It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave My ATS Alone You Insensitive JERKS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I agree leave my ats as it is, the mods do the best they can with what they are given. Some people just can't help but to try and find fault in everything.

Poor sobs

Crim

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
If you do not like the way things are run around here, there is the door------

Now, where have I heard this ignorant, unenlightened, hateful, devolved rhetoric before?
*__-

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Eh every forum gets certain types of people, from keyboard commandos to resident trolls to how does the internet even function yet are somehow on it.

Just take it in stride and let the owners and mods decide how things go down; that doesn't mean community isn't important but the mission statement of what the desire to be accomplished of and for the site isn't up to the members... there is a forum for that sort of discussion in board business matters.

There is also the sort that thinks they could run a forum better than anyone else; and well there's a lot more work than what some are aware of that goes into it. From content with partners or internet standards and protocols not only nationally but globally, advertizing setting them too and well if you want to turn a profit then you're going to bend to those standards or pay out the ass to host a ton of data and content out of the kindness of one's own heart for the community... no one expects that as it can cost tens of thousands a month for a large forum, then mods etc to make sure all of those standards and the mission statement stays true without getting that yahoo I'm above everyone now that a have a couple more buttons than everyone else as people try to get you in some clique by running to you like a child over every little thing. The ol siddle up it's kinda funny and likely only mods know what I'm talking about.

But as ATS goes longest running and largest "conspiracy" site that looks to move beyond the BS but also allows the BS as long as someone knows where to post that BS among the many forums in which to choose.

Of course I have seen some very great solid contributors get ran off or emotionally worked over because someone doesn't like the topic or just wants to railroad them out of some personal satisfaction... sad and sorted but it does occur, looking for those extra buttons they don't have on someone else to do a job as if they did have them, but that's the reason they don't... someone in the middle of a BS storm all the time is likely the cause of that BS storm all the time as inconspicuous as it may first appear as who has time to go back several posts or pages or even in the history of someone forum topic after forum topic to see that pattern?

Those getting the constant shaft by someone knows it but it is rare that anyone else does... so hey I understand your rant even though I don't know the context; though I think Reldra pointed out the why but not the specifics which is a good thing... as drama sometimes can even be a worse undoing to a community than what occurred that even started it.

Cheers.

edit on 24-10-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

This has to be a first, I put this in the Rant forum because I was sure it would end up here anyway and what does happen it gets moved to the Members forum, lol!

edit on 10-24-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yeah that goes double for me!

link   

Leave My ATS Alone

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a conspiracy.

The shills are running wild in the threads and there's no end to it. It's like every forum everywhere is going crazy, so we don't post any more.

Then we login and say, "Please, at least leave me alone in my living room. Let me have my toaster and my tinfoil hat and I won't say anything".

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a conspiracy theorist, goddammit! My life has value!"

link   
a reply to: namelesss

Not sure, do tell!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Maybe life has value and maybe it doesn't, but if you mess with my ATS whatever value there is will dissipate promptly!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't know that 'that' could be construed as actual freedom. hah..

Atleast he didn't have to live through it for too long after losing his manhood,

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

You obviously weren't here during the golden age of ATS. It's ok most people on here now weren't.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

While there is a possibility that there are a few shills here, it is far more likely that people have very strong beliefs (that differ from yours) about this election. If you have lived through one election cycle here on ats you would understand it is just a cycle repeating itself....

Heck I have even had the same exact conversations this year that I had back in 12...lol...

Just remember just because some one has a differing opinion and feels very strongly about it doesn't mean they are shills it means they have an opinion that differs from yours for reasons wholly dependant on their beliefs.

But that's just my opinion...
Crim

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

I welcome spirited debate when it is based on mutual respect, what I don't like is people that think they are the only one who's opinion matters or is valid and go to extremes to shove it down other people's throats.

Or, those that think they should be able to make their own rules up as they go along and decide to attack the site with abusive rhetoric.

