It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Really Stupid Enough To Choose Between These Two?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: XAn0nym0usX

Yeah, apparently we the People love dictatorships. You know, don't go past the red line, don't ask too many questions, don't challenge authority.

Keep your eyes on what they approve of and don't look at what really goes on.

Americans love control.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If America installed "Ranked-Voting" I think those Numbers would change.

The Green-Party is also extremely Under-represented, especially with these "Laws" of needing a certain percentage to be invited to the debates (set by the DNC and GOP). if you are on enough Ballots to be able to technically get elected (the Green-Party was) then you should automatically be allowed in the debates. the Public has a Right to know 'Who' they are Voting for

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

True and 100% correct. However at least I would have a clear conscience about it. Then again what is the point anyway when the electoral college holds the reins in who gets in office?

100 million votes or not. Won't mean a dang thing when electoral college will vote with the opposite of the public favorite just to spit in our faces.

What makes you think they'll do that? You need some schooling in how the Electoral College works and why it is the way it is. Read About It Here. The Electoral College is not the problem here. The voters are. The major parties are. The MSM is. But not the Electoral College.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How are the voters the problem? 90% of us didn't vote the main party candidates into these positions. I never even got to vote on that.

Granted most of the voting base is ignorant but don't give them all the credit.
edit on 25-10-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

If you walk into a shop and you don't fancy what they have on sale.

You walk back out again.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So i suppose you're willing to take all of our SJWs, progressives, and American haters in mass deportations to the U.K,and not to worry this will cause very little disparity among demographics there, as strangely the majority of those mentioned are white.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How are the voters the problem? 90% of us didn't vote the main party candidates into these positions. I never even got to vote on that.

Are you sure about that? 90% did NOT vote the main party candidates into these positions? I seem to remember some primary elections back a few months ago when a whole lot of people voted. Maybe it wasn't 90%, but it surely wasn't 10% either, so I can't take your statement seriously. LIV's--Low Information Voters--decide the election. The campaign ads are directed at the lowest common denominator. And given the ignorance shown here on ATS over how the election actually works, there are a whole lot of them. When a woman yelled at Adalai Stevenson, "You have the vote of every thinking person!" he yelled back, "Madam, that is not enough. We need a majority."
edit on 10/25/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/25/2016 by schuyler because: read percentages incorrectly, fixed.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: alldaylong

So i suppose you're willing to take all of our SJWs, progressives, and American haters in mass deportations to the U.K,and not to worry this will cause very little disparity among demographics there, as strangely the majority of those mentioned are white.

I would love to accommodate your idea.

However UKIP would tell you that The U.K is full.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I never got a choice to pick on who should be nominated as the main candidate so yeah. I had nothing to do with it so you can stop blaming the majority of us regular folk. I work for a living, thank you.

I dont know who I am voting for.

It's obvious from your response that you're an idiot.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That was shillaryously trumphetant.

I'll vote for open source everything, direct democracy and a basic income for every human on this planet. Brought to us by the ultra ultra rich and our financial elite, 2008 payback time. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I've been saying this all along.... We really can do better, but honestly US citizens are pacified by sound bites, coddled by media, we take pills to relieve our "jimmy legs" or even just to sleep, and are not even being taught to think critically anymore. What do you expect?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You calling me an idiot is worth as much weight as me wiping my butt with tiolet paper. Good luck proving that. Making assumptions just make you look like an ass even more.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pete the Cat for President!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes we are. We nominated them....Thats right. Neither one is fit. One is old school underhanded politics...and the other underhanded old school businessman...with zero political experience.

One a lawyer, a senator and a Secretary of State..the other a privileged golden spoon rich kid businessman who is into "building" real estate and hasnt a clue to laws and what as President he can...and cannot do...legally.

Abandon all hope...all is lost. But we put ourselves into this mess....and there is no way out...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Are We Really Stupid Enough To Choose Between These Two?

Yes.

Because we don't even question their supposed differences, we just consume all of the "information" fed to us by the media and spit out the programmed result.

Input/Output.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That's exactly how voters are part of the problem. the idiot public blabbers on about the lesser of two evils every year, but won't even vote in the primaries. I read that only 9% of the public voted for Trump and Clinton during the primaries. The remaining 91% acts like they have Stockholm syndrome and goes along with whatever the 9% decides.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You calling me an idiot is worth as much weight as me wiping my butt with tiolet paper. Good luck proving that. Making assumptions just make you look like an ass even more.

Again.....idiot....smh

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
This will get lost in the shuffle, but that's ok. Ladies and gentlemen, we are f@$%&! no matter which candidate wins. Hillary broke the law.......wow big friggin news flash. You think trump hasn't???????

Are you waiting for a savior? I've got news for you......they ain't it.

Arguing over which one is better......
Holy $h!+, give it a rest and get ready, you're about to take one where the sun don't shine no matter who wins.

PS
If you're arguing for either candidate, you're part of the damn problem.

Solong
I have been voting against the Democrats for years...In Trump I have found a candidate I can actually vote for...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAn0nym0usX

If America installed "Ranked-Voting" I think those Numbers would change.

The Green-Party is also extremely Under-represented, especially with these "Laws" of needing a certain percentage to be invited to the debates (set by the DNC and GOP). if you are on enough Ballots to be able to technically get elected (the Green-Party was) then you should automatically be allowed in the debates. the Public has a Right to know 'Who' they are Voting for

This

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Even worse than you think

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join