It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush seeks 80 billion more.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
olympics.reuters.com... ype=politicsNews&storyID=7413977

Hmmm... we need money to fund the war in Iran i guess...

More tax $$

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least ?

Hopefully we'll be back in Blighty by the end of the year so won't be affected by this bugger's tax demands. Why should peoples hard earned taxes be used to kill others ? Sod that idea. If he wants to improve the lives of people in America then fine, use the money for that. But no, this genocidal maniac can only think of death, death and more death. What a bunch of sick bastards this Adminstration is.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
olympics.reuters.com... ype=politicsNews&storyID=7413977

Hmmm... we need money to fund the war in Iran i guess...

More tax $$

Whether you know it or not, fighting a war is not cheap and yes, this war is necessary.

At all costs we will not back down from securing the Iraqi people a democracy that they so desperately need.

Iraq will become the model of a democracy in the middle of chaos and mayhem whether some people like it or not!

Why do you not feel that securing the Iraqi people with a democracy is not important?

Oh, please forgive me, you don't think it's important for Americans neither! (D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y that is!)

I forgot.

[edit on 24/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this great news keep at it bush
looks like more sh*te bush makes the US econemy and the lower the value of the USD goes.
the more bargins i find on Ebay from the US

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes I can see also Iraq turning into a loving Christian country also.

Yes let bush keep borrowing, let him keep putting the US in a hole, and let blame him for the down fall of the dollar.

Interlearthling have you being outside of the US lately and have change money for euro?

Get ready democracy in Iraq is worth every penny yours mine and heck everybody else at the expenses of our education, health care and retirements.

Yeah they are worth every penny occurs that 80 million does not include the next war yet.

I tell you is most be great to get money that you don't have. I see why bush could not make it as a business man he doesn't how to run a budged:@@

[edit on 24-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
this great news keep at it bush
looks like more sh*te bush makes the US econemy and the lower the value of the USD goes.
the more bargins i find on Ebay from the US

Hey that is no fair, shame on you, taking advantage of our poor dollar, see bush is doing you a favor while sucking the life out of us Americans.

I had a friend that came to visit from Spain she said that the reason she was able to travel is because her money was almost double due to the low on the dollar.

He is going to backrupt US the same way he did to his own business.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Intearthling...You've broken beyond the barrier of embracing ignorance and are on your way to winning the trip ATS promised as the price

What can i say. You shooshed me for awhile. Aspirins...where are my aspirins.....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey that is no fair, shame on you, taking advantage of our poor dollar, see bush is doing you a favor while sucking the life out of us Americans.

funny thing each time the dollor drops
its headline news here

so people know when to get a bargin

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I got an exchange rate of $1.92USD to £1 last year when I went out to see my younger Brother in Charlotte NC. Hoping to get about the same exchange rate this May too. Even the flight is cheap at around £250 return...cheaper than some European destinations

With a lot of central banks starting to ditch the USD in favour of the Euro, as a better rate of return, I can't see a rosy outlook for the US economy right now, although some people I see on other forums act like the US economy is fine and dandy under Bush and there's nothing to worry about

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least ?

Hopefully we'll be back in Blighty by the end of the year so won't be affected by this bugger's tax demands. Why should peoples hard earned taxes be used to kill others ? Sod that idea. If he wants to improve the lives of people in America then fine, use the money for that. But no, this genocidal maniac can only think of death, death and more death. What a bunch of sick bastards this Adminstration is.

It's not so much there doing it for the genocide alone, it's an expense in the quest for oil. Although, they have Iraq, so they have their foothold on the caspian sea, and the vast oil reserves of Iraq, so why Iran? The 'offical' reasons are even more dubious (Or as dubious, as everyone responsible admits the war was nothing to do with WMD's, which was the main reason).

What's worst is Bush is still in power. I'd like to think the vote was rigged, at least then I know the majority of the american people have common sense and are just like the rest of the world would be if under a pro puritianical-christian police state (There should have been mass protests at least about the patriot act). However from nearly every news scource I saw when people were being interviewed they said they were voting for bush. I remember an interview with one couple who said "Were safer under Bush."

Yeah, like a non jewish/black/gay/gypsie german during the rise of Hitler.

