It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

From ObamaCARE in 2010 -to- ObamaSCARE in 2013 -to- ObamaSCREW for 2017.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
October 24, 2016

Today, at www.healthcare.gov... , the Obama administration released the 2017 health insurance premiums for those who purchase their own coverage. Joe Biden was right when he was overheard excitingly whispering in Obama's ear that the freshly signed The Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA) was a "Big Phuckin Deal", back in March of 2010.

Biden, Obama, and all the inner-circle, knew at that time that the over-complicated PPACA could not sustain itself. As Donald Trump says, it is collapsing under it's own weight. But, the PPACA is a means to an "end", which I describe in the Summary section of this post.

For 2017, the average nationwide premium increase for what has come to be known as "ObamaCare", is a whopping 25% over and above the current 2016 premiums. The financial responsibility that people with ObamaCare health insurance plans must bear, before the plan pays 100% of their annual medical costs, increases from the current $6,850, to $7,100 PER YEAR, starting on January 1, 2017.

Real World Example:

Here in the Chicago area for 2017, we will no longer have AETNA, COVENTRY, UNITED HEALTHCARE, HARKEN Health, HUMANA, and the U.S. Government health insurer, known as Land of Lincoln Health. (It went broke on October 1, 2016) All customers who have personal health policies from any of these companies, are losing their coverage on December 31, 2016.

Only BLUE CROSS, AMBETTER (Celtic), and CIGNA individual health plans are available to the 9.7 million people in the Chicago metropolitan area for 2017.

For someone who is age 50, Non-Smoker, in the Chicago area for 2017.
Blue Cross - Silver PPO - $7,100 Out-of-Pocket Medical Liability. Premium = $696.00 PER MONTH. ($523.00 This Year. A 25% Increase!)

Obama Administration's "SPIN":

REF: www.cnbc.com...

As you see in the above article, to ease concern amongst consumers (voters), the Obama Administration is pointing to the Subsidies (Tax Credits) as off-setting the Premium Increases. But what they don't tell us is that a single person who earns more than $47,000 will NOT receive premium assistance. The closer you get to $47,000, the smaller the amount of money the government (i.e. taxpayers) will pay the insurance company to lower the amount of money you must pay every month for your premium. Once again, this "premium assistance" vanishes once you eclipse $47,000.

The claim that 77% of all ObamaCare customers pay less than $100.00 a month is classic Democratic SPIN. They say this because, of the 19 million Americans enrolled in ObamaCare as of 2016, more than 8 million are on MEDICAID...which is FREE (crappy) government coverage. (Once again, Taxpayers foot the bill.) Actually, of the 12 million who pay monthly premiums, only a small percentage pay under $100 a month out of their own pocket. The Obama administration will not divulge this number, of course. It would demonstrate that they LIED to America...again.

Summary:

In 2017, even those who have health insurance at work, will feel the negative effects of ObamaCare's higher premiums and higher Deductibles. Up to this point, employer health plans have been pretty much insulated from the devastating effects of ObamaCare. But that barrier is now being breached by all the pressure and turmoil hitting the individual plan market. Employers are less willing to shoulder the increasing costs, and will be passing much of it along to employees.

In 2013, SENATOR Obama said that the U.S. needs SINGLE-PAYER health coverage. That is, the government will pay for every legal and illegal resident's medical care. But, he said, America wouldn't accept such a program out-right. A "back door" method would need to be implemented. It's widely agreed that what we know as ObamaCare, IS that back door method. When the current "death spiral" reaches a critical point, Americans will be ripe for this major change to how their medical care is delivered.

The next President of the U.S. will determine if we begin the swift transition to Single-Payer, and the associated tax increases that will be required. Or, whether we move to some type of "hybrid" system, where the government will take care of medical care for the sick, and the healthy will purchase the insurance they need and can afford, like it was before 2010. In my opinion, the HYBRID system is what should have been implemented in 2010. PPACA-Obamacare's solution was to remove the WART by chopping off the entire hand. It's Overkill on steroids.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/24/2016 by carewemust because: made hc.gov link clickable

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"If you like your money, you can keep your money."

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Obama was not a Senator in 2013...and I threw up a little bit in my mouth just typing that.

Or was he...?

edit on 24-10-2016 by NewzNose because: ALLOWANCE FOR POSSIBLE MANDELA EFFECT MAKING OBAMA A LOWLY SENATOR IN OPs REALITY TIMELINE...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This was one of the biggest rip offs. Democrats wanted Obama to be able to boast about a great achievement, and they were willing to ram anything down our throats and call it heroic.

