It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it OK to murder in the name of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I Think this is deserves its own thread

I repeatedly hear people claiming that Islam is Evil because it says to kill the unbleivers but the Christian Bible says the same. I have brought this question from another thread.

Dr. Horacid

Is it OK to kill men women and Childern of unbelievers if it is done for the "right" God?

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

The list goes on and on where YOUR God tell his subjects to slaughter those that dont believe.

I have asked you this question on a couple other threads, I am sure you just overlooked it.

But I repeat the question

Is it OK to slaughter men, women and children without mercy as long as it is done for the "right" God? Is it only wrong when the "wrong" God says to do it?

This is not just for Dr, Horacid but for everyone.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Dr. Horacid

Is it OK to kill men women and Childern of unbelievers if it is done for the "right" God?

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

The list goes on and on where YOUR God tell his subjects to slaughter those that dont believe.

I have asked you this question on a couple other threads, I am sure you just overlooked it.

But I repeat the question

Is it OK to slaughter men, women and children without mercy as long as it is done for the "right" God? Is it only wrong when the "wrong" God says to do it?

As difficult as it is to understand, YES, we should do as "GOD" says. He is the "GOD" of Abraham. All other gods flow from Satan the great deceiver. Satan is confusion.

Is this direct enough?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Is this direct enough?

So the Muslims are Murdering Demons for killing those that don't believe but Christians and Jews are just faithful followers Obeying the Lord?

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

So if God says kill all the babies in such and such town its OK, AS LONG AS ITS YOUR GOD?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Is this direct enough?

So the Muslims are Murdering Demons for killing those that don't believe but Christians and Jews are just faithful followers Obeying the Lord?

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

So if God says kill all the babies in such and such town its OK, AS LONG AS ITS YOUR GOD?

God told Johsua to kill every living thing in the 5 cities of caanan when Israel came out of Egypt. That is every "living" thing. I have no issue with this. Who am I or you to judge God?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It depends. If you ask someone from the Church or someone who follows the CHURCH'S teachings, then YES it is OK to murder.

If you follow CHRIST'S actual teachings (not to be confused with the Church's as they are plainly different), then NO it is not OK to murder.

Simple as that.

ANYONE who tells you differently, DOES NOT UNDERSTAND CHRIST'S TEACHINGS.

PLEASE BEWARE OF WHAT THAT PERSON HAS TO SAY!

[edit on 24-1-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

God told Johsua to kill every living thing in the 5 cities of caanan when Israel came out of Egypt. That is every "living" thing. I have no issue with this. Who am I or you to judge God?

How does this make you any different than the Muslims calling for death to all unbelievers? If you present me with a God that TARGETS women and Children I will judge, after all isnt that what we are judging the terrorists for?

Your God says slaughter the Babies THEIR God says slaughter the babies

What makes one right and the other wrong?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but i believe you religious nuts consistently use selective interpretations from 1st and 2nd Testament and intertwine them all in a knot.

Like i said i'm not a 100% knowledgeable when it comes to the holy bible. But I do believe the 2nd Testament was the coming of Jesus and it's "unspoken" goal of correcting the misunderstandings of the 1st Testament. Basically the 1st Testament was written for people and the times of the "old world". God saw things were pretty messed up so he decided to send his son, Jesus, to Earth to fix things up hence the 2nd Testament. This resulted in a noticeably less violent and more loving towards your enemy 2nd Testament.

Speaking in simplistic terms

I rather follow the second version of the bible which was a re-released edition upgraded patch on a beta workprint that contained runtime flaws/errors..

heh

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can even bump it up a notch.

Should Christians push for laws that would condemn non believers to death?

The Bible seems to say that they should. I believe its not only in the OT either I will look it up and see.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Whoa.. case closed? Wait, did i just undisputedly win this debate/topic?
Wahoo, mark one for the illiterate computer nerd!

Honestly, I think mankind should pay more attention to the 2nd testament of the holy bible (the upgraded version). If we could only follow in Jesus's footsteps and love thee enemy, our world would be a better place to existing in.

I just get a feeling that Exodus, Genesis and other old testament books are out dated since it was pre-Jesus. A lot of the references in the old world book refers to odd mythological explanations to guide man in our existence on Earth. God made a mistake so he sent Jesus right? So why are so many religious nut jobs so fixated on old testament teachings, when you're clearly following God's 1st attempt, a mistake.

