It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm voting Trump because I care about women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Donald Trump may not be the nicest person. He often sticks his foot in his mouth making people hate him for this and for that. He's been in the media spotlight for a long time, thus, there is a whole lot of dirt on him. Sure, he probably hasn't paid taxes in twenty years, but he did that through legal means. And let's say he did grope every one of those women who recently have come forward, is he really that bad of a guy?

I hope you answered "yes", because my point is, no matter how bad he is, he will not taint anything for the American male populous. He could be the worst President ever, yet any male who ran for President after him would have a clean slate and an untainted shot at the presidency.

However, if Hillary wins, she will probably destroy any current positive perceptions of women in office. Should she win, after this extremely scandal-ridden campaign, I have no doubt she will continue to struggle with her past, present and future indiscretions. Any and all of her failures will be nationally known, so if she does not do a sparkling job with the presidency, there will be a skyrocket in stereotypes that say woman are unfit for official positions. Looking at the long-term, I think electing her is really going to have negative repercussions for women equality.

I would like to see a woman President, I really would. It would be a great step forward for the women in our country who seek equality. And if you truly believe Hillary will be an amazing president (feminism aside), then, by all means, give her your vote. But keep in mind that it is going to be an extremely tough road for her. She is set up to fail, and if she does, it will be a disastrous setback for women.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That's great, fantastic even.
Now, if you could only not vote for either of these two misfits, and care about all people.

To each their own.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

If only... unfortunately we are stuck between a crock and an orange face.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

A crock and an orange face! Hahaha, that's the best thing I've heard all day!

I'm not sure I agree with all your reasoning, I'll have to go back and read again. But I think you may be right that if she sucks she will set the women's agenda back a notch.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

there will be a skyrocket in stereotypes that say woman are unfit for official positions.

I would say that that horse left the stable a long time ago and hasn't been seen again as of yet. matter of fact one of the arguments I am seeing from the christian mouthpieces to justify their support of trump is that the bible says the women shouldn't be in positions of leadership. which isn't exactly what the bible says but what the heck...
and there seems to be alot of christian "prophets" who are saying that trump is a sign of god's judgement on the US.
personally, I think that if the christian right actually manages to get trump into office, america deserves god's judgment.

in so many ways, the guy has shown himself to be the opposite of what a christian should be... to have so many in his church using his name to convince the church to vote for him, to the point of issuing god's condemnation to christians if they don't, well, god must be shaking his head in disbelief!

there was no man to be found worthy of the leadership position in this country, so god raised a women as a sign of judgement!! so, by all means, reject his judgement and face the consequences...
but that is just my take on the spiritual side of this, could be wrong I suppose.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: Black_Fox

If only... unfortunately we are stuck between a crock and an orange face.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That aside, this is an interesting take on the first female president thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If anything she is THE most qualified WOMAN to run for President. That doesn't mean she's the best possible Representative of Women, nor is she the best choice for President. However, currently, as in right now at this time, there isn't any other woman I can think of who has the experience of being a politician and knowing how to fight within that arena.

So I totally disagree. Although that doesn't mean I like her or want her as President, because I don't. But looking strictly at the question of "Who is the most experienced Woman right now with the Male Dominated arena of Politics??" It would have to be Hillary. If for no other reason than I can't even think of any other woman who's been as involved as her anywhere in politics.

That being said, I think Warren would get my vote before Hillary if she was running simply because I think Warren has better ethics, but she's not running so that's that. But even comparing Jill Stein and Hillary, Hillary just is more qualified in that she knows the game and how it's played better. Once again however, I think Stein is a much more ethical person and someone who actually cares personally about the people of the US more than Hillary does. But she doesn't know the political arena like Hillary and it would eat her up in a minute.

Hillary's already been fighting this battle for years. To get where she's at now has taken her more work and more sneaky double dealing, back stabbing and double crossing than any of the other Men who's she's surrounded by simply because she's a woman. I don't doubt her ability to fight just as hard and nasty as any man. In fact I worry more that she'll be too damn nasty and mean without pulling back.

Also, she doesn't represent all woman. Another thing that bothers me as well and proves the point of bias is that we are even discussing "Women" in general in this context. The fact that it's taken this long for a woman to seen as capable of holding the highest office is a disgrace actually and we should be ashamed of that kind of thinking.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
well, if you want to flip to the republican side, there is condi rice. I think she is more than qualified.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If anything she is THE most qualified WOMAN to run for President. That doesn't mean she's the best possible Representative of Women, nor is she the best choice for President. However, currently, as in right now at this time, there isn't any other woman I can think of who has the experience of being a politician and knowing how to fight within that arena.

So I totally disagree. Although that doesn't mean I like her or want her as President, because I don't. But looking strictly at the question of "Who is the most experienced Woman right now with the Male Dominated arena of Politics??" It would have to be Hillary. If for no other reason than I can't even think of any other woman who's been as involved as her anywhere in politics.

