It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS Knew About Emails !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Depending on what e-mail utility you are using, it doesnt always show the email address of the person sending you an email, many just show the name.

I've only seen this happen between correspondents on the same email network.

Can you give me the name of an email utility that does this regardless of the email networks used to send and receive?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So this isn't about Obama receiving emails from Hillary and knowing she used a private server while sending the emails?

He already admitted that he knew he received emails from her private server from time to time. He's trying to make us all believe he had no idea what else she used that server for until it came out on the news. And Hillary is claiming she shouldn't have to know what is and is not classified information ( maybe they should have a test before one gets appointed to that position?)

Again, these people aren't that stupid. Call it speculation... That's fine. We're either electing negligent people or liars (or both)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Obama and Hillary are Members of the Same Club . Pathological Liars Anonymous . They both cannot Help it , Power does that to Some People ..........

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: underwerks

Knowing about your Sec of State's private email account has nothing to do with network security. Again, to me, he is either complicit or ignorant. The safe route, and the one he is taking here, is ignorance. I tend to think he's smarter than that, but what do I know?

My assumption is that they wouldn't have been scrambling to try to "clean things up" if there was nothing that needed hiding to cover anyone's tail.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

He's trying to make us all believe he had no idea what else she used that server for until it came out on the news.

You think he did know that the server wasn't being properly backed up on a .gov server?

I can't imagine that the President of the United States would be bothered with server protocol or how and when servers were being backed up. Again, I would imagine that would be something that would be left up to and monitored by NSA, Secret Service or White House Security IT guys.

And Hillary is claiming she shouldn't have to know what is and is not classified information

I don't think that's what she said. I believe that you're referring to her not being able to know that something will be "classified" at some later date, which is what happened to both Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice.

he emails were discovered during a State Department review of the email practices of the past five secretaries of state. It found that Powell received two emails that were classified and that the "immediate staff" working for Rice received 10 emails that were classified.

The information was deemed either "secret" or "confidential," according to the report.

"Based on the department's responses and findings to date, additional potential classified material and/or highly sensitive information not intended for distribution may reside in the Department's unclassified paper and electronic archives associated with Secretaries Powell and Rice and their respective staff," a memo about the report said. In all the cases, however -- as well as Clinton's -- the information was not marked "classified" at the time the emails were sent, according to State Department investigators.
www.cnn.com...

edit on 25-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I can't imagine that the President of the United States would be bothered with server protocol or how and when servers were being backed up. Again, I would imagine that would be something that would be left up to and monitored by NSA, Secret Service or White House Security IT guys.

And one of those guys would let him know that Hillary was conducting official business on her private email server, don't ya think? If there are no controls in place for this sort of thing, then that's even scarier than having lying leaders.

I don't think that's what she said. I believe that you're referring to her not being able to know that something will be "classified" at some later date, which is what happened to both Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice.

If you are Sec State you should know what might be classified whether it's marked or not. A smart person would err on the side of caution and not correspond with such information. A sneaky, lazy or ignorant person would not care and... here we are.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It certainly may be plausible.

many email programs may only show the name of the sender at times. for example all he may see is Hillary Clinton. And if he wanted to see the the email address he'd have to click the name to get the email address.

Here's an outlook example that shows both.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

And one of those guys would let him know that Hillary was conducting official business on her private email server, don't ya think?

Uh uh. She could use her private server. She just needed to back everything up on a .gov server. That's an easy fix for those in the know. Not something the President of the US should or would get involved in.

If you are Sec State you should know what might be classified whether it's marked or not.

It seems that 5 Secretaries of State had the same problem. Again:

The emails were discovered during a State Department review of the email practices of the past five secretaries of state. It found that Powell received two emails that were classified and that the "immediate staff" working for Rice received 10 emails that were classified.

The information was deemed either "secret" or "confidential," according to the report.