Christian/Catholic speaking

[edit on 24-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Whoa.. case closed? Wait, did i just undisputedly win this debate/topic?
Wahoo, mark one for the illiterate computer nerd!

Hardly.

You have dozens of people on this board that agree with Dr.Horacid.

Not to mention the fact how do you condemn the Muslims for their Blood thirsty God when yours says the same?

This is not to condemn EITHER religion but to ask "Whats the difference"

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Not to mention the fact how do you condemn the Muslims for their Blood thirsty God when yours says the same?

Well that's the thing. We're comparing apples and apple juice to oranges and orange juice
. Both religions offer us the pure apple and pure orange off the tree, yet both religions can produce the extreme out of their respectful fruits forming a juiced up version.

Some religion off shoots even throw in artifical flavoring additives to kick up the flavor of those juices and combine selective additives.

Ummm yea..

Just remember, good Christians/Catholics will follow the 2nd Testament close to the heart with all the wonderful teachings of Jesus and his life/time on Earth. Religious juiced up versions of Christianity (Islam/Apples) enjoy mixing up the 1st and 2nd Testaments to selectively meet a goal they're looking to accomplish. War, anti-homosexuality, bigotry etc. all selectively picked from the 1st testament which God made mistakes hence sent his holy Son to save the world from out sins.

In the case of the apple, insert the Koran.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is not to condemn EITHER religion but to ask "Whats the difference"

Extremist are extremist, no matter what god they follow.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Extremist are extremist, no matter what god they follow.

Thats part of the point I am trying to make the other part is how can you condemn an entire religion because of a few lines of text when yours has just as bad or worse? This thread is really not for the "good" Christians or Muslims its for those who claim the other are murderess devils because of a few passages and then defend the same passages in their own book.

Is murder in the name of Yahweh or Jesus any different then murder in the name of Allah or Mohammad?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Any "god" that tells his followers to kill doesn't deserve to be worshipped.
Any "god" that thinks he has the right to kill his followers isn't a god but a retard and a demon.

Any "god" that thinks he or she has that right to tell us to kill eachother by having created us, is hereby challenged by me personaly, a simple guy, a mere man, to get his rear whooped back to wherever he came from so that if there actualy is one true god creator of all and supreme super being, he can be happy that these retards you guys worship are out of the picture.

If your god sais its OK to kill one person, but not another, then your a bloody bonehead for worshipping him, period.

EDIT for *** words :p

[edit on 24-1-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Would an omniscient and infallible God need a "beta" version or rough draft? I'd think not.

As difficult as it is to understand, YES, we should do as "GOD" says. He is the "GOD" of Abraham. All other gods flow from Satan the great deceiver. Satan is confusion.

Is this direct enough?

And yet (specifically in Deuteronomy) this God at times commands his followers to kill infidels, and yet at other times (10 Commandments) says that thou shalt not kill? Who's really a deceiver?

The bottom line: Any god that would demand the death of non-worshippers is NOT worthy of being worshipped. Both the Christian, and the Islamic diety would fit this....

However, Christianity circumvents this somewhat with a "revised version" after the arrival of "Christ"....and is a kindler, gentler diety for the masses, that doesn't demand such blood, and also refrains from raining down fire and brimstone....how nice?
Islam has yet to present such a revision, hence the Christians having at least something to base their ivory tower (however misguided) stance upon....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Matrix, maybe I missed your point or I got it completely. These gods are distortions of whatever deity, by hatefilled and ignorant people.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Matrix, maybe I missed your point or I got it completely. These gods are distortions of whatever deity, by hatefilled and ignorant people.

I think you got what I ment rather perfectly

And I'm not kidding about the whooping booty part.
These decievers of the faithfull need to show themselves and stop being such pussy's and cowards and come get whats comming to them for telling people to do bad things in their names instead of doing it themselves and taking credit for their dirty deeds themselves.

Or those that do the dirty deeds should stop hidding behind their fictional gods, because if they would truely be religious people, they wouldn't kill their fellow man.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You are apparently taking everything out of context,,,, the old testament, while still read and studied is superceaded by the New Testament where after Christ died for our sins then those punishments are no longer needed. He came to cleanse us of our sins and give us a chance at eternity with him.

So if you have your business straight with GOD then you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I do not believe that any human being has the right to murder.
If you cannot bring life, you should not bring death.

Realistically, if KayEm was in danger and the only way to protect her was to kill her attacker, I would do it and answer to God later. Nevertheless it would still not make my actions right and my conscience would plague me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join