It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Nuke, Satan 2 revealed today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Wipe out Texas? With something that powerful they wouldn't need to mount it on a missile and fire it at us. Make it a mine. They could put it in a submarine and drop it to the bottom of the atlantic. Tsunami would be an understatement. It would push the whole friggin ocean on top of us.

I don't think it would be powerful enough to cause a huge tsunami in itself. ... but if it were to be dropped on the Canary Islands, which have built up a mountain of unstable scoria and ash, then the whole east coast will go.

La Palma is currently the most volcanically active island in the Canary Islands Archipelago. It is likely that several eruptions would be required before failure would occur on Cumbre Vieja.[22][23] However, the western half of the volcano has an approximate volume of 500 cubic kilometres (120 cu mi) and an estimated mass of 1.5 trillion metric tons (1.7×1012 short tons). If it were to catastrophically slide into the ocean, it could generate a wave with an initial height of about 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) at the island, and a likely height of around 50 metres (164 ft) at the Caribbean and the Eastern North American seaboard when it runs ashore eight or more hours later. Tens of millions of lives could be lost in the cities and/or towns of St. John's, Halifax, Boston, New York, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Miami, Havana and the rest of the Eastern Coasts of the United States and Canada, as well many other cities on the Atlantic coast in Europe, South America and Africa.[22][23] The likelihood of this happening is a matter of vigorous debate.[25]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Slamminuk

Hey everyone! I see this as a "glass half full" "silver lining" thing.....

At least the Russians are not keeping this secret like the did their
"Dooms Day" bomb featured in the classic docu-drama Dr. Strangelove,
(or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)

:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just thought id throw this in:
NUKEMAP

Simulates nuke detonations over layed on a map.
You can use presets or put in your own numbers.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

So what happened to Satan 1?

He found JESUS!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
Just thought id throw this in:
NUKEMAP

Simulates nuke detonations over layed on a map.
You can use presets or put in your own numbers.

it would literally take a 100,000 nukes to wipe us completely out

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I think it would be quite powerful, even more so than a tsunami created by an earthquake.

The R-36 Mod 2 warhead is supposedly 25 megatons:

The R-36 (SS-9) is a two-stage rocket powered by a liquid bipropellant, with UDMH as fuel and nitrogen tetroxide as an oxidizer. It carries one of two types of re-entry vehicles (RVs) developed especially for this missile: SS-9 Mod 1 single nuclear warhead of 18 megatons TNT, SS-9 Mod 2 single nuclear warhead of 25 megatons TNT.

Wikipedia

I did some looking around and was able to find footage of a nuke test done underwater:
Operation Hardtack

That's footage of an 8 kiloton bomb detonated underwater with what looks like a cargo ship floating above it. The wall of water completely wipes it out. The 25 megaton Satan 2 would over 3,000 times more powerful than that. Imagine a wall of water 3,000 times as big as that, coming right at the United States.

While you would think the water pressure might suppress the blast if it's down deep, keep in mind that nukes burn hotter than the sun. The temperature differential rapidly turns a huge amount of the water into steam. Then consider that liquid water is in it's most dense form. When it turns to ice or steam, it expands. This means detonating them underwater would be ideal for creating a much larger shockwave than if detonated in the air, which isn't going to undergo a phase change. (except maybe a plasma, for a brief second right at the blast)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anyone else feeling extremely turned on at the moment? I feel all warm and tingly in my nether regions.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slamminuk
The first images of the super-nuke were revealed today by Kremlin engineers. Satan 2, which is currently undergoing tests near Miass, is set to be rolled out by 2018.

Sorry, didn't see anyone say it yet:

I just had tacos for dinner, so that would explain the super nuclear explosions coming from Miass...

hopefully that lightens the mood a little bit, but yea.... that's bad

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"Woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

Just another sign of the times....

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

Apologies for that. ATS won't let me edit the OP after 4 hours.

Here are the fixed links

Metro website

Mirror website
edit on 29/05/2009 by Slamminuk because: formatting

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

My question is how is the Satan 2 and different from what the US has had since the 80's. Just some cursory Wikipedia-ing leads me to believe that this is basically the same as a LGM 18/30 or Trident II. The only radar evading capabilities probably come from MARVS with hypersonic airfoils (possibly a small propulsion unit too?). The yield numbers from the warheads seems scary compared to US warheads mounted on comparable missiles, but from what I understand, Soviet CEP is crap and that's why they rely on larger warheads to get the job done.