Exchanges are collapsing, premiums have gone way overboard, and people are being forced into government insurance.

It's only going to get worse, since it is now ok to mandate the purchase of insurance. I'm sure the government will decide what to make us buy when this comes crashing down around our ears.
edit on 24 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

more bs from the party so proud to have singlehandedly ruined healthcare in america.

as crappy as the gop is, no gop rep voted for this garbage. its all in the dems lap.

it hurts the working poor the most, think they will vote with their wallet?

choke on your crappy obamacare dems, it will get people out to vote just not the way you like.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Don't get taken for a ride !!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the Gruber voters won't remember who got them to this point...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Insurance companies had been raising rates before the ACA. And they still will as long as they can. This has just been a deflection.

Health care has become another big. money making business.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Obamacare was just a gateway for socialized medicine.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i agree
if they can get the right people in office

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I had a reply about how if anything healthcare is a decent thing for taxes to go on, instead I'll just shout communist care.

COMMUNIST CARE!
WOO HOO!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I heard that it was a money grab so the elites could put the finishing touches on the underground bases. I tend to believe it too, o-care was def a money grab for something.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Insurance companies had been raising rates before the ACA. And they still will as long as they can. This has just been a deflection.

The insurance companies aren't making money on ObamaCare health plans. You don't bail out of entire markets, if you're making money.

But, many people who are on the TREATMENT end are making a killing. As long as Americans say, "My Tummy Hurts. Make me feel better, NOW! I don't care what it cost!", the medical establishments will continue to take advantage, by charging as much as they can. Democrats didn't put ANY price controls in the 23,000 pages of legislation.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i just heard 10 million more votes for trump

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

My company-based health care premiums were increasing about 3-5% per year from 2000 to 2008.

In 2009 they spiked +60%

From 2010 to present they have increased 8-10% per year.

If what I read today is true, they will go up +20-25% next year.

Thanks Obama. Thanks Dems.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
With "Hitlery Care"...the Government decides who lives, who dies.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The whole idea behind insurance is a gamble- you pay up front hoping not to be taken in the behind. IF you have medical expenses, then insurance that you already paid is supposed to take up some of the slack.

Obviously, though, they're in it for a profit. You'll NEVER get more back in insurance (as the average person, not as an individual) than you paid in. EVER.

That being said, making insurance mandatory defeats the purpose. Allow me to explain, since it turns out most people don't get this.
Before insurance, if you had a medical bill, you had to pay 100% of it- or be financially screwed. Possibly for life.
Once insurance was introduced, people who were weary of this could pay a small amount in regularly, and then if/when they were hit, they'd have a softer blow, buffered by the insurance payout. Which again, on average, is less than you've paid in.
Once more than about 65% of people had insurance though, something odd happened. Medical services starting increasing rapidly in price. The majority of their income was now coming from patient insurance companies rather than their patient pockets. Rates rose- and out of pocket cost for patients rose too, but much more slowly than out of insurance costs.
Out of that, insurance rates had to go up. And they will- forever- until that's not where the money is coming from.

Now, of course, someone (think banks?) decided to make insurance mandatory. Now we ALL have it, and insurance is "paying" 80% of everyones medical bills. Everyone is paying 20% of their own- and 80% of everyone elses- PLUS the overhead to the insurance companies.

From this, we get child birth bills that cost tens of thousands of dollars, $1200 x-ray consults, $15 addon fees to get a tylanol off the nurse.

The only way to bring down healthcare costs is to remove insurance. When people don't pay for healthcare because they can't afford it, it will have to get cheaper or go away- and it's not about to go away.

My insurance costs more than I'd like to admit- and I've not seen a doctor in three years because my plan got all screwed up with obamacare and I couldn't afford it anymore- so my share, paid monthly, goes to pay for healthcare for other people.
That money could, and should, be going into my special checking account specifically set aside for emergencies. Todays balance, $0.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

No he was not. Repubs literally took bribes to pass this crap. Ultimately it was Bart Stupak who tipped the scales on this bill. Or law. Or tax. Or whatever they are calling it today.

Despite not being a senator, Obama sure touted the thing like it was gonna be his legacy and I'm sure he had a hand in getting it passed. Stupak publicly regretted voting for it. I'm still waiting to see an apology from Boehner & Co.

Back on topic to the thread, I lost "friends" over this bill because I said exactly this would happen. Affordable my @s$. I said from the beginning they should expand medicare if they are serious about making it affordable.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

FYI, NO Republicans voted "YES" on the final vote to pass the Affordable Care Act. The Democrats own this piece of crap, lock stock and barrel.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join