It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary never disclosed secret email server because 'they wanted to get away with it'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Another Podesta email discloses a conversation between Podesta and Neera Tanden from the Center for American Progress in March of 2015.

It's about the whole Hillary email setup and how Tanden was convinced the people involved with not releasing the emails were determined to get away with the whole thing.

Of course they didn't because an unknown hacker (at the time) exposed the whole thing and it took off like a rocket and led to all kinds of FOIA requests.

Tanden was actually in favor of handing all the emails over to the National Archives knowing a Clinton bid for the Presidency was happening.

Shows how infighting can happen anywhere.

So WHY did she think they wanted to get away with it?

She must have suspected something or actually knew something.

WikiLeaks bombshell: Clinton campaign chair's confidante said Hillary and her lawyers never disclosed secret email server because 'they wanted to get away with it'

A close confidante of Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman was convinced she 'wanted to get away with' keeping all her official emails on a private homebrew server, according to a stolen email released Tuesday by WikiLeaks.

In the message chain, Center for American Progress president Neera Tanden told Clinton chairman John Podesta – who was also the far-left group's board chairman – that Clinton should 'immediately' move to hand her entire email archive over to the National Archives.

The conversation came one day after The New York Times first published evidence of the former secretary of state's controversial email setup, which put her work-related correspondence outside the reach of officials who responded to Freedom of Information Act requests.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To be fair, Hillary is sort of transparent when she's caught red handed... I mean, she never denies the claims, but does say she doesn't recollect, and that's good enough for me.. Seems genuine and sincere..

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The thing I've never understood about all of this.... ALL OF THIS.... is why she would ever put herself in a position where she would have to "try to get away with" anything in the first place.

We all know it wasn't about "just using a single device." That has been demonstrated.

So I really, sincerely don't understand why she didn't simply use her "work e-mail" (home server or not) for "work stuff" and have a separate e-mail (perhaps [email protected]) for all of her other "fund raising" and "speaking fee" or other "maybe unethical/maybe illegal" stuff. Why wouldn't she do that?

I have two cell phones on my desk as I type this. One is work issued. One is my personal cell. It's been years and years and never has the information on the two mixed. Should there ever be an issue on a work related matter.... I can simply hand over my work issue phone and let "whomever" do whatever they want with it (e-mails, texts, whatever).... and they won't hear anything about "yoga routines" or "family weddings."

I hate to sound like a Hillary-basher (although in many ways I admittedly am).... but is she just plumb stupid or something? What the heck kind of judgement is that?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This probably isn't the last time I'll say this. Any Government emails sent to or from this email server would have been on public record from the backup on the sender / receiver.

This really is a non story blown up out of all proportion and sold to people who have no idea how email or backups work.

Even if she scrubbed the server, so what? The emails sent to and from it (if to or from a Government employee) would have been securely backed up and placed on the record from the other end. Only personal emails sent out of Government wouldn't be on the record, and they shouldn't be part of public record anyway.

This is another ridiculous scandal which only people who don't understand how complex systems work would think is a real scandal.

Even Benghazi was a dreamed up scandal. It was originally dreamed up to implicate Susan Rice, not Hillary Clinton, and as part of their own first investigation, REPUBLICANS admitted that they changed the timeline on their own emails to fit the narrative they wanted.

Most Republicans who listen to the far right media are ignorant of the facts and cherry pick history, as they cherry pick THe Bible, and the Constitution, for their own convenience and to fit to their agenda.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

To be fair, Hillary is sort of transparent when she's caught red handed... I mean, she never denies the claims, but does say she doesn't recollect, and that's good enough for me.. Seems genuine and sincere..

That's laughable. She gave lectures on cyber security yet she doesn't recall being trained in cyber security? Let me lecture people on cyber security but wait I don't recall my training for what makes me qualified to make such a lecture ah well. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Even if she scrubbed the server, so what? The emails sent to and from it (if to or from a Government employee) would have been securely backed up and placed on the record from the other end.

How would anyone know where/whom the "other end" is.....?

Only personal emails sent out of Government wouldn't be on the record, and they shouldn't be part of public record anyway.

