It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Through The Darkness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I sit by the flicker of candlelight, watching as the flames dance and the light shines.
All the while I think of you, the ones who suffer and struggle through the darkness and shadows in your aching endless grief.
I have seen your words and heard your stories as they cry out from the distance. It matters not how near or far.

From somewhere deep within, allow the strength to rise and push forward through the oppressing things that take you to your dark places. Breath deep the courage, like a warrior with sword raised high. Rise victoriously into the sunrise of a new day. It is always there, always waiting for another.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This touches me deeply, Night Star. I think it's the most touching thing you ever wrote.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Wow! Thank you Honey! That means a lot to me! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Stared and flagged dear Night.
That was deep felt from your gentle heart.
I like the progression, that you don't deny our suffering and lead to a meaningful outcome.
And the way you subtly imply this is an ongoing process.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Poignant and Positive.

Bravo dear 'Raine.

Gx

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you Sweetheart! Ah, it is indeed an ongoing process for many.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Thank you Sir Gordi of the Shedlands!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thanks, Star, for reaching out with a depth of compassion to all of us searching for better times, more joy, and the hope that someday sorrow and pain will be nothing more than a memory. And that struggling through these times is worth it, after all.

Your posts always impart true hope. You are a true light in our world, my friend.
tetra

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Wow, thank you so much my friend! You sound like an amazing person, just from posts of yours that I have read. Your comment here means a lot to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Beautiful Night Star, you're making me cry! Good tears though 💕

Rise victoriously into the sunrise of a new day. It is always there, always waiting for another.

This ^^^^^!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You're most welcome! ***bowing***

You actually reminded me of something I posted a wee while ago now... I'll try and copy/paste it below...

The driver who growls,
the stalker who prowls,
the ungrateful, the selfish and rude.

They bring dark clouds with them
and block out the light,
they make it so hard to see good.

For lightness and brightness
don't interest them,
on their journey for speed and for greed.

It's an easy trip into
their own little world,
if they're focusing on their own needs.

But all that it takes is the smile of a child,
or a wag of a tail from a dog,
A hug from a friend can help us no end,
as the song of a bird lifts the fog.

The clouds might bring rain, but remember my friends,
that rainwater fills up the streams.
It waters the earth and brings things to life,
and rainbows are born to be seen.

The good things in life would be taken for granted,
if there were no bad things as well.
You can't taste the sweet if you've never had sour,
and heaven means nought without hell.

The trick is to learn how to ride out the bad,
in the knowledge that good will return.
With patience and strength we can outlast the worst,
then take our place back in the sun.

Let it Shine!

Gx

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I Love this Night My Friend. Such depth. This Truly shows You!!
"Breath deep the courage, like a warrior with sword raised high. Rise victoriously into the sunrise of a new day."
Such compelling words, with Heartfelt emotions... Deep...
Thank You for sharing this with Us.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Wow, what a great response! Thank you so much dear Jenny!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Wow Sir Gordi!!!!!! I sure as hell hope I commented on your poem when you first wrote it! You know my crappy memory and all. LOL Loved this! Thank you so much for sharing!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Awww, thanks oh mighty winged one! So glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You are Welcome My little Elven Friend!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I gotta apologize upfront to NightStar, as this is beautiful stuff, as I've already acknowledged. And though I like Gordi's prose, I've come to feel pretty strongly that this duality philosophy that you can't know joy without knowing pain, etc, is just inculcation and justification for what we all suffer through needlessly.
Just saying. Not trying to be critical or argumentative. But the devil's excuse for his evil, is that there are those that aren't......

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I gotta apologize upfront to NightStar, as this is beautiful stuff, as I've already acknowledged. And though I like Gordi's prose, I've come to feel pretty strongly that this duality philosophy that you can't know joy without knowing pain, etc, is just inculcation and justification for what we all suffer through needlessly.
Just saying. Not trying to be critical or argumentative. But the devil's excuse for his evil, is that there are those that aren't......

Hi Tetra,
Thanks for your kind and honest comments.

I'm a bit confused by the "Inculcation and justification" references though.
When I write, I usually do so from my own (very personal) perspective.

You will just have to believe me when I say that I've seen some dark days; depression, anxiety, loss, grief, pain etc
I'm not aware of repeating a narrative or providing justification for evil or anything else.

I believe that this thread has been created for those who are currently struggling to cope with grief and/or loss, and the vast majority of what I quoted above (from a previous and different thread...) relates directly to getting through the bad times.

If my writing has been interpreted in any other way than showing support and encouragement for those who are currently in need, then I can only apologise.

It certainly was not my intention to do so.

kindest regards,
Gordi

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Gordy: My comments were certainly not aimed at you personally in any way, whatsoever. I believe every word you say and express about your deepest motivations, my friend. Most of us inform our particular present reality with this duality concept I refer to. It's simply a matter of believing that evil exists because good exists; because we must experience pain to understand the lack thereof, or joy......this is what I am speaking about.

Your motivations are entirely the best representations of humanity from all I've read from you over some years. My referencing this "duality" philosophy is not aimed at you personally in any way, whatsoever. I know you have compassion for your fellow humans, that you know and understand and comprehend true suffering, crises of faith and dark nights of the soul. I have no doubt about any of that, so please, don't misunderstand what I wrote, as I aimed none of that at you personally in any way whatsoever.

In fact, much of what you wrote there was quite beautiful and poignant, and certainly we find comfort in the support we offer one another through the compassionate understanding of pain and struggle. In fact, NightStar wrote this last night, while participating in a thread of mine, about my own crisis of faith and dark night of the soul.......

In my estimation, you are an exemplary human being and I am fortunate to be able to interact with you and share your musings. Never think otherwise.

What I intended to address about that duality philosophy is wholly separate from your struggles, and motivations that many of us are experiencing. Please don't mistake my words for criticism in any way. It's been a pleasure always to converse with you.
regards,
tetra

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

No worries, and THANK YOU.

I'm sorry, I missed your thread... but I have had a look now and I understand better what you're going through.

Just to be absolutely clear... I do NOT believe that Evil exists because Good exists or vice-versa.
I think there's a full spectrum of attitudes and behaviours and it's up to us all, as individuals, to behave in a manner that places us on that spectrum where we ought to be.

You are so right (in your thread) when you talk about the "dis-connect".
I see people stepping over the homeless and sick whilst texting or chatting trivial non-sense on their mobile phone!!!
It drives me crazy!!!

How do you deal with it though?? Well, That's UP TO YOU!

Me? I get out there. I breathe the air. I listen to the trees. I stick my toes in a stream. I'll strum a (bad) song on my guitar on top of a hill at midnight under the stars.
I even bought an old vintage car... because it made me smile, and because it makes other people smile!
I help my wife with her Forest School activities, where we take groups of kids out into the woods AWAY from their TV's, computer screens and mobiles, and show them how to appreciate and enjoy nature.

Re-connecting with myself, re-connecting with nature and showing other people how to do the same.
It might only start a tiny ripple in the big pond... but hey - it's good for ME too!

If you want my advice... (If not - just skip to the "kindest regards" bit!! LOL)

Don't get caught up on the duality thing. (Black/White, Dark/Light, Good/Evil)
Life's a journey with good, bad and indifferent stops along the way.
It's usually quite a looooong journey... and on long journeys - let's face it... sh*t happens!
Best we can do is deal with the immediate issue or problem and move on.
If there are multiple problems... make a list... prioritise them... then deal with them one by one.
If we don't deal with them, they build up and weigh us down, making our journey so much harder.
If we can sort out one little thing. Just one. It makes our burden lighter and the next step easier.

It's unlikely that you'll be able to sort out everything on your own. (Who can??)
So, don't feel bad about reaching out.
THERE ARE SOME GREAT PEOPLE OUT THERE full of love, compassion and understanding.

You know that you are always welcome to pop into the Shed at any time too.
Did you know we are on our Twelfth incarnation there???

HERE's a LINK to Shed12

I wish you all the best with your current step on the journey.
And look forward to seeing you further down the road.

kindest regards,

BigG

<<   2 >>

join