russia, Spain and the UK.

I declare loyalty to none

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

"It's not funny anymore. If somebody out there wants confrontation. This is not our choice but this means that there will be problems."

So don't vote Hillary !

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Good bombs(west), bad bombs(east)...
Jup, let´s demonize the russians, which were called by Assad( ia m not a friend of Assad!) to fight the western funded jihadis and to stop the forced regime change in syria.
Yeah, let´s demonize the ones who really fight the jihadis.
But it is clear that the west is not amused to help the russians on their way to fight the western funded jihadis, because this is an expensive own goal...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
There's a great recession going on in Spain, it would be foolish of them to pass up this business opportunity.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have to ask , how are these warships a threat to Allepo , do they have wheels . Cruise missiles sure but they are rather expensive compared to dumb bombs .
edit on 26-10-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

To be fair I am surprised they still float.

I not one to be militaristic and nationalistic but the Russian navy is a floating turd. And i use the tterm "floating" lightly.

edit on 26-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Good on Spain.

The way I see it Russia is killing ISIS, ending the civil war NATO prolonged, and killing radical jihadists.

The power elite are just pissed because Russia is killing terrorist boogeymen faster than they can MAKE THEM.

De puta madre....(awesome)

edit on 10 26 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is quite entertaining watching nations leaders going for each others throats.

Next will be people singing their way into World War 3 with Angela Merkel ordering the peasants to play the flute. Leaders really are starting to go insane. Must be the alien nanites in their heads going overdrive.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
And when U.S. war planes refuel in Spain, is that just because they like sight seeing?

At least 300 civilians have been killed in just 11 air strikes by the US-led coalition, a report has found amid concern for families trapped in Isis’ stronghold of Mosul.

Amnesty International urged the Pentagon and its allies to “come clean” about the full extent of deaths in operations against the so-called Islamic State, with official inquiries so far acknowledging only dozens of casualties.

www.independent.co.uk... html
edit on -180002016-10-26T05:28:41-05:000000004131201641102016Wed, 26 Oct 2016 05:28:41 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Good on Spain.

The way I see it Russia is killing ISIS, ending the civil war NATO prolonged, and killing radical jihadists.

The power elite are just pissed because Russia is killing terrorist boogeymen faster than they can MAKE THEM.

De puta madre....(awesome)

Star for you sir! Russia is on their job taking care of the problem. Everyone else is a part of the problem trying to keep things the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Russia has already withdrawn the request to refuel in Spain

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Russia withdrew their request.

ETA -
What Dumbass said.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They better watch their fleet protection, lest they suffer a USS Cole type attack from a "3rd party".

new topics

top topics

join