It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump didn't believe in deporting hard working illegal immigrants in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just 4 years ago, Trump had a drastically different position on illegal immigration than he does now.

We all know his rhetoric now...Build A Wall...Illegals Are Rapist...Bad Hombres...Deport Them All.

However, in 2012 The Donald had a very different view on undocumented immigrants.

Trump in 2012 on deporting many undocumented immigrants: I don't believe in that

Asked about his views on immigrant labor, Trump said, "You know my views on it and I'm not necessarily, I think I'm probably down the middle on that also. Because I also understand how, as an example, you have people in this country for 20 years, they've done a great job, they've done wonderfully, they've gone to school, they've gotten good marks, they're productive — now we're supposed to send them out of the country, I don't believe in that, Michelle, and you understand that. I don't believe in a lot things that are being said."

WHAT???

This was ONLY 4 YEARS AGO. How can a man make such a drastic change in his beliefs about this issue in just 4 years?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Just 4 years ago, Trump had a drastically different position on illegal immigration than he does now.

We all know his rhetoric now...Build A Wall...Illegals Are Rapist...Bad Hombres...Deport Them All.

could you please cite his exact words on this? I seem to remember they were vastly different than what you posted here.

lying to make your point only makes you look like an idiot.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I don't believe all the same things I believed four years ago either.

At least he doesn't use focus groups, opinion polls and accept dirty money to form his positions like Hillary.
edit on 2016/10/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A lot of things have changed in the past 4 years ya know..

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think that those observations were the expedient thing for him back then. Now though he panders to the 'toss em out' crowd to build his base.

Oh and also, now he says that Mexico will 're-emburse' us for building the wall. In essence, this means that the US will build and pay for his wall and then, Mexico will pay us back. Yeah, like that is gonna happen.
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I think that those observations were the expedient thing for him back then. Now though he panders to the 'toss em out' crowd to build his base.

Oh and also, now he says that Mexico will 're-emburse' us for building the wall. In essence, this means that the US will build and pay for his wall and then, Mexico will pay us back. Yeah, like that is gonna happen.
www.businessinsider.com...

You WANT open borders?

Clearly you have never been to Mexico, outside of Motelxico.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks like more hoax-quoting and out of context dreck from CNN as usual.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Freaking amazing isn't it. The hypocrisy of Trump. He is just as bad as Clinton.

Both of their stances have "evolved", but neither can point to anything positive for themselves.

I wonder if Trump has public and private position on this like Clinton does on others?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't believe all the same things I believed four years ago either.

At least he doesn't use focus groups, opinion polls and accept dirty money to form his positions like Hillary.

You don't think he changed his message on this to cater to the Right Wing???

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't know how anyone can believe this idiot without keeping a straight face! He's been caught numerous times saying one thing and than saying the complete opposite. I can hear it now...but, but, but this was back in 2012! During the primaries, he would say or deny he said one thing and say the complete opposite only a week later! This guy is a habitual liar and con artist.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Because he found his target group... gullible deplorables. Trump TV coming soon... he's gonna be making billions off you paranoid fools for the next 20 years then his kids will.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Oh, hello pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle - you should get along just fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: kruphix

could you please cite his exact words on this? I seem to remember they were vastly different than what you posted here.

lying to make your point only makes you look like an idiot.

The words are the same here, of course you don't need to believe it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How so?

What do you think is out of context on this direct quote from Trump?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't recall trump being a politician in 2012. Maybe he didn't know the Obama was rushing applications, granting amnesty and millions of work permits for every illegal he possibly can. At a time of economic decline and turmoil.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
I don't recall trump being a politician in 2012. Maybe he didn't know the Obama was rushing applications, granting amnesty and millions of work permits for every illegal he possibly can. At a time of economic decline and turmoil.

What does it matter if he was a "politician" or not?

Regardless, Trump has publicly stated about the idea of running for president before, during, and after 2012.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trump floated the idea of running for president in 1988, 2004, and 2012, and for Governor of New York in 2006 and 2014, but did not enter those races. He was considered as a potential running mate for George H. W. Bush on the Republican Party's 1988 presidential ticket but lost out to future Vice President Dan Quayle. There is dispute over whether Trump or the Bush camp made the initial pitch. In 1999, Trump filed an exploratory committee to seek the presidential nomination of the Reform Party in 2000. A July 1999 poll matching him against likely Republican nominee George W. Bush and likely Democratic nominee Al Gore showed Trump with seven percent support. Trump eventually dropped out of the race due to party infighting, but still won the party's California and Michigan primaries after doing so

So yes, he was in politics when he held this position.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Normally I like stay out of these threads:

Trump did say these things, and even admitted it, but he also stated that the reason for the change of opinion was that he had gone out and saw the damage illegal immigration was doing to the people. So in this case Yes. He did say this, but he clearly explained his reasoning for the change.

***PERSONAL RANT***

I'm not sure what bothers me more:
1. People who can't believe that a human can change their opinion based new information
2. People who want Politicians that never change their opinion based on new information
3. People who blindly follow the masses

I really don't know which bothers me the most. Look people you may not like Trump, that's fine, but don't condemn a person for learning new things and changing their minds.

FYI: I'm not Voting this year

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Trump was making political speeches, and even on the pollsters lists in 2011...he only bowed out in mid 2011 with due er, modesty, "I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and, ultimately, the general election."
So he went back to his fixed show, The Apprentice, that being one of if his true sources of income.
edit on 25-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

His rhetoric. How about his actual policy. He wants to get rid of illegal immigration. What I take from that is that he is recognizing those who have been in this country for years and are good citizens. The same article states...

deporting undocumented immigrants with a criminal background. Trump did not specify in his speech what he would do with those that remain in the country, but did say undocumented immigrants seeking legal status would have to first leave the country.

We are talking two things. Criminals and hard working individuals. I do not see anything changed.

To address this ...

We all know his rhetoric now...
Build A Wall...Yes he said that.
Illegals Are Rapist...He did not say all he said that some of the worst are coming here. This is true.
Bad Hombres...WTF I mean this is what, racist?
Deport Them All. - Never said that but sure makes a good talking point for you and MSNBC

edit on 10pm31pmf0000002016-10-25T16:22:46-05:000446 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Normally I like stay out of these threads:

Trump did say these things, and even admitted it, but he also stated that the reason for the change of opinion was that he had gone out and saw the damage illegal immigration was doing to the people. So in this case Yes. He did say this, but he clearly explained his reasoning for the change.

Trump saw these things many years ago when Trump tower was to be built, and undocumented Polish workers were employed, often not paid, and even kicked up about conditions.
Those Polish workers laboured alongside American union workers for $5 an hour..when they got paid that is, while the union workers got far more...and while the American union/s turned a blind eye.
What's more, not long after, Trump said this, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. I WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT."

So, don't come off with the Trump change-of-heart scenario 36 years after, he used people like playthings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join