"Based on the department's responses and findings to date, additional potential classified material and/or highly sensitive information not intended for distribution may reside in the Department's unclassified paper and electronic archives associated with Secretaries Powell and Rice and their respective staff," a memo about the report said. In all the cases, however -- as well as Clinton's -- the information was not marked "classified" at the time the emails were sent, according to State Department investigators.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Right.. most email clients just show the name, not the email addy behind it (which is why you never believe the email name). I've received lots of virus laden email from myself over the years asking me to click on links

Hillary's private email server and address had to be white-listed at the WH servers in order for the pres to receive them, otherwise he would not know he was really communicating with Hillary. So, the Sec of State had two email addresses/servers that she communicated with, IT gladly white-listed the private server so the Pres could communicate with her via that channel, and no one thought to look into why she was using a private server in addition to her government provided email.

Plausible, not not likely the real story.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It certainly may be plausible.

many email programs may only show the name of the sender at times. for example all he may see is Hillary Clinton. And if he wanted to see the the email address he'd have to click the name to get the email address.

Here's an outlook example that shows both.

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to provide some context for that "John Smith" email address.

WTH does that random pic show?

Did someone make that address up on their email server for some visual aid purpose?

Because that is the only circumstance I have seen only a name (no email address) show up in my inbox -- because we are on the same server.

From outside servers, the email address is always shown.

I'd like to know what email utility defies the rule I am familiar with.

edit on 25-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wait...we are not talking about the inbox list of names shown, correct? Clearly, the entire email address is rarely shown in the general inbox view.

Whenever I actually open an email though, I see the name AND the email address unless I am on the same email network as the sender -- at the top.

edit on 25-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
lol... just like i said in a previous thread

when evidence is literally in front of their eye, hillbots will still deny and deflect

lost cause imo

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli>>> To be fair to Obama and to actually defend him, the guy is a lackwit who is completely out of the loop on everything. He knows what they tell him he knows and says what they tell him to say. I have no doubt he finds many things out by reading them in the newspaper.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Obama and Hillary are Members of the Same Club . Pathological Liars Anonymous . They both cannot Help it , Power does that to Some People ..........

All in it together , hope Obama only gets 35 years tho ,

Hilary can fry

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: Denoli>>> To be fair to Obama and to actually defend him, the guy is a lackwit who is completely out of the loop on everything. He knows what they tell him he knows and says what they tell him to say. I have no doubt he finds many things out by reading them in the newspaper.

He was just a puppet , so is Hilary .
Who's the puppeteer?

Putin must be pissing himself .

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
This proves nothing about Obama...

Depending on what e-mail utility you are using, it doesnt always show the email address of the person sending you an email, many just show the name.

So what if the POTUS one only shows from HILLARY CLINTON

Then Obama would have no idea unless he cared to go into those details.

Maybe at Walmart .

NOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE FFS

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So Obama found out about Hillary's emails by hearing it on the news? How dare he?

Yeah, he gets all the news from TV.

A Stranger to His Own Presidency: All Those Times Obama 'Heard About It On the News' in 59 Seconds

ijr.com...

Washington Free Beacon came up with this great video showing all the times President Obama and his Press Secretary heard about any and all scandals involving the Obama administration 'on the news.' Let's just say that Obama's constant posturing as an outsider in his own presidency, instead of just taking responsibility and acting like a leader, is getting a bit predictable. Maybe he should try LinkedIn and get to know some of the people who are running his administration?

edit on 10 26 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Comforting to know that when the Russians launch a nuclear attack, he will hear about it on the news....

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

FoxNews is reporting that Obama knew that Hillary was transmitting messages from her home server, because she was "Whitelisted" on his Blackberry.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

I don't quite understand the significance of this, but FoxNews seems to think it's a "smoking gun" of sorts. What do you all think?

-cwm

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
There have already been sources revealing that Obama and Hillary used pseudonyms when communicating. Of course Obama knew. He was probably doing the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join