I know lots of people voted in the 2004 elections, but I seriously doubt that 51% of americans are gullible or machoistic to have voted for him again.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The lower dollar is U.S. policy, the fact that you Euros are buying more U.S. goods is proof it's working...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, my parrent in-laws bought his crap and voted on him, but I doubt it would've mattered if Kerry was chosen instead...

It seems presidents are nothing more than a figure head, a PR...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRS2117
It's not so much there doing it for the genocide alone,

Please if the US wanted to commit genocide there wouldnt be anyone alive in Iraq a week after the war started. We didnt even drop a single MOAB in the war.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The lower dollar is U.S. policy, the fact that you Euros are buying more U.S. goods is proof it's working...

Well, only if those goods we are buying are made in the US by American workers, not in Far Eastern / Asian states offering cheap labour, the US workforces having been laid off when their jobs were outsourced

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Intearthling...You've broken beyond the barrier of embracing ignorance

Hey! dg! Quit being vain and stop looking in that mirror! I am not in your mirror!

Stop talking to yourself, please!

Plus, I'm not embracing ignorance! I would never take up your bad habits!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

It's not so much there doing it for the genocide alone,

Please if the US wanted to commit genocide there wouldnt be anyone alive in Iraq a week after the war started. We didnt even drop a single MOAB in the war.

Was I being too vague? I said it wasn't for genocide. The war is a pr fiasco as it is. Killing thousands of Iraqi's isint genocide anyway. It's brutal mass murder that Saddam Huissen on a bad day wouldn't come close to.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

With a lot of central banks starting to ditch the USD in favour of the Euro, as a better rate of return, I can't see a rosy outlook for the US economy right now, although some people I see on other forums act like the US economy is fine and dandy under Bush and there's nothing to worry about

Well is very simple as long as you don't change money you will never know, unless the European community decide that they have enough and change their business currency.

So most Americans don't travel and don't play with currency exchange.

So only you my friends from the international community can enlighten us as the realities of the value of our beloved dollar.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

...and another thread goes off topic

The policy is not working as the Euros are not buying more from the US and the US trade deficit is growing, not shrinking.

US trade deficit at highest level ever.

Europa
EU25 trade was characterised by an increase in the EU25 surplus with the USA (+62.6 bn euro in January-October
2004 compared with +57.1 bn in January-October 2003)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Was I being too vague? I said it wasn't for genocide. The war is a pr fiasco as it is. Killing thousands of Iraqi's isint genocide anyway. It's brutal mass murder that Saddam Huissen on a bad day wouldn't come close to.

You stated it wasnt for " genocide alone" Implying that genocide was only on factor of others Oil,strategic location ect....

Saddam wouldn't come close huh
I think using gas on whole towns is pretty tame come to think of it.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Most of you are aware that the U.S. expenditure for the Vietnam War was "more than $150 billion"? This is based on the comprehensive research by George C. Herring, and was then published in his book, America's Longest War

If one was to account for inflation between now and then, how much would that $150 billion be inflated to? Granted one 'war' was far longer than another, but wanted to point this out for the heck of it.

Not that I am comfortable with this added $80 billion, nor am I trying to justify it (I simply wanted to give some comparative numbers), this amount added to what has already been allocated to and for Iraq would amount to what? $106 billion? $125-160 billion? Obviously this amount will and does fluctuate/vary between sources.
Just as an example, here is one source indicating roughly $151 billion+
Another says, At least $100 billion+
This one mentions $105 billion thus far

I guess what I am trying to point out is that 'war' or conflict, this day and age, is not cheap. It is quite an ongoing debate as to whether the war was right or wrong, justified or not, but regardless of such, there is no denying what I asserted above, that war is not cheap, and in fact, is quite expensive.
Another plausible question is whether $80 billion is enough? I believe this is the second time the administration has sought additional funding?
Second, being that we all know that not all the money is going strictly for military purposes, is the money worth being spent? Will the money also provide the Iraqi military and police force with adequate training and supplies (vests, etc.)? It almost seems that the 'war on terror' is amounting to a global welfare program, of sorts, but then again, being we are not apart of knowing exactly what is going through the minds of those asking, its hard to say, for me anyhow.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join