If they don't like it here, they can vamos!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Was that golden age 3 years ago? Or did you stop being a member and then come back? I don't really know about the golden age you speak of, but I do know as a member in good standing at the moment I am put off by idiots that think they mean more than others and think they can just pop their mouths off without consequence.

That is okay, they get dealt with swiftly, so at least they are not here very long under the moniker they were abusive with, but they always come back under another name and start the same crap again. It is a childish game they play, ATS knows this and they deal with it, everyday.

Me, I just felt the need to vent.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

I just wanted to add a dramatic element.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Was that golden age 3 years ago? Or did you stop being a member and then come back? I don't really know about the golden age you speak of, but I do know as a member in good standing at the moment I am put off by idiots that think they mean more than others and think they can just pop their mouths off without consequence.

That is okay, they get dealt with swiftly, so at least they are not here very long under the moniker they were abusive with, but they always come back under another name and start the same crap again. It is a childish game they play, ATS knows this and they deal with it, everyday.

Me, I just felt the need to vent.

I'm talking about 2008-9 IMO that was the golden age of ATS. I've been here about a year after the founding of this site while I was still in high school.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That's what belief does when there is a line of rhetoric for it and supporting that opinion. In cognitive dissonance there is no debate or anything to be discussed and people are just making statements without any further investigation as just a reiteration with no personality behind it ad infinitum.

It's an expression of an ideology an ideal and such things are not obtainable in society no matter how much they are spouted or touted as better or the truth of a matter. Like how Communism works on paper add people and well human nature takes over and what appeared as a perfect closed system starts springing leaks because life is too complex to be contained in any system of thought or expression of being that's just the reality and the more we try to undo the bigbang of consciousness back into simplicity it can't occur in any mass larger than oneself unless devoid of form... but then what does a lifeless planet care after life has destroyed itself instead of seeing all the beauty contained in it... a grain of sand and a mountain should inspire the same awe.

It does and it doesn't and that's something to really investigate within oneself to see where distinctions of significance and insignificance has taken place... typically it is attachment to one concept over another both just as void and empty as the next unless applied to perform some work of any lasting value.
edit on 25-10-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Last screen name I had was when I was on here when my youngest kid was a baby. She's 11 in December. LOL! I go away for weeks months or years.. and ATS just improves by the time I return!

There is a reason ATS has been around this long and has new folks coming all the time. They found an amazing mixture of mods from all sorts, walks of life, nations, cultures, attitudes, etc... The owners are great and all due respect for coming up with the concept of it and how its ran, but its really the mods that make ATS what it is. You know a place is golden when a mod stops being a mod and still cant stay away from ATS!

The other part of the mixture is the members.. I mean you can get every flavor here.. it caters to no one, but to everyone. Ive ran boards and I have one now with a larger memberbase, but not as large as ATS by far. It drives me INSANE.. so I made it a dictatorship and Im head dick. At ATS.. it is probably the only working republic in existence now. LOL!

Am I an ATS cheerleader? Yeah, I guess so. Beats cheering for Ol Miss... freaking losers. Am I a brown noser? Nope.. know why? To be respected at ATS you just have to behave in a respectable way... not brownnose. You dont even have to agree on a particular subject with the overlords.... just act civilized even in a heated discussion and its golden.Thing is.. the owners and mods arent unreachable or un relatable ( is that even a word??) here.. theyre prone to speak with and even bicker with members in all good nature ( except Djarums.. Ive never seen him make even a typo. SOmeone that perfect is sick... and scares me) if they see the same out of said members. I have been ashamed of "ATS" a few times and it wasnt for the owners or mods.. it was members who made me feel that way when I had invited friends to lurk or join. The great thing was that the owers actually made posts and demanded civility and human decency when it got out of hand.. and mods cracked down. My friends and I discussed it elsewhere.. that us old timers on the internet ( way way back dial up BBS and compuserve etc crap like that) we have never seen a board of this size actually managed so well .. even in times of tragedy.

This place is what WE make it. So police ourselves and the mods dont need xanax... and we always have a home board to come to

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join