It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of Aviations greatest has just passed... Bob Hoover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There are probably many of the younger generation who do not even know who Bob Hoover was.. He was a gentleman who.... those of us who flew airplanes (especially on the aerobatic circuit) always enjoyed his stories and his fantastic air shows. @ 94 RIP Bob
www.flyingmag.com... 4495522&spReportId=OTA0NDk1NTIyS0
youtu.be...

Hoover’s flying career began when he was a teenager. He soon enlisted and flew in World War II as a fighter pilot. After being shot down over Italy and spending 16 months in a German POW camp, he famously escaped by stealing a Fw190 fighter and flying it to the Netherlands.

He went on to become a U.S. Air Force test pilot alongside Chuck Yeager and later revolutionized aerobatics with his airshow routines in his instantly recognizable green and white Shrike Commander and yellow P-51 Mustang. The movie Flying the Feathered Edge: The Bob Hoover Project recounts his entire storied career in detail.
Bob Hoover Harrison Ford

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

wow some amazing flying their !

Safe passage bob !

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Right Stuff.

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Another page turns in history.
I was lucky enough to see him perform at airshows.
He will be missed.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Heard about that earlier. Glad you posted it. One of the greatest pilots in the game. Sad day in aviation.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yeah I was in Boot Camp with him and sat with him in the cafeteria he was sort of a quiet soft spoken guy very precise with where he was going in life. I highly enjoyed having chow with him and he was an exceptional team player. Sucks to see him go but maybe we'll meet with him again sometime in another place.

join