It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From ObamaCARE in 2010 -to- ObamaSCARE in 2013 -to- ObamaSCREW for 2017.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well post up the evidence for your wild claims.

Until then it's sayonara.

Senators Reject Pair of Public Option Proposals

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Out of frustration, anger, and indignation, the Obama Administration is lashing out at people who buy 1-year Health Insurance plans, to lower their premiums.

The number of Short-Term Health insurance plans held by healthy Americans who make too much money ($45,000 Singe / $88,000 Family of four) to qualify for government subsidies that help the cost of ObamaCare plan premiums, has skyrocketed.

Starting on January 1, 2017, these plans, which are 50% less than "ObamaCare" insurance, can only be 3 months in duration.

Story: www.benefitspro.com...

Obama/Democrats should take a hint from the election results and get out of people's lives! Perhaps he's instructed his people to launch a scorched-earth retreat from power? Screw as many citizens and their employers as possible before Donald Trump takes over on 1.20.2017.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Monday, November 28, 2016

It's being leaked that Representative Tom Price (GA.) will be President Donald Trump's Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary.

STORY: thehill.com...

If true, then we can start the process of dismantling aspects of ObamaScrew immediately, on 1.20.2017. Health Insurance companies are already preparing to introduce lower-priced health plans for people of average-to-excellent health, who do not want useless bells and whistles. (i.e. Maternity benefits) Physicians will be flocking back to Individual/Family health plans as well.

Those who, for health reasons, don't qualify for lower priced coverage, will be able to stay on whatever "ObamaCare" will be converted to. Maybe it will simply be folded into existing Medicare. A common-sense, logical-thinking man like Tom Price would almost certainly advocate this route for keeping sick people covered, permanently.

Tom Price is a WIN-WIN for everyone, IMO.

-cwm

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's being leaked that Representative Tom Price (GA.) will be President Donald Trump's Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary.

Tom "Price"

The perfect name for the job !!!

Maybe he will get that promised $2500 decrease !!!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

edit on 11/28/2016 by carewemust because: ATS glitches are becoming fewer, but this is ATS rush-hour. Glitches are more common at this time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Tom "Price"

The perfect name for the job !!!

Maybe he will get that promised $2500 decrease !!!

It will be more than $2,500 in savings for the average family. I just compared a family of 4 for 2017 on ObamaCare, vs a Non-Obamacare plan, if those Non-O plans are made LEGAL once again. Obamacare = $1508 Non-ObamaCare = $569 per month.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
December 31, 2016

THE DISMANTLING HAS BEGUN...

A federal judge in Texas on Saturday issued a court order barring enforcement of an Obama administration policy seeking to extend anti-discrimination protections under the Affordable Care Act to transgender health and abortion-related services.

The decision sides with Texas, seven other states and three Christian-affiliated healthcare groups challenging a rule that, according to the judge, defines sex bias to include "discrimination on the basis of gender identity and termination of pregnancy."

In granting an injunction one day before the new policy was to take effect, U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor held that it violates the Administrative Procedure Act, a federal law governing rule-making practices.

www.reuters.com...
edit on Sun Jan 1 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I honestly can say that Obama care did effect my husband's employer options. He had awesome insurance for himself up until Obamacare went into effect. His old insurance was no longer available. Then, the one he chose to replace it, was no longer available the next year. We now are on our third one for this year! The highest premiums yet and highest deductible!

To top it off, before Obama care, I and my college aged daughter, age 22 now, had no insurance. We went to our annual check ups, we're able to afford the $75 visit and cash only payments for labwork and prescriptions. Even an unexpected er visit, was not too terrible, since the hospital usually downgraded the visit for cash only. We found out last year, via my hubby's er visit, it was upgraded. Why? He had insurance. We battled them for over a couple of months, but it became more stressful than it was worth.

I am hoping that we can put the money into our own health savings account. Have it available when needed. I realize some who live hand to mouth already and suffer a major health problem may find such a plan difficult, but that is where the individual state, local government and family/communities/charities need to step up. Not across the board federal mandating. I certainly do not like the Gestapo question at tax time...do you have insurance? Insurance and taxes should not be mixed! Fining people and calling it a tax is absolutely rediculous and crosses the line!

Keeping my fingers crossed, knowing there are bumps ahead regarding healthcare...but am very hopeful.

(post by knoxie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

There were safety-nets in place for all of those who had existing health conditions before ObamaCare, but the cost was $700 a month (Blue Cross), with no government subsidy to lower that premium. Merely granting a subsidy would have negated the need for Obamacare to take over the insurance system the way it did.