An e-mail sent "out of Government" could include the alleged (and realistic, in my opinion) allegations of pay-for-play. THAT shouldn't be part of public record?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You seriously need to study all the FBI reports and all the laws pertaining to Archiving.

Take a look at all the court orders too.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

And to add. ANY and ALL emailS whether personal in nature or not that is sent from a government server is subject to the security protocols.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Some people like seeing how far they can go out on a limb without being caught. They get a "rush" and sense of satisfaction from being successful. I believe they're known as "dare devils". Hillary is a bend the rules, or break the law, dare devil.

If (God forbid) Hillary wins on election night, she'll probably have a Nasty Woman orgasm.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

And to add. ANY and ALL emailS whether personal in nature or not that is sent from a government server is subject to the security protocols.

Which lends credence to the OP's assertion that Hillary set up her private server so that it would NOT be a government server, subject to the same security protocols.

That being said, the moment she sent a single work-related e-mail from that account, the entirety of the account became subject to review.

As I mentioned earlier, I have two phones on my desk right now. The work phone is for work "stuff" and my private phone is for "private" stuff. If I were to send a SINGLE work related e-mail or text from my personal phone.... and for whatever reason there was a work related investigation.... I would be forced to hand over BOTH (and rightfully so).

Regarding people's assertion that she had the right to delete or not hand over what she "believed to be" personal e-mails.... that is just flat out wrong. It is not the place for the person being subpoenaed to decide what is and what isn't relevant to the investigation. That would literally be like telling officers conducting a search of one's home with a warrant that they can look anywhere in the house... except these three rooms. Not the choice of the person being served with the warrant.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Some people like seeing how far they can go out on a limb without being caught. They get a "rush" and sense of satisfaction from being successful.

Is that it? Or is it that she has gotten away with SO MUCH over such a long period of time that her default setting is, "Meh, I'll get away with this too.... if anyone ever bothers to find out"....? I sincerely don't know the answer to that. Perhaps it's a hybrid of the two.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What in the hell are you on about? Its against the law to mishandle classified material...period.

Shes the highest ranking diplomat in the country besides the potus...who btw is complicit. Of course she trafficked in classified material on an unsecure server...you can "say" whatever you want but youre wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The thing I've never understood about all of this.... ALL OF THIS.... is why she would ever put herself in a position where she would have to "try to get away with" anything in the first place.

In the olden days there would be what were called career politicians. It was their goal to remain in politics regardless what they had to do.

Hillary Clinton (and many other politicians nowadays) see politics as a gateway into business and wealth.

That is your answer.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

um.....no. That's not how it works.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
This probably isn't the last time I'll say this. Any Government emails sent to or from this email server would have been on public record from the backup on the sender / receiver.
No

This really is a non story blown up out of all proportion and sold to people who have no idea how email or backups work.
No

Even if she scrubbed the server, so what? The emails sent to and from it (if to or from a Government employee) would have been securely backed up and placed on the record from the other end.
No

Only personal emails sent out of Government wouldn't be on the record, and they shouldn't be part of public record anyway.
what?

This is another ridiculous scandal which only people who don't understand how complex systems work would think is a real scandal.
youre confused

Even Benghazi was a dreamed up scandal. It was originally dreamed up to implicate Susan Rice, not Hillary Clinton, and as part of their own first investigation, REPUBLICANS admitted that they changed the timeline on their own emails to fit the narrative they wanted.

No
edit on 25-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Duh? lol. I think us "deplorables" Get it. However the liberals chastise us deplorables as uncivilized and uneducated idiots. Whatever.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You raise an interesting point. I guess it's down to the psychopathic traits she has demonstrated over the years. The laws state that government documents remain on a secure sever..... she consideres herself above the law

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Hillary's Personal Server was a " Back Door " for Clandestine Communications among not Only Members of the Obama Administration , but also used for Clinton Foundation Shady Dealings not Appropriate for Official Government Channels Monitored by other Government Agencies .

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If (God forbid) Hillary wins on election night, she'll probably have a Nasty Woman orgasm.

x1000000

I just had a glimpse of Hillary wearing a strap on with a big cigar in her mouth while making Yoko Ono suck her toes.

What a dirty picture to put in my head Carewemust!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join