It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump denounces Obamacare, while touting his golf course in Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Your citation refers to opinion 2 years after the health care reform mandate and after the Republicans vowed to block and destroy anything that Obama tried to do. It's the Republican's handiwork that's receiving the poor reviews in 2010 and now.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So what ....a 90% enrollment not in ACA would be good. No lies. I do not care if you do not believe me. I have worked in this industry for 20 years as a HRIS consultant so I know what I am talking about in the corporate world. The only time you would see premium different is maybe for Life Insurance. Businesses get discounts for the more they enroll so many times they will take the hit with the premiums. However, with the ACA, many employers dropped people to less than 30 hours and paid a fine. It was cheaper to pay the fine in some cases.

What they are referring to is individual coverage where a person could charge based on age, sex and pre-existing conditions. That would not apply here with what he is talking about. Also, they do not tell you that many women pay less in the individual market. About 5% of women will purchase from the individual market.

I blame Nancy Pelosi...don't read it pass it, right? Idiots all of them.....Louise Slaughter is the one who created this gem by the way....

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Byrd

Okay, what is wrong with golf?

Did I miss something?!

Golf is the Devil's Tool!!! It begins with G and that rhymes with T and you know what THAT SPELLS? (part of the "Trouble in River City" song from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical, "The Music Man" (for those of you who may not have the same taste in entertainment)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Please spend a minute on the page I linked to, the pole was in 2016. Although they did reference the 2010 ACA law.

It's the Republican's handiwork that's receiving the poor reviews in 2010 and now.

Again Obama could have and should have vetoed the bill if it wasn't what he wanted. The buck stops with him.

You forget that the dems and repubs put their collective heads together and the ACA was born. Then the vote came and the dems were dumb enough to vote for it and the repubs bailed and not one of those idiots voted for it.

Are you saying that the repubs that didn't vote this bill into law are the ones that are to blame?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And if you still believe the gov't drivel read this...

kff.org...

Of these major cities, the places with the largest increases in the unsubsidized second-lowest silver plan were Phoenix, AZ (up 145% from $207 to $507 per month for a 40-year-old non-smoker), Birmingham, AL (up 71% from $288 to $492) and Oklahoma City, OK (up 67% from $295 to $493). Meanwhile, unsubsidized premiums for the second-lowest silver premiums will decrease in Indianapolis, IN (down -4% from $298 to $286 for a 40-year-old non-smoker), Cleveland, OH (down -2% from $234 to $229), and Providence, RI (down -1% from $263 to $261) and increase just 1% in Little Rock, AR (from $310 to $314).

Looks like he was not lying...this is just one low level plan. A Silver plan. They are also wrapping in those who can get a credit based on income which is under 30k. They see no change but the regular middle class family is screwed.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Are you saying that the repubs that didn't vote this bill into law are the ones that are to blame?

I'm saying that the Republicans under Obama's tenure vowed to be, and succeeded in being, the most obstructive congress in history, blocking and destroying everything that Obama and the Dems tried to do, at the detriment of the welfare of the American people!

edit on 25-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So, not answering questions huh?

I think:
the repubs are to blame

I think the dems are to blame

I think the POTUS should have vetoed this bill if it isn't what he wanted.

Your devotion to the democrat "club" is admirable, but you are not looking at the issue objectively.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I answered your question. Not sorry that you don't like the answer.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ok, a simple yes or no.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
More information from the Political Speech Disguised as an Event Opening (or maybe it was vice-versa.

Main sources are Politico and HuffPo, but there are many others as well.

“And I can say all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare. You folks, this is another group. Is that a correct statement?” he said, gesturing to the crowd. “You look at what they’re going through with their health care is horrible because of Obamacare."
source

BUT....

And apparently, the Trump Organization offers quality health insurance! Good for the Trump Organization! This is how one leading expert in workplace benefits described it to Salon earlier this year:

The Trump Hotel’s insurance is pretty good, according to Paul Fronstin, director of the Health Research and Education Program at the Employee Benefit Research Institute. He reviewed a copy of the Trump International Hotel Las Vegas health benefits guide that the union provided to Salon.

“The premiums are below average,” says Fronstin. “Some might consider this a Cadillac plan.”

So which is it?

Are all the employees on Obamacare and having trouble with it?

Or are they all on the Trump Insurance (and having problems with it?)

Are they having problems?

Moments later, Trump appeared to contradict himself, stating that his employees don’t have to deal with Obamacare exchanges because his corporation provides them with health care coverage.

That's pretty interesting... a 180 degree switch within 10 minutes from "all his employees are having trouble with Obamacare" to "Trump provides the employees with health care (and has done so since before Obamacare laws)"

They can't both be true.

edit on 25-10-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Exactly, And instead of trying to find a way to help that small percentage of people with pre-exiting conditions, they screwed the entire middle class to help those few people. Think about this for a moment. An extra $200 per person, per month, every month, until next year, then rates go up another 25% minimum, and you may get a choice of 1 company. 1.

You can try to spin the rest of it anyway you like, but facts will be facts long after Obama leaves office.

SIck people are already sick, there is no table of people who will avoid an illness. They all represent higher costs, and have to be taken onto the rolls. There is no helping those people, either society covers their medical bills, or they die from a lack of medical coverage. It's one or the other. If you want to insure everyone, then it means insuring those who are a guaranteed cost on the system as well.

Single payer would fix it. But that's all that can fix it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

They can't both be true.

Perhaps with Trumps lack of political spin talk he was referring to all of his employees that had to use Ocare. He is not a seasoned liar er politician who has to read from a script to impress the audience. Most of what he says are his thought or feeling toward a given subject and not something researched to promote the most favorable response. His biggest failing IMO is that he speaks too quickly on a subject. But then again as an intelligent individual who does not have to take every word literally and is able to discern(for example the above statement "all of my employees") the difference, it is what I like most about him.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join