It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I'm voting Trump because I care about women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
If you care about women so much, maybe you should ask women who to vote for.

I don't care who they vote for as long as it's based on logic and not gender. Per my OP,

And if you truly believe Hillary will be an amazing president (feminism aside), then, by all means, give her your vote.

What exactly makes electing a white man empowerment to women?

I never said it would.

You can save me your sad sob story about Hillary, you owe America a Republican Woman nominee in the next election or I'm just never voting Republican again lololololololol. It's mind blowing you think the people expect the Democrats to hold your hand through this, and if your party dies, good riddance. I seriously hope it ends up over lack of diversity, the literal cancer the created politics in the first place.

Not sure how any of this relates to anything in the OP.
edit on 10/27/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
DP
edit on 10/27/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

so let's say that a hillary presidency would end up being a levle 5 failure,
what if I think a trump presidency would be a level 20 failure, causing all those doom and gloom events that you see in the future of a hillary presidency and more....
would it actually be right to vote for a level 20 failure just to avoid a stain on women's reputation anyways?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Oh so do nothing instead and continue to complain, and begrudge anyone who suggest ACTUALLY doing something........nice approach, been working out so well so far........

Dude, thread isn't about me. Everyone wants to make it about me, though. You came in for your quip about if I want change then I should do something. That has nothing to with the topic and is just you wanting to stick your nose in to try and get a reaction. And my fault, I did react. But you have added no contribution to the topic in the OP.

If you want to rip apart my statements using sound logic and reason to prove me wrong, I would absolutely love that. So far, no one has done that.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I don't care who they vote for as long as it's based on logic and not gender. Per my OP,

Good thing women have your 'man logic' to support them.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

so let's say that a hillary presidency would end up being a levle 5 failure,
what if I think a trump presidency would be a level 20 failure, causing all those doom and gloom events that you see in the future of a hillary presidency and more....
would it actually be right to vote for a level 20 failure just to avoid a stain on women's reputation anyways?

This thread isn't and has never been about who would be a better President. It's about what a Hillary failure would do to women's right of equality. It's a variable in an equation of many variables. I guess I was mistaken in thinking the educated minds on ATS would want to consider as much as possible before making a decision on who to vote for. My fault.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Good thing women have your 'man logic' to support them.

It's just regular logic, but thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would call this thread an example of the Regressive Right. Literally a SJW for women, voting presumably against their interests, as women do vote, this is not unknown, and they largely vote Democrat, FIGHTING WITH OTHER SJW AND WOMEN over what his vote 'means' as a priority to the topic of what women think. Ignorance on so many levels.
edit on 27-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I would call this thread an example of the Regressive Right. Literally a SJW for women, voting presumably against their interests, as women do vote, this is not unknown, and they largely vote Democrat, FIGHTING WITH OTHER SJW AND WOMEN over what his vote 'means' as a priority to the topic of what women think. Ignorance on so many levels.

Cool, I'd call it an attempt to try and bring a new viewpoint into people's minds so they are more aware of a potential repercussion of a Hillary presidency.

Crazy how little the subject of the OP has actually been discussed. Ignorance on so many levels... or maybe just bad reading comprehension, I can't be sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

and I guess my problem is that I just see don't gender as important enough to be that far up on my list of priorities as far as who I vote for. nor do I even place how any one candidate might affect me adversely really...
it's more which one would help the country the best, you know the whole country, the rich, the poor, the whites, the non-whites, the women and the men???

but, by all means, go ahead and protect women's reputation if you like...
although I still don't think you are being honest on that one.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Whomever you're pointing this out to doesn't need your help, you've found the wrong audience, this is a conspiracy site, check your domain. No one here has ever once not thought what your OP suggested, however it's too simple-minded. It is not an attribute of being novel, it rather instead lacks originality and critical thought. This mindset is marginally above a childs. Adults look past the issues you think are prevalent. As another poster has said 'And it will be okay to Judge others based on Hillary?' The question is rhetorical, adults answer no.
edit on 27-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and I guess my problem is that I just see don't gender as important enough to be that far up on my list of priorities as far as who I vote for. nor do I even place how any one candidate might affect me adversely really...
it's more which one would help the country the best, you know the whole country, the rich, the poor, the whites, the non-whites, the women and the men???/

That's great. It really is.

but, by all means, go ahead and protect women's reputation if you like...
although I still don't think you are being honest on that one.

I realized most people probably hadn't considered the thought so I started a thread to discuss it. Nothing more. Unfortunately most are too infatuated with talking about unrelated thoughts and issues to make any headway. C'est la ATS these days.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Whomever you're pointing this out to doesn't need your help,

Then move along.

you've found the wrong audience, this is a conspiracy site, check your domain.

