It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Voting issue favor Clinton..//shocked face//

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Relax, Shooter...yes, I know people died to so that Americans could have the right to vote--hell, you're talking to an Army veteran, so I don't need you to rant to me about people dying to protect this freedom, and quite honestly, you don't need to lecture me or anyone else on the topic.

You can be disgusted all that you want, and you can rant and whine and piss and moan about how my comment is tantamount to some sort of rights denial (which it clearly isn't, since I specifically said I want all people who can vote to do so, just armed with knowledge about the candidates), but understand this: The words "unintelligent" and "apathetic" actually have real definitions, and those are the definitions that I apply to those same words when I use them. Just so we're on the same page, I have linked to said definitions (to include "ignorant" as well, as it pertains to this discussion), just so that we're on the same sheet of music:

Unintelligent

Apathetic

Ignorant

You can call me selfish--which I find absolutely hilarious, as if you even know me--but rest assured that ignorant voting is not something that anyone should ever advocate. That's called "the blind leading the blind," and there's a reason as to why that phrase is only used negatively.

You shouldn't "expect an apology" because you don't deserve one--just because you fail to see the unintelligence through the apathy doesn't mean I owe you a damn thing.

Best regards. We're done, here--and feel free to never lecture me about people fighting or dying to protect the freedoms of America again, because it absolutely is not your place to do so.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This has been going on in Texas for the past few days, peoples votes being flipped from Trump to Clinton or not being counted at all.

Texas County Switches to Paper Ballots after Software Glitch

Denton County reports brief issue with voting machines

Early voting in Nueces County slowed by computer glitches

Report on Hill County Election Irregularities Released

There is now a petition at Whitehouse.gov to remove Soros owned voting machines in 16 states.

We the people ask congress to meet in emergency session about removing George Soros owned voting machines from 16 states

edit on 25-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I served as well asshat. So I will interject when idiots spread bs like you have. We do not have poll tests PERIOD. Suggesting one dishonors the freedom and liberty you served for, or did you think you were only serving for the few you agree with?
You dont like the way people vote, I have no problem with that. You want to pick and choose who votes F U! All citizens of legal age have the right (imo civic duty) to vote.

Run back under the rock you crawled out of, your service does not shield you from criticism of unamerican positions.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You have gone off the deep end of asininity, Shooter. I never said that intelligence NEEDS to be validated before voting, I just said that unintelligent, apathetic voters SHOULDN'T vote.

Unless you can show me where there has recently been a change in the definition of the words "necessity" and "should," then I'm going to just have to accept the fact that you're reading into my comments what you want to read instead of reading what I'm actually typing, and just view the time that I've put into this discussion with you as time from my life that I will never get back.

I didn't suggest anything dishonors what I served for--you brought that ridiculous argument up yourself, as if someone dying for our freedoms stops me from exercising my right to free speech. I was just telling you that you don't need to lecture me on serving and protecting our freedoms...and you shouldn't, no matter how much you misrepresent what I'm saying.

So, like I said, relax--maybe re-read what I typed from the beginning and realize that I'm not advocating for some poll test to ensure the intelligence of the American voter, all I'm saying is that it's irresponsible to vote in an ignorant, apathetic way without, at the very least, researching what your preferred candidate stands for.

I don't need shielding from you, sweet Shooter. Your misconceptions of my stance on the issue and your big, scary words like "asshat" and phrases like "F U" don't get me all emotionally riled up and angry--actually, it makes me empathetic toward your inability to factually understand the point I'm making. It is frustrating, though.

So, to sum up my stance (for the last time, and in a way that hopefully you can readily understand):

- I want everyone to vote

- If they are going to vote, I want them to do so armed with knowledge about the candidates so that they make an informed decision

- If they fail to come armed with knowledge, I'd prefer that they don't vote "just because they can," but I'm certainly not advocating barring them from voting

Do you get it now? I can't spell it out much more simply than that.

And rest assured, I never hide behind my service--in fact, I rarely ever bring it up unless someone belligerently tries to lecture me about fighting/dying for American freedoms.

Thank you for your service.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I served as well asshat. So I will interject when idiots spread bs like you have. We do not have poll tests PERIOD. Suggesting one dishonors the freedom and liberty you served for, or did you think you were only serving for the few you agree with?
You dont like the way people vote, I have no problem with that. You want to pick and choose who votes F U! All citizens of legal age have the right (imo civic duty) to vote.

Run back under the rock you crawled out of, your service does not shield you from criticism of unamerican positions.

I kind of think we are all above # like this aren't we?

None of us has any way to limit who does what with regards to voting. Take a deep breath, let it out, apologize for that rude comment, and realize we are all in this together, regardless of who we vote for or who cheats to win.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Anyone who votes "straight ticket" is not an educated voter. She should not be voting.

Hard to get"not advocating barring them from voting" from what you posted earlier.

How do you know she did not research her chosen vote? You don't. At least she caught the mistake.

You need to read your signature line, stupid citizen votes sound alot like too much liberty. That guy wasnt smart or anything.

Thank you for your service as well!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Too bad the petition expires AFTER the election.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is actually real, news reports from Texas County says they
have halted all electronic voting because there was a glitch
that defaulted to Clinton.

Wow, how not surprising!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hard to get"not advocating barring them from voting" from what you posted earlier.

Because, again, saying someone 'shouldn't do something' is not the same as advocating an official barring of them from doing it.

If I make the comment, "People on ATS shouldn't be so rude to people with whose opinion they disagree with," does that mean that I said, "Hey, site owners...bar these people from being rude to me?"