One another note, should the Russians be watching out for a "sunburn" this winter? And did we take on did we take our MIRVS off conventional ICBMS and put them on something fast and green that flies a lot like a ballistic missle but has none of the conventional launch characteristics?
edit on 26-10-2016 by DirtyBizzler because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

From wiki

All buildings in the village of Severny (both wooden and brick), located 55 kilometres (34 mi) from ground zero within the Sukhoy Nos test range, were destroyed. In districts hundreds of kilometers from ground zero wooden houses were destroyed, stone ones lost their roofs, windows and doors, and radio communications were interrupted for almost one hour. One participant in the test saw a bright flash through dark goggles and felt the effects of a thermal pulse even at a distance of 270 kilometres (170 mi). The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 km (62 mi) away from ground zero. A shock wave was observed in the air at Dikson settlement 700 kilometres (430 mi) away; windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 kilometres (560 mi).[20] Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage at even greater distances, breaking windows in Norway and Finland. Despite being detonated 4.2 km above ground, its seismic body wave magnitude was estimated at 5–5.25.[8][19] Sensors continued to identify the shockwaves after their third trip around the world.[9][21]

I think i read somewhere this bomb even scared the Russians but i cant find anything at the moment .

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

if we have nukes then russia can have nukes- Simples!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

According to all the experts here on ATS, only America was guilty of sabre rattling....

They said that there's no way Russia would do such a thing, let alone rattle with a "super nuke"

Putin is such a good guy...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Zaphod58

From wiki

All buildings in the village of Severny (both wooden and brick), located 55 kilometres (34 mi) from ground zero within the Sukhoy Nos test range, were destroyed. In districts hundreds of kilometers from ground zero wooden houses were destroyed, stone ones lost their roofs, windows and doors, and radio communications were interrupted for almost one hour. One participant in the test saw a bright flash through dark goggles and felt the effects of a thermal pulse even at a distance of 270 kilometres (170 mi). The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 km (62 mi) away from ground zero. A shock wave was observed in the air at Dikson settlement 700 kilometres (430 mi) away; windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 kilometres (560 mi).[20] Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage at even greater distances, breaking windows in Norway and Finland. Despite being detonated 4.2 km above ground, its seismic body wave magnitude was estimated at 5–5.25.[8][19] Sensors continued to identify the shockwaves after their third trip around the world.[9][21]

I think i read somewhere this bomb even scared the Russians but i cant find anything at the moment .

This missile is huge in fact according to Russians has a 10 ton throw weight. It's not stealth and it isn't going to take low trajectories like US nukes. See Rus sia has a big problem they have alot of war heads but not alot of missiles. Bottom line can't afford multiple launch platforms like the US. Since thr 80s thr US went for smaller faster icbms to deliver thr war head. Meaning they don't have to make that huge arc you see in movies. Russia doesn't have the money to do this in fact don't have a lot missiles to launch ICBMS there solution build a huge rocket that holds 10 750 kilo ton warheads. See russia has a huge amount of war heads but most of them are in a warehouse with no way to reach a target. This missile is thr cheap way to get them out of moth ball. Problem is this huge 10 ton missile is an incredibly easy target with a 30 min lag time. A titan launch can hut anywhere in Russia in about 10 to 15 min. Sub launch your talking mere minutes.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135well when the big england sixe asteroid heads towards cus we will be glad we have a nuke capable of destroying it just kidding

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well, to be honest. If somebody could only blow half of Texas to Hell, that would be a huge mistake. The whole Don't Mess with Texas thing. They had to develop something to blow ALL of Texas to Hell.... Its the only way ...

Seriously tho... Satan 2?!! Who names stuff these days? The Vatican backed telescope Lucifer. Baal's Gates everywhere. You'd think a bunch of people believe Ol' Satan is real or something.

Oklahoma Messes with Texas all the time. Boomer Sooner...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Computer simulations for starters.
And that wouldn't be the only way.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thats why we have things like an XB-37. As soon as satan is launched into space,XB-37 will either blast it out the sky there or attache to it and fly it right back to russia.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The bomb was essentially undeliverable though. You would never be able to actually get one to a target. I've definitely read something similar, and was the primary reason they changed the tamper from uranium to lead. It was mainly just a demo for a show of power. It was a nifty proof of concept for scaling nuclear detonation yields; just keep tacking interstages on it until the desired yield is reached.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join