It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush seeks 80 billion more.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes seekerof, the war is becoming expensive I would not want our troops to go without what they need.

The next 80 millions is just part of the overall amount that the administration is seeking for.

Now I wish I knew this before I would have invested in euros back in the 95 when I was working for the AAA in their headquarters in Orlando, I remember the people that their way of business was trading money.

I remember one men told me that I should do it just in small amounts but occurs we were doing so good with the economy back them that I kind of let it go.

Even my husband was not interested. We did very good on our stocks in the late 90s we did not have a worry in the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

as posted by Marg
We did very good on our stocks in the late 90s we did not have a worry in the world.

Agreed, Marg, but then again, how many terrorist acts were committed in the 1990s with no real action taken against? So hypothetically, the money that we are now currently spending in Iraq, in Afghanistan, on Homeland Security, could have been spent back then to help prevent or deter a possible 9/11 type event? If so, how much of a dent or damper would that have made on the perception that things were good during the 1990s, being that we were running a surplus?

seekerof

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I can agree with SEEKEROF in that it does look like were are funding a giant welfare program in so called war on terror. The terror for me is that my tax dollars are going overseas to these people who have been fighting amognst themselves for 4 thou. yrs while we have our own major problems here to take care of first. Am I the only one who thinks of taking care of our own here first?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I see it the same way one thing is to take care of the terror and fighting terror but it seems that under the umbrella of 9/11 all these agencies to "answer directly to bush" are sprouting every where.

One thing is to spend money on security and another to waste money our tax payer money without taking care of our domestic problems yet.

That brings also a very painful reality bush has not done a thing for our domestic problems but empty promises.

Right now some states are starting to voice their concern on the lack of federal fund for programs, is this due to a delay or is our administration scraping money from every where to finance his war.

like i said a way back when the ball starts rolling it will come from the hill and into our state and local government eventually it will hit every home of hard working people in America.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't know what this means to you guys, but I decided that I am going to join the army today. So, I hope you guys don't mind paying a few extra tax dollars to buy me some armor and insure I have the best gear to work with. That's all I have to say.

Sep

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
@Styki good luck with your army career.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks, you know I am vary anti-war but this is was I feel like I was born to do. I want to be like that soldier in Black Hawk Down, the one that said he was trained to make a differance.

Sep

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
@Styki how old are you?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I don't know what this means to you guys, but I decided that I am going to join the army today. So, I hope you guys don't mind paying a few extra tax dollars to buy me some armor and insure I have the best gear to work with. That's all I have to say.

Right on Sty, Ill gladly pay up extra money....I joined up at 18 and the Army made a man outta me. Don't go into a Girly MOS, go into Infantry or Armor and give em Hell!

Good Luck out there son, shoot first and ask questions later.

BTW, I could give a RATS-A** if President Bush ask for 80 Billion dollers!! Wars ain't cheap and if anyone does'nt like it....MOVE TO CANADA!!! During WW II Americans bought war Bonds, conserved on meat, fuel and rubber to support our boys at the front......now, we're all spoiled ROTTEN and most of us have no concept of the sacrifices The Greatest generation went thru to win WW II

Screw the cost and screw the Liberals!!! We're going all the way with this one.

Maximu§

[edit on 24-1-2005 by LA_Maximus]

[edit on 24-1-2005 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Move to Canada? Sure, before Bush. Before when I could go up with ten bucks and live for a year without getting a job. But now? I take a million dollars up there and only have 5 bucks the dollar is turning into the dun. I swear, use to be able to go to Vietnam where a dollar was 15,000 dun, now its only 12,000 dun! That is 3,000 dun drop! Could buy a nice car for 2 bucks, now only a mid size suv. The world doesn't care though, with Bush in power they make more money, sure he may get an itch and invade them on lies and bs, but hey, they will have money, till he conquers the area and your money is turned into US Currency and your big stash turns into a bottle of pennies.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I just want to say that the US dollar drop is not a good sign. The FED is keeping the dollar "cheap" in order help the economy by increasing exports and by encouraging americans to buy american products. As so clearly mentioned, american products are bargains. This may seem like it helps the outsourcing problem by creating demand for american goods within america and thus help creat jobs... it doesn't necessarily.

Unfortunately, there is a huge trade deficit... meaning the US dollar buys less. Meaning its hurting businesses. The tax cuts dont make up for the loss of money internationally. Meanwhile, since other countries can buy american goods on the cheap, their standard of living is generally better. Sure, the amount of american goods imported is greater, but it still doesnt counter the massive trade deficit.

Not to mention investor confidence is still bruised in the US. International investment in US firms may seem more appealing now because of the exchange rate. However, this does nothing but hurt the outsourcing problem which was a major issue in the campaign.

I personally dont agree with Bush's economic direction. Trickle down economics has been proven failures twice in american history so far. First with hoover during the depression, then with reagan. It takes a looong time for it to effect the economy, and its impact isnt that strong. Im sure people are going to argue with me on this, but look at the economic strength of the country during those times... not good. Doing it again but more aggressively isnt going to change things imo.

It seems like another Stag-flation for those of you who know what that is.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nevermind me....Just wanted to say $80 billion......how many zeros are really going to our heros...lets see a U.S Soilder gets about 17,000.00 a year so that means we must have over 1 billion U.S,troops in IRAQ as I speak....Bull this war is over priced...

So where is this money really going to?
Bullets ,armour ? Come on in a war where u are going against rocks and home made bombs that take about 2.50 USD estimate to make or even half of that....

I guess that money really is for the over exaggerated security in Bush's Inagural parade......

Trust me I can have $100,000.00 usd and whoop them Iraquis with my army of choice, maybe even have 50,000.00 left over for a party....

Smart bombs to fight dumb enimies that aren't even threats, the average Joe Smoe in our Amerikaz is the threat....those crack heads, those muggers,those gang bangers, those crooked cops....these are just some of our real enimies,last but not least them crooked polictians as G.W.Bush!!!!

[edit on 25-1-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So, if thats for Iraq and Afghanistan alone, what would the additional cost of a full scale invasion in Iran or Syria be ?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
So, if thats for Iraq and Afghanistan alone, what would the additional cost of a full scale invasion in Iran or Syria be ?

Just wait for the additional money that is going to come after the this 80m is coming, probably before the summer, remember the plans are in the table for the summer.

Onces the "god sent" president commit itself to another assault the congress will have not other choices but to give him more "paper money" to finance what ever he does.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So it's about 300 billion dollars so far for Afghanistan and Iraq.

You probably won't end up paying for it, your children will. With the ballooning deficit and the Illegal War on Iraq, your "war-time President" is bankrupting your country and the true measure of the damage will only be realized years from now when the TRUTH about the things that the Administration has been burying because of "security concerns" are finally brought to light.

300 billion dollars to make war, and how much did the USA give to help with the Tsunami Victims?

jako

top topics

<< 1   >>

join