No, it's not the same thing. I said that she should not be voting, with the assumed comment that she wasn't educated because she voted "straight ticket."

How do you know she did not research her chosen vote? You don't. At least she caught the mistake.

You are correct--I don't know for sure that she didn't research EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN on her ticket, but knowing what I know about the vast majority of voters with whom I've come into contact with AND that I've seen interviewed on the news, most who vote down party lines don't research each individual. So, while it was an assumption based on my experiences, I felt it was a safe one to make.

But again, you're right--she could have been the most intelligent and informed voter there, and I'm mischaracterizing her. And I agree, it is very pertinent that the mistake was caught, assuming that everything that she reported is factual. Since Konduit posted many more links to similar issues in Texas, either her claim is pretty valid, or there's some crazy conspiracy to feign election-machine issues in Texas. That call is yours to make, but I'm siding with this being an actual problem with the voting machines.

You need to read your signature line, stupid citizen votes sound alot like too much liberty. That guy wasnt smart or anything.

And, yet again, I'll remind you that I'm not advocating a poll test be administered or mandating that intelligent voting only be allowed at the expense of others who do not do their due diligence in their candidate research. All I'm saying is that I sure to wish that every person voting would take the time to educate themselves about those for whom they are voting. You are still attributing the incorrect position on this issue to me, and I'd appreciate it if you'd just trust the guy making the comments (me) about what my point has been all along.

And like NetworkDude noted, aren't we above this petty arguing by now? I've spelled out my stance on this plenty--if you refuse to accept it, then please just move on.

Thank you for your service as well!

edit on 25-10-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You are still attributing the incorrect position on this issue to me, and I'd appreciate it if you'd just trust the guy making the comments (me) about what my point has been all along.

point taken
my mistake

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
This is actually real, news reports from Texas County says they
have halted all electronic voting because there was a glitch
that defaulted to Clinton.

Wow, how not surprising!

If you find a link, please post it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is interesting.

An error in the voting machine programming by Election Systems & Software (ES&S) caused votes for one statewide court of appeals race not to be entered when a voter tried to vote straight ticket in either party according to a release from Chambers County.

www.12newsnow.com...

Seems like Election Systems & Software is the vendor that Chambers County contracts with to program their voting machines. I didn't see anything about the presidential choices, but just the fact that this company has glitches in its programming caused a red flag to pop up.

Who is ES&S? It is a subsidiary of McCarthy Group LLC. en.wikipedia.org...

ES&S is a subsidiary of McCarthy Group, LLC. In 2014, ES&S was the largest manufacturer of voting machines in the United States, claiming customers in 4,500 localities in 42 states and two U.S. territories. As of 2014, the company had more than 450 employees, more than 200 of whom are located in Omaha.

In 2014, ES&S claimed that "in the past decade alone," it had installed more than 260,000 voting systems, more than 15,000 electronic poll books, provided services to more than 75,000 elections. The company has installed statewide voting systems in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and West Virginia. ES&S claims a U.S. market share of more than 60 percent in customer voting system installations.

Now, look at McCarthy Group, LLC. It's founder is Michael R. "Mike" McCarthy.

McCarthy graduated from College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota. In 1986 he co-founded McCarthy Group, LLC, with Rich Jarvis. He is responsible for the management of McCarthy Group and chairman of the underwriting committee. McCarthy was a director of HDR, Inc. and Streck.

McCarthy serves on the board of directors for several nonprofit community organizations. They include the Omaha Community Foundation, Heritage Services, Inc., Joslyn Art Museum, and Creighton University.[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org...(businessman)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords I just read a on twitter when you vote straight goes to Clinton

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissionTruth
a reply to: queenofswords I just read a on twitter when you vote straight goes to Clinton

Yeah. I have been reading some stories supporting this claim as well.

In looking into ES&S I found out that they have had some controversies in the past about their programming of voting machines.

I am suspicious. I will mark each of my choices individually just in case.

ES&S is owned by a company out of Omaha (Seth Rich's hometown), McCarthy Group LLC, whose founder and chairman is Michael R. "Mike" McCarthy. He has his hands in lots of pies and one of them is as a director on the board for Creighton University, a Jesuit school. (BTW, Seth Rich graduated from that school....just a little dot that makes you go hmmmm.)

Seth and "Mike" - Both involved in voter issues....both in Omaha....both with a Creighton U (Jesuits) connection.

I'm just wondering out loud.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Anyone who votes "straight ticket" is not an educated voter. She should not be voting.

EVERYONE who can legally vote should vote if they choose. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise!

I am glad the error in the story posted was caught. It will be interesting to see how many "errors" appear.

No they shouldn't. Plainly. If you don't know what you're voting for, you should NOT be voting. Anybody who votes straight ticket is voting on a partisan ideology, not on policy, which is the definition of not knowing what you're voting for -- no, YOU SHOULD NOT VOTE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE VOTING FOR.

That's how you end up with laws/bills that further along a criminal narrative. You literally make a bad situation worse when you vote blindly and no -- you shouldn't be voting.

If you're legally allowed to vote, and you choose to vote, than you should choose to educate yourself on what you're voting for first and foremost -- if you're not going to do the due diligence, than you should withhold your vote.

Shame on you for encouraging people to vote when they don't even know what they are voting for.
edit on 26-10-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Do you have ANY evidence that one who votes a straight ticket has not researched their vote?

I will wait......

Why would one not vote according to their own partisan ideology? To not vote in your own interest is ridiculous. The problem appears their interest may not align with yours. Too bad for you.

We do not have poll taxes here. We allow all citizens to vote here. Telling anyone they should not vote is disgusting

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join