It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet Of Android Robots To Begin Policing The Streets By 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is funny when you stop to think about it...

If you could travel back in time to when people had to make their own fire with rocks and woods and show them a picture of robots, or cars, or planes...

Or just tell them "hey, we have robots in million years from now" they would think WTF do you guys smoke???

And then when someone tells us there are beings that can travel at lightspeed and materialize stuff etc we think they are crazy. Silly humans.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
This is funny when you stop to think about it...

If you could travel back in time to when people had to make their own fire with rocks and woods and show them a picture of robots, or cars, or planes...

Or just tell them "hey, we have robots in million years from now" they would think WTF do you guys smoke???

And then when someone tells us there are beings that can travel at lightspeed and materialize stuff etc we think they are crazy. Silly humans.

I think about that all the time. What would people do if I went back and showed them photo's and how to build things, creating the lightbulb etc.

I can come to only one conclusion. They'd worship anyone as Gods. And after that, the corruption would commence, writings from various places around the globe would pop up in their cultures, and eventually we'd be sitting her typing it out just like i am right now. Except i don't wonder where the Gods went, because, they never really existed to begin with.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The ActivistPost story is built on this story from Russia Today. The description in the RT story is nowhere near as Terminator-ish as ActivistPost makes it sound.

There are pictures of decidedly non-terrifying crappy robots (with wheels), which can apparently interact to a limited extent, but their main purpose is to serve as a wandering terminal to hook people up to flesh-and-blood people manning police help-desks.

It's not like ActivistPost to inflate a technological novelty into a sinister semi-apocalyptic threat to human liberty, so I can't imagine what's got into them on this occasion...

<< 1  2   >>

join