It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Gays ignore Trump outreach, 72 percent back Hillary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not sure how people feel about The Washington Examiner

But I thought I'd post this anyways.

I'm not sure if 72% is even that high for Democratic support from the LGBT community. 🏳️‍🌈
Maybe someone could enlighten me if I'm wrong on this, but I'd have expected it to be somewhere around 85-90%...

So if anything, from an outsiders perspective, this seems like a decent percentage for Trump to go up against.

Despite Donald Trump's embrace of the LGBTQ community at his Republican National Convention and credit for being the "most pro-LGBT nominee in GOP history," gays and lesbians are voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to a new survey.

I know there was talk after the tragic and still quite recent terror attack that it could work in favour of Trump, given his bombast.

What can't be denied is that even at 72%, Hillary isn't polling too well with the LGBT. 🏳️‍🌈

Trump made history at the summer GOP convention by talking about the LGBTQ community and featuring a gay speaker.

I'm guessing his selection of Pence for VP hasn't helped, but if Johnson/Stein & Trump manage to drain nearly 30% of the community that's quite a tell.

As for his selection of Pence, that may have been a bullet to the foot for Trump with females as well as LGBT who Pence is very strongly against.

Also up for debate is the Supreme Court nominations, that will surely play a huge factor given last years huge victory for gay marriage.

Time will tell if this is significant.
Let's keep it nice people, I'm sick of the mudpit.

Thanks for reading.
Peace.

edit on 25-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Words.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The poll is from Pew Research and is a hot cold poll.

LGB voters’ Democratic leanings are also on par with recent years. About eight-in-ten LGB registered voters (82%) now identify with or lean to the Democratic Party, while 18% identify with or lean to the GOP. This party balance is similar to patterns seen in a 2013 Pew Research Center survey of LGBT adults in which 79% of LGBT adults identified or leaned Democratic and 18% identified or leaned Republican.

And hasn't changed due to Trump or Clinton.

ETA- Also the LGBT community is less than 5% of the voting block. Not saying they aren't important, but statistically... they don't vote on LGBT lines typically.
edit on 25-10-2016 by thesungod because: eta

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It looks like the gay community is smarter and more educated than you suspected.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It looks like the gay community is smarter and more educated than you suspected.

Care to elaborate what you even mean by that.

I have no thoughts on how smart the LGBT community is at all.
So I'm confused by your remark.

Edit: I don't believe Hillary is a "smart" choice if that's what you're implying.

She is a warmonger.
To be honest I'm torn on the whole election.
Turd & Douche.
edit on 25-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hillary is just so FABULOUS!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Poor Milo. He shilled so hard.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'd say he did a pretty good job. Republicans have never had anywhere near as much support from the gay community.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Gays ignore Trump outreach

i missed him reaching out to gays, hasn't he been reaching for pussy?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hypocrites All . What about their Brethren in the Middle East who are being Persecuted Every Day ? Hillary has No Problem with Gays being put to Death over there I guess...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Most people who were going to vote progressive were going to vote that way no matter what anyone did on either side. Hillary could push gays off of buildings and they would still vote for her and Donald could have come out on national television, married Pence publicly and declared that he would hold anti-Christian pogroms once elected and they were still going to vote for Hillary.

Change like that does not come easy to anyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Most people who were going to vote progressive were going to vote that way no matter what anyone did on either side. Hillary could push gays off of buildings and they would still vote for her and Donald could have come out on national television, married Pence publicly and declared that he would hold anti-Christian pogroms once elected and they were still going to vote for Hillary.

Change like that does not come easy to anyone.

And I was just accused of underestimating the intelligence of gay people?

Surely you jest.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Intellect has little to do with it.

It's ideology, pure and simple. If you believe certain things to be correct, then you will back people who push those ideas, no matter what they do. We learned that when Bill Clinton was embroiled in a sex scandal and was still backed to the hilt by every radical feminist and abortion rights group out there.

He pushes the political things they care about, and they ignore the things that don't make sense - cognitive dissonance. But it furthers their agendas. It is pure political calculation and that is their intellect.

Same as I KNOW what I am voting for when I pull the lever for Trump. I am not getting a moral, values type candidate. But there are other things about his platform that will further my needs if they get enacted, and for now, that aligns with what I need and my family needs far more than anything Clinton offers anywhere in her agenda, so I ignore the scandal and vote.
edit on 25-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To be honest, the moment the Human Rights Council blindly endorsed Hillary they became a Traitor to our community only looking for a spot at the "Elite table" they don't represent Us.

It saddens me, those in our community who blindly follow Hillary as this LGBT+ Savior when she is backed and supported by the same Biggots we are fighting against, she is taking Money from countries that Kill us (LGBT+ People) who have no concern for Human Rights, or any kind of Dignity for that matter.

She is pandering to our Community once they found out that the LGBT+ Vote is a large percentage now and we ""Have"" a stronger voice, or at least more Visible.

She is no "Progressive" and the Democratic Party is no more supportive of our Rights than the Republican party, except the Republicans pander to the Religious right.

in around 30 States it is Legal to deny Jobs, Housing, Property, Public Accommodations and Services just for being LGBT+, also Adoption, Blood Donations, and AIDS.

if any "Political Party" was truly "For The LGBT+ Community" all of that would be changed

As far as Trump, the moment he Got Pence as his VP his credibility for being for the LGBT+ community is disregarded, also him speaking at an Anti LGBT+ Rally in Orlando just proves his true colors

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

So instead you expect them to vote for the party that openly opposes them right here? Republicans & conservatives have consistently opposed measures to help the LGBT community. Or are they supposed to forget that?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm kinda surprised... I didn't think Trump had a LGBT outreach. When I scan for LGBT outreach efforts by Trump, all I see is mostly that he said he "was an ally" after the Orlando attack... and that was it.

The Republicans aren't real LGBT positive - I'm kind of surprised that he even gets 20%.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He's sitting at 13% according to the source.

I think Johnson & Stein are taking the other 15%.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

According to some, there is a difference between gays and men who have sex with other men though. If you support Trump you cannot be gay, but only a man who has sex with other men. I'm not sure how this factors in to your conclusions.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

that Article has moments of clarity amongst a Verbal-Salad of Nonsense.

It seems there is a growing movement for the LGBT+ people to be assimilated into the "Heteronormative Space"

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So instead you expect them to vote for the party that openly opposes them right here? Republicans & conservatives have consistently opposed measures to help the LGBT community. Or are they supposed to forget that?

Those are the neocons. They are opposing Trump right now.

It is a grave misconception to associate the anti-gay baggage of the previous GOP with the Trump campaign. I mean the man got up at the RNC and said that 'we will do everything in our power to protect our LGBTQ citizens' and he got a standing ovation.

He's also the first person to ever get up at the RNC and make a positive case for gays, all-inclusive you could say.

But nobody in the media likes to see it that way. All they could talk about was Pence and the Religious Freedom Act.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Didn't Trump Pledge to sign the FADA though?
edit on 25-10-2016 by XAn0nym0usX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join