It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and women share horror stories from their experiences using a Ouija board

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Some people are soo susceptible to the supernatural, because man made horror movies and propaganda that they believe anything.

I played with Quija back in the seventies when I was a teen, my uncle gave me one and I played with my friends, until this day I never had any bad experience from it.

Beside telling me at 14 that I was to have two children, and yes I did.

edit on 26-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: and14263
Interesting topic, it suffers from muddy water syndrome though. IE some accounts which could be real are diluted by being published with accounts which aren't.

"...she didn't want to talk about it. EVER." Lines like this don't seem valid to me. They're from horror books. Anyone who had experienced something so bizarre (almost like a miracle) but doesn't want to discuss it is suspicious in my mind. I think that sort of line is used for effect.

I never used to believe in this stuff because lines like that immediately make me dismiss the topic. However I think I do believe now, just a little.

I'm going to watch the whole video now... I'm interested to see the demographic of the people being interviewed. That's usually a hint towards validity.

Charlatans and cons looking for their 15 minutes of fame are willing to do anything to get free press and I am sure we all have seen this and it is those people who are always brought up by the skeptic saying this is proof that the supernatural does not exist however in my experiences with others who are hesitant to release details concerning their supernatural experience is due to they consider it personal and maybe even embarrassing.

Anyone can do their own investigation into the ouija board and may find similar results BUT be aware that ZOZO (this is the spirit that controls the ouija board) who will tell the truth and also lie in order to keep you deceived until he can gather enough energy to start his attack.

Like that malarkey kid who lied about going to heaven? Charlatans are everywhere, man. Really makes you think twice about being superstitious.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So the board told you at 14 that you were going to have 2 children? And you did? Well, that's not exactly proof of any sort of supernatural aspect to these things then is it? I mean, how many people have 2 kids? I have 2 right now. Anyway, I know your post wasn't supporting the idea that Ouija boards have any kind of supernatural power or significance but if the board told you that then there is the possibility that it does.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I like to think of myself as a rational minded skeptic. In the clear light of day, of course using a Ouija board isn't going to attract any malevolent spirits. I know that to be intellectually true. But I've made a point never to # with them.

Because of course it's just a game, a party trick to offer a suuuper spooooky thrill to stoned teenagers. But still...
edit on 10/26/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/26/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loveofneighbor

He runs it.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I checked Amazon reviews and this one made me LOL

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty sure I'll never make it out of my house ... By Lisa Murryon May 21, 2016 Verified Purchase My daughter saw one of these in a horror movie and wanted to try it. What could go wrong? I did a little reading and sent her a link with some important dos and donts. Not that I really believe in talking to the dead via a checkerboard, but I thought we should follow some guidelines just in case. She promised me she read the article. She is 15, so I probably shouldn't trust her to read anything not on social media. The first thing she did was to put the planchette on the board and say, "'Sup bitches?!?" Then she left the board unattended, dropped the planchette on the floor, and basically did all the other things listed in the "don't" section of the rules. She is now levitating and speaking in tongues. Pretty sure I'll never make it out of my house alive, or at least sane. Buy at your own risk, especially if you have a 15 year old daughter.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
She is now levitating and speaking in tongues.

Lol. Just think she would have been perfect as a promotion for the new release of 'Exorcist' as long as her head rotated as a broken record as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Threads like this are always hilarious because so many people don't realize the Ouija board was invented as a parlor game instead of a mystic device, but pop culture evolved it into what it is today

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Brother, regardless of how it was created, we can give power to objects. Imagine if you had a bad experience and no one believed you. If people called you crazy or tried to rationalize away your story.

The truth is, we don't know everything and some things we don't know have the potential to scare the hell out of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join