Cool, cause looking at the percentage of election based threads vs other, I would have guessed differently.

No one here has ever once not thought what your OP suggested, however it's too simple-minded. It is not an attribute of being novel, it rather instead lacks originality and critical thought. This mindset is marginally above a childs. Adults look past the issues you think are prevalent. As another poster has said 'And it will be okay to Judge others based on Hillary?' The question is rhetorical, adults answer no.

Lol, you're off base.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Cool, cause looking at the percentage of election based threads vs other, I would have guessed differently.

Oh okay, you're a shill. Later.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

you're right, most probably hadn't considered the thought,
there's far bigger concerns.
and well, they are probably too busy trying to wade through all the bs looking for actual facts to actually care what effect hillary's presidency would have on women's issues...
but, it shouldn't take much to figure out that trump wouldn't be a very good president. just use his own words, just look how he alienates most of the people living in this country... look at some of the statement about the use of nuclear weapons.....

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I fail to see how a self-confessed serial groper of women, who values only the women he considers beautiful, who confuses being polite with being respectful will actually do anything for women.

His daughter came up with sort of a half-hearted maternal rights program that would benefit herself and her friends but do little for grandmothers who have assumed parental rights for grandchildren or pregnant inner city fifteen year olds, etc. I see him mocking women, though.

I see him mocking the disabled - and disability rights and access are a feminist issue.

So is the Dakota pipeline.

So is healthcare for those still on Native American reservations and those in the inner city. And childcare.

And the environment.

And he hires people and then tells them that they're volunteers and he's been sued because he doesn't pay overtime like he should (getting paid equal pay and a living wage is another feminist issue.)

And then there's LGBT rights. I've heard Trump say he was an ally and praise himself for foresight after the Orlando massacre, but that was the end of his stance on rights. And LGBT rights is another feminist issue, along with reproductive rights.

I haven't heard that he has any talking points on the above. I've heard Clinton speak about disability rights during this election and other feminist issues and her childcare plan and about LGBT rights.

I'm pretty sure I've followed Trump's major speeches. Heard him talk about himself and how he'll make things great. And I heard his "nasty woman" remark, too.

Under Trump, we'll have to fight five times as hard to get any support for the things we want.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You literally just stated, "it won't stop women from voting for her, any more than it will stop blacks, minorities, or anyone else really, from electing another black president." That's you saying people are voting based on stereotypes.

No it isn't. I know what I'm saying, and that's not it. I'm saying that stereotypes, or the so called bad job that they did won't stop people from voting for a black person or a woman. Not that people will vote for a black person or a woman based on stereotypes.

Hillary, however, will have to deal with the REAL events that have happened in her life, the decisions REALly she made and the laws she REALly broke for the next four year... along with acting as President.

Yes, let us spotlight the woman who is a proven criminal. Who has escaped the laws of the justice system because of who she is. Let us show everyone that the law does not depend on whether you did something wrong, only whether you know the right people.

None of that has anything to do with her womanhood. That's just equality!

Why would anyone want to smile less?

Stereotypes sexism tell women that they need to smile more, that they're more attractive/prettier when they smile.....

Um, her potential first term hasn't even started so how can you say we've seen the ramifications? We could have to wait as long as eight years before saying something like that.

Geez, you're dense! All the anti-feminist have already shown their anti-feminist hand against Hillary. Again, her tenure as President, should she be elected, will have nothing to do with her womanhood. Other than her being the first one to occupy that office, her womanhood isn't going to leave a pink residue in the White House.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Ugh, the right to equality. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Woman's reproductive rights are front and center in this election and are at great risk should Trump be elected. That's a fact! Trump wants to appoint judges that will overturn Roe V Wade and the National Republican Platform calls for a Constitutional amendment that would outlaw elective abortion across the board and give a fertilized egg more rights that its host.

That's a serious loss of women's rights, should Trump be elected, and the main reason he's losing the woman's vote. So don't tell me to vote Trump to save woman's rights! That's just nuts!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'm voting Trump because I care about women
followed by

And let's say he did grope every one of those women who recently have come forward, is he really that bad of a guy?
then

However, if Hillary wins, she will probably destroy any current positive perceptions of women in office. Should she win, after this extremely scandal-ridden campaign, I have no doubt she will continue to struggle with her past, present and future indiscretions. Any and all of her failures will be nationally known, so if she does not do a sparkling job with the presidency, there will be a skyrocket in stereotypes that say woman are unfit for official positions.
so you accept already exposed lies and failed court cases against clinton are worse than having a rapist in office?
wtf

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
this election just goes to show americans will take what they get, and not demand better. Both candidates imo are not going to be good for this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join