It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. Loses Appeal in Terri Schiavo Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Supreme Court refused Monday to reinstate a Florida law passed to keep a severely brain-damaged woman hooked to a feeding tube, clearing the way for it to be removed. How soon that would happen, however, was unclear.

The Florida Supreme Court had struck down the law last fall, and the justices were the last hope for state leaders who defended the law in a bitter long running dispute over the fate of Terri Schiavo.

Her husband, Michael Schiavo, contends she never wanted to be kept alive artificially. But her parents told justices in a filing that their son-in-law is trying to rush her death so he can inherit her estate and be free to marry another woman.

apnews.myway.com...

This is truely amazing and should scare anyone who has a loved one in the care of a hospital. Now we have state sponsored murder of the unborn and sick, how soon till we murder the old.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So they are just going to let her sit there for 11 to 18 days for her to starve to death?

When I watched the video of her I saw her moving here head and looking around. What if she could understand what is going on but cant speak? What a horrible death

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

She left no written directive.

I think that says it all. Everyone should make their wishes known. Sad that this should happen. I would not want to live like this, if you want to call it life. I doubt many sane people would want to vegetate like she has for over 15 years.

I'm not gonna comment on the husband or the parents. I don't know their real agendas. I also don't know who's been footing the bill to her her "alive".

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I think that says it all. Everyone should make their wishes known.

I'm not gonna comment on the husband or the parents. I don't know their real agendas. I also don't know who's been footing the bill to her her "alive".

I have a written directive as does my husband - we have no desire to be in that state. But the Schiavo case just bothers me. This woman told no one but her husband about her wishes - just seems convenient somehow. I was suprised that the courts allowed her husband to remove the tube to begin with since she didn't have written instructions. I always thought that was a must.

But considering her parents are willing to become her caregivers and he has a new family to care for - why not give them custody and control at this point? How much is left in that lawsuit settlement anyway?

Whatever the true situation between these family members - it should be an eyeopener to get your wishes in writing while you can.

B.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Listen to Terri talking on this audio recording...she is clearly not unconscious. I just heard Jeb Bush say on TV that Terri was misdiagnosed, and that she is really in something like a lower state of consciousness...and that because of this misdagnosis the whole situation needs to be reevaluated.

Judge for yourself...listen to the audio...it sounds to me like she is trying to talk...

www.cottongraphicdesign.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Add this to one of the other thousand Terri threads

thread closed

top topics

join