That being said, I think Warren would get my vote before Hillary if she was running simply because I think Warren has better ethics, but she's not running so that's that. But even comparing Jill Stein and Hillary, Hillary just is more qualified in that she knows the game and how it's played better. Once again however, I think Stein is a much more ethical person and someone who actually cares personally about the people of the US more than Hillary does. But she doesn't know the political arena like Hillary and it would eat her up in a minute.

Hillary's already been fighting this battle for years. To get where she's at now has taken her more work and more sneaky double dealing, back stabbing and double crossing than any of the other Men who's she's surrounded by simply because she's a woman. I don't doubt her ability to fight just as hard and nasty as any man. In fact I worry more that she'll be too damn nasty and mean without pulling back.

Also, she doesn't represent all woman. Another thing that bothers me as well and proves the point of bias is that we are even discussing "Women" in general in this context. The fact that it's taken this long for a woman to seen as capable of holding the highest office is a disgrace actually and we should be ashamed of that kind of thinking.

Fish Mooney has nothing on hillary.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I didn't say she wasn't qualified. In fact you are probably right in that she is the most qualified. What I said is that her failures will negatively affect public perception of women in office, and since it will be on a national level, the effects will be amplified.

You're disagreeing with a point I didn't make.

This thread is not about whether Hillary is qualified to be President.

Exactly. That's what I meant in saying, "she will continue to struggle with her past, present and future indiscretions."

I'm discussing stereotypes which obviously don't represent all people. That's why they are called stereotypes. I don't condone them, but that's the way our society works. It makes perfect sense that a woman failing as President would have an extreme effect on stereotypes of women in positions of power. I'm not trying to to discuss the morality of anything, purely the cause and effect of Hillary's presidency on women equality.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
How about we dont nominate or elect anyone due to their genitalia, rather if they are qualified and hold to our own personal political beliefs and/or wants/hopes. Elect the mind and heart, not the weewees or skin colors. Can we PUHLEASE get past this infantile sort of thinking?! WHo gives a damn about first woman prez or black prez or whatever prez. How about a GOOD prez... for the love of God grow up!

....and someone mentioned Warren? If I ever saw that moron Id kick her cultural appropriating lying ass.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

S&F because i am totally in agreement especially with

However, if Hillary wins, she will probably destroy any current positive perceptions of women in office.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
How about we dont nominate or elect anyone due to their genitalia, rather if they are qualified and hold to our own personal political beliefs and/or wants/hopes. Elect the mind and heart, not the weewees or skin colors. Can we PUHLEASE get past this infantile sort of thinking?! WHo gives a damn about first woman prez or black prez or whatever prez. How about a GOOD prez... for the love of God grow up!

....and someone mentioned Warren? If I ever saw that moron Id kick her cultural appropriating lying ass.

That sure would be ideal, wouldn't it? However, with political corruption and public stupidity, such a utopia will never exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That sure would be ideal, wouldn't it? However, with political corruption and public stupidity, such a utopia will never exist.

Utopia??? Expecting that adults look at actual issues and make actual decisions not based on a vagina or penis is some sort of utopia?? Good lord...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Fish Mooney would be the perfect Presidential Candidate. I doubt anyone would even try and run against her.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm discussing stereotypes which obviously don't represent all people. That's why they are called stereotypes. I don't condone them, but that's the way our society works. It makes perfect sense that a woman failing as President would have an extreme effect on stereotypes of women in positions of power. I'm not trying to to discuss the morality of anything, purely the cause and effect of Hillary's presidency on women equality.

What sucks though is that there are plenty of failures of Men Presidents but it doesn't effect them the same way. It's a bias which is simply grown within the culture itself. It shouldn't be that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Utopia??? Expecting that adults look at actual issues and make actual decisions not based on a vagina or penis is some sort of utopia?? Good lord...

You're cherry-picking your own quote to try and bash me. Cherry-picking BTW is a major problem with the media and is a huge reason why the public are misinformed, so please refrain from that and don't get emotional about this.

Anyway, you basically said we should not base nominations on gender or skin color, but instead on, "...if they are qualified and hold to our own personal political beliefs and/or wants/hopes. Elect the mind and heart..."

I somewhat sarcastically described that situation as a utopia. That must be lost on some people though...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You're cherry-picking your own quote to try and bash me. Cherry-picking BTW is a major problem with the media and is a huge reason why the public are misinformed, so please refrain from that and don't get emotional about this.

Anyway, you basically said we should not base nominations on gender or skin color, but instead on, "...if they are qualified and hold to our own personal political beliefs and/or wants/hopes. Elect the mind and heart..."

I somewhat sarcastically described that situation as a utopia. That must be lost on some people though...

Erm, stop being so damned sensitive.. this is a message board. No one was bashing you, trust me.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Erm, stop being so damned sensitive.. this is a message board. No one was bashing you, trust me.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

What sucks though is that there are plenty of failures of Men Presidents but it doesn't effect them the same way. It's a bias which is simply grown within the culture itself. It shouldn't be that way.

Absolutely. It shouldn't exist for men or woman. But it does, and it really should be taken into consideration in regard to this election and how it will likely hinder women more than help them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join