It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Could be Bad News for the Media and Not Just MSM

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well with proof from all the leaked emails from various places, I would say Trump's "opponent" has already been doing the 1984 thing.

This CNN article is a perfect example of another rubber band stretched and broken from dry rot.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Don't be silly. Obama didn't "start" anything Orwellian. He started affordable health care in the backassward USA (oooh, how spooky is that!).

"Affordable" health care.

Obama administration confirms double-digit health care premium hikes in 2017

WASHINGTON (AP) — Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That's sure to stoke another "Obamacare" controversy days before a presidential election.

Before taxpayer-provided subsidies, premiums for a midlevel benchmark plan will increase an average of 25 percent across the 39 states served by the federally run online market, according to a report from the Department of Health and Human Services. Some states will see much bigger jumps, others less.

Moreover, about 1 in 5 consumers will only have plans from a single insurer to pick from, after major national carriers such as UnitedHealth Group, Humana and Aetna scaled back their roles.

edit on 25-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TheBulk
So, the press is ok now acting as the propaganda arm of the Democrat party and the political left?

First off all, they are not. The ones that were conservative or liberal before, still are.

This is not about that.

They absolutely are. Like someone else mentioned, its downright Orwellian.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well with proof from all the leaked emails from various places, I would say Trump's "opponent" has already been doing the 1984 thing.

This CNN article is a perfect example of another rubber band stretched and broken from dry rot.

I am trying to make this an email free zone. Please xuen?

It is not just the 1990 video. On it's own that is nothing. I have compared it to the present.
edit on 25-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think that you're really reaching, here--many people in the public eye have a distaste for the media and how they are prone to asking asinine questions, or repetitive questions that have already been answered, or how they spin answers to questions in order to create a false narrative, etc., etc.

This in no way equates to him having some agenda to erode the freedom of the press or free speech, and honestly, I find it in poor taste to demean people for walking away from "interviewers" (more like "temporary questioners") and then to make that fit into some sort of conspiracy theory.

But then again, with Trump or Hillary, anything is possible when it comes to the erosion of our rights when they become president, so...

"You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right." -- Billy Joel

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

LOL! So taking this with your earlier comment of "global establishment isn't part of the OP" comment, it seems that you're essentially saying "Hey, if you only look at this the way I am, you'll agree with me." OK, reldra... :rolleyes

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I understand what you are saying. Spin is put on almost anything. I think someone once accused me of beiong CTR on here, for example (it may have been something else, not sure), but I didn't threaten to sue them.

I don't think I am reaching, though. In regard to my OP, looking at his personality, it is a distinct possibility.

And I am thinking about large and small media.

I take that seriously. Seeing that video i connected dots to his recent statements and I was truly alarmed. This is not a 'hit Trump thing'.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It is not just the 1990 video. On it's own that is nothing. I have compared it to the present.

So sorry !!

I was just addressing the topic as you mentioned Trump's opponent.

By the way, what could Trump do as President to stop all his criticisms in the MSM ?

What exactly are you so scared of ?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

LOL! So taking this with your earlier comment of "global establishment isn't part of the OP" comment, it seems that you're essentially saying "Hey, if you only look at this the way I am, you'll agree with me." OK, reldra... :rolleyes

No I am not. There are plenty of places here to talk about the latest email drop and the NWO/TPTB.

If you want to disagree, please disagree about Trump. Disagree that he will not move against the media if President. That sort of thing.

He has said many times that if he becomes President he will take action against 'the media'. Pretty broad statement.

That is what is being discussed. It is the topic at hand in this space.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't know she is coordinating with the press.

and of course I deny ignorance.

LOL.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So sorry !!

I was just addressing the topic as you mentioned Trump's opponent.

By the way, what could Trump do as President to stop all his criticisms in the MSM ?

What exactly are you so scared of ?

I probably shouldn;t have put that line in, though true, it opened many doors.

I don't know what he could do. He has said he will take 'action'. God only knows what he means. He is never very clear.

Executive Orders? If he has a Reublican house and Senate laws could be passed to restrict the media. Especially if he helps a conservative SCOTUS get placed. It happens in other countries.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No I am not. There are plenty of places here to talk about the latest email drop and the NWO/TPTB.

If you want to disagree, please disagree about Trump. Disagree that he will not move against the media if President. That sort of thing.

He has said many times that if he becomes President he will take action against 'the media'. Pretty broad statement.

My point is the media isn't a free and independent media. Given that, one of the reasons I'm voting for him is because the media NEEDS to be kissed by a cleansing flame. The owned dregs and puppets of the globalist establishment need to be chased out with torches and pitchforks and replaced with honest to goodness independent journalists.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't know she is coordinating with the press.

and of course I deny ignorance.

LOL.

Thank you for your detailed and thought provoking reply. I will have to research the accuracy on that one.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

My point is the media isn't a free and independent media. Given that, one of the reasons I'm voting for him is because the media NEEDS to be kissed by a cleansing flame. The owned dregs and puppets of the globalist establishment need to be chased out with torches and pitchforks and replaced with honest to goodness independent journalists.

it is more free than most places in the world. I think you are spoiled. We have everything from CNN to Conservative Daily review (I think that is a real one).

'Kissed by a cleansing flame'????? Wow.

We will never replace all media with independents. I am worried about the independents also, in Trumnp's case.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

it is more free than most places in the world.

We're not in "most places in the world" are we? What's wrong with being #1 again?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

We're not in "most places in the world" are we? What's wrong with being #1 again?

We might even be #1 in media freedom.

again "I think you are spoiled. We have everything from CNN to Conservative Daily review (I think that is a real one). "

Lol, it is a real one and looks as crazy as it sounds. but we have it to look at if we so choose.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It can be argued that some of todays "Media" is no longer the Free Press, they are bought and paid for so no Freedom of the Press constitutional protections are in place and never were for paid political advocates. Collusion with Hillary's campaign forfeits their rights.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It can be argued that some of todays "Media" is no longer the Free Press, they are bought and paid for so no Freedom of the Press constitutional protections are in place and never were for paid political advocates. Collusion with Hillary's campaign forfeits their rights.

You must be spoiled too. The major outlets have always have had some political bent or another. Hillary Clinton did not change that.

And look at this again:

"I think you are spoiled. We have everything from CNN to Conservative Daily review (I think that is a real one). " Lol, it is a real one and looks as crazy as it sounds. but we have it to look at if we so choose.

if the media becomes restrained, by someone like Trump, prone to lawsuits and hissy fits, then we will have a big problem. A real problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Being #1 is a cardinal sin against diversity!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Being #1 is a cardinal sin against diversity!

Umm...nope. LOl. I am liberal, not non competitive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join