I hope Trump/Price get rid of every idiot in government who crafted the ObamaScrew boondoggle.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A lot of people I know have had their company insurance scorched. This effects more than simply people who had to buy on the ACA marketplace.

The last thing obama should do before he leaves office is apologize.
There were ways to cut cost through usual government means such as price gouging lawsuits against pharm companies. OR simply have the government buy up some of these patents for public use for the public good.
or build new medical schools and create a different licensing system to tell the ama to screw off with this artificial doctor shortage.
allow physicians assistants to do a lot more

This monstrosity was absolute garbage though.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Democrat leadership is so out of touch after their meetings with Republicans today on ObamaCare repeal. They don't understand why the Republicans are "talking at them", instead of "talking with them", as Nancy PeeLowsi whinnied after the meeting.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sunday, January 8, 2017

Today, President Obama declared that he has long wanted to make many of the Changes to ObamaCare that Trump and Republicans are now planning.

""The president, who turns over the White House in 12 days to President-elect Donald Trump, also suggested that he has wanted to make the kind of changes to ObamaCare that Trump and fellow Republicans in control of Congress are seeking.

“But they wouldn't cooperate because they didn't want to make the system work,” Obama said.""

Full Story: www.foxnews.com...

President Obama also says that he's fine with renaming "ObamaCare", "TrumpCare". I don't believe that for one minute.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Obama will end up driving some people crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama will end up driving some people crazy.

From what I'm reading tonight.. ObamaCare is driving a lot of Republicans back into their "gridlock" mode. Their ability to unify and get ObamaCare Repealed/Replaced is in serious jeopardy. They need Trump to give solid direction, but he's tweeting about that loony Streep instead.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Well..Donald Trump showed TRUE LEADERSHIP once again. I'm glad he re-focused on fulfilling his campaign promise to repeal-replace the un-Affordable Care Act.

Today we had a 63 year-old couple literally CRY, because at $67,000 GROSS (before taxes) income, ObamaCare sees them as too "wealthy" to receive help in paying their 2017 premium of $2,130 A MONTH. That's 38% more than what they paid January - December 2016. (Oh..and their Deductible/OOP is a whopping $6000 this year!)

Repeal-Replace can't happen soon enough for millions of hard working Americans.

edit on 1/16/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sunday, January 15, 2017

Led by Bernie Sanders, thousands of DEMOCRATS rallied around the country this weekend, to SAVE OBAMACARE. What do you bet that, most ObamaCare protestors (like Sanders) DON'T have Obamacare Insurance. Reminds me of how most of the post-election Trump protestors didn't even vote!

Excerpt from - www.npr.org...

""With little power left in Washington, Democrats set out on Sunday to make a big statement against GOP efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act with rallies in dozens of cities.

It's also a step for the party toward regaining its footing after grassroots efforts in 2016 failed to keep the White House in Democrats' hands.

Senator Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats in the Senate and whose populist candidacy in the 2016 Democratic presidential primary was boosted by a strong online following and small-dollar donations, headlined the day. He was recently named to a leadership post among Senate Democrats as chairman of outreach.

Sanders used his vast email list from the campaign to help organize support for Sundays rallies in support of Obamacare, which stretched from an event led by House minority leader Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco to one featuring Sen. Elizabeth Warren in Boston. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley even led a sing-a-long at the Utah State Capitol.""

-cwm

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
January 16, 2017

Good Article that explains how OBAMACARE could be the reason why Life Expectancy in the U.S. has DECREASED, for the first time in 25 years.

Detroit News Editor's Note: www.detroitnews.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: drewlander

FYI, NO Republicans voted "YES" on the final vote to pass the Affordable Care Act. The Democrats own this piece of crap, lock stock and barrel.

The GOP owns the failure. They have done nothing but stage go no where repeals instead of working to fix problems. Never once offered another plan to replace. Just non-stop repeal failure after failure.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

a reply to: drewlander

FYI, NO Republicans voted "YES" on the final vote to pass the Affordable Care Act. The Democrats own this piece of crap, lock stock and barrel.

The GOP owns the failure. They have done nothing but stage go no where repeals instead of working to fix problems. Never once offered another plan to replace. Just non-stop repeal failure after failure.

The GOP WILL own this junk car on January 20th. Hopefully, they'll push it over the cliff. Then open the garage door and roll out the new set of wheels.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join