It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Voter Eligibility Testing... reconsidered?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ATS member Stevemagegod's recent thread, With Trump America is Shooting itself in the Foot, but with HRC America is shooting itself in the Head, and some immediate responses to it just got me thinking about the age old concept of Voter eligibility testing...

The nation already is broken, and aside from the wretched 2 party system in general, its got everything to do with systemic corruption, Wall Street lobbyists, the Military Industrial Complex, foreign influence, the War On Drugs and so on.

And you all know it. I've seen most of you admit it.

To cling to her and her kind all the way through election day is an assured diagnosis of Stockholm Syndrome.

Anyone that has spent immense time looking at the system, and can't see that, or even worse, they see it but will still vote for such a status quo, frankly, they probably shouldn't even be allowed to vote. Although they are the case study today, this isn't necessarily about them, while do consider voting isn't even a right. In fact, perhaps people taking if for granted for so long is part of the problem.

Once upon a time I was appalled to see people suggest "testing" for voter eligibility. Over the years, as I seen how much people being suckers for the indoctrination, social engineering, media falsehoods, electioneering, etc propaganda I've grown more comfortable with the whole idea.

The problem is how to do it. How to make it work. Just testing for IQ, well I'm not sure IQ above 80 should even be considered as a metric. The kind of bias we're seeing this election, now we're talking.

You see, in the past, by the time we got to the general election there really wasn't too much difference in eventual outcome to be expected, as long as it would ebb and flow back and forth between the "two" parties they would at least keep their different formats of the same brand in some semblance of check.

For as long as I've been alive this has been the case, where the two Ruling Establishment puppet picks were delivered to us by them via the two parties and the media (all of which they more or less or might as well rule over). The only exception to the rule was when Ross Perot (i) made it up there and came quite close to a victory. In response to that the media and said parties banded together to ensure independents could never get into the debates and challenge their rule again.

This time we have a nutty yet accomplished newcomer enter the arena with new ideas. This guy has made his platform on being against corruption and other various outside corrosive forces and influences.

His opponent is the worst of the worst in terms of all of the worst things we normally see in politicians. The true archetype of sinister & corrupt politickery. The deceiver of deceivers. The jury is in. This is just plain fact. Even most of the Hillary people around here admit it, as the ones with a lick of sense know to say otherwise is a losing argument. Yet their partisan bias is so hardwired into their knee jerk brains they are literally addicted to self-deception on these matters (neuroscientifically speaking).

So here Trump being shouted down for more or less being a dirty old man, despite the fact that Bill is a dirty old man and he's part of the Hillary package deal, just like she was when he was POTUS. He got impeached for it, Hillary mistreated the mistreated woman, and their loyal subjects want to put him back in!

So we have the basis for the test:
#1: Need to score over 80 on a qualified IQ Test.
#2: Need to pass a basic ignorance test. People need to be able to show they have at least a reasonably half way decent understanding of American History and current events.
#3: Need to pass the Hypocrite Test. Total hypocrites are tantamount to being pathological liars (a condition which should also be part of this examine).
#4: Need to pass the Political Bias Test. Political Bias currently mainly refers to the blind adherence to and adoration of the Republican/Democrat Party's, their leaders and whatever ideas and policies the two crank out no matter how insane, destructive or oppressive they might be. "Pathological Self-Deception" is a core facet to this test, where Pathological Lying is core to the Hypocrite Test.

The approximate ratio's of importance are: IQ (5%), Ignorance (15%), Hypocrisy (40%) & Binary Political Bias (40%).

Or perhaps the deception metrics should be isolated resulting in such: IQ (5%), Ignorance (15%), Hypocrisy (20%) & Binary Political Bias (20%), Pathological Lying (20%) and Pathological Self-Deception (20%).

For clarity on what I'm getting at here, do note that an intelligent person can still be stupid. Consider the argument that humans are the stupidest animals in the known universe (as I like to say it). Can you really argue otherwise? Also note that ignorance isn't stupidity, or being 'dumb', etc. It's merely not knowing about 'whatever'. My point with all this is that each of the 'Dark Four' (Hypocrisy, Pathological Deception, Political Bias and Pathological Self-Deception) can have a person behave and react as 'dumb' and ignorant as could ignorance and low IQ combined.

Of course, much development would have to be done before the related details could be worked out. But you have to start some where, while the general framework above should be an ideal and plausible starting point.

Yet the practicality of such a thing actually working in the real world isn't so promising.

My posting this is far more an appeal to people look into themselves, to overcome the irrational party servitude they'd been indoctrinated into, rather than being an actual policy proposal.

Know thyself, and may the neurons be with you!

This is coming from a libertarian minded independent, but not a politically biased Libertarian party follower.

-IIB
edit on 24-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Can we also have a delusional test?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

That's effectively what I just described. Weren't you able to see it?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

YES!

Can we get an IQ tests for driving also please? They already test for ignorance of driving laws, but I don't think the other metrics will work for that.
edit on 24-10-2016 by thesungod because: an

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Any citizen that pays taxes gets to vote. They paid for that right to participate....no exceptions!!

Even sales taxes go to support the American infrastructure.

Or should we go back to the system where women, blacks, Native Americans aren't allowed to vote?

Or only land owners?
edit on 24-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It appears you didn't read the entire thing, and instead replied to the basic notion of a test (in general).

If you read it you'll see hypothetical tenets of the test was about (to answer the questions you asked), and you'll also see what the actual point of my writing this was. In other words, this was all was n part a thought experiment.

Otherwise, are you implying that women / blacks / native's are dumb, ignorant politically biased pathologically self/deceptive hypocrites?
edit on 24-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

just by the tone of your op, I have a feeling that your view of what is "dumb, ignorant politically biased pathologically self/deceptive hypocrites" is one sided??

at least with hillary, I have a pretty good idea where the country is heading, I might not like where it's heading, but at least I know, and who knows maybe there is a good endgame to their plan... doubt it, but....
with trump I don't see how anyone could know, he's the wild card of wild cards.

and while you are telling people they are too stupid, or dumb, or hypocritical to make an intelligent vote, can we talk about how so many danged lies are told (by everyone) that it is practically impossible to make an informed decision to begin with? this has been a problem in the previous elections, but this election it has ventured out into la la land.. my guess is that we lose no matter who wins. so no, I am not voting for trump, and no, I am not voting for hillary. I will be voting for a third party candidate with the hope that my vote added to many others will give the third parties enough clout to at least take part in the debates next time around. maybe if the two parties have some competition it will force their candidates to at least act like grown ups and the debates will be worth watching for a reason. outside of comic relief! that's if there is actually a next time around.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm saying that binary political bias group think can and does turn otherwise intelligent people into de facto morons, and therefore people ought to acknowledge it and evolve above it. A common thing is many of my works the past decade, and as big as a problem as all the usual stuff we hear about being wrong with DC and wrecking our nation (albeit socially engineered into society by the same kind of forces that are causing those other problems).

If you're not voting for Shillery Billary (in over-arching defiance of all reason, ethics, morality and integrity compared to her other 3 opponents combined) then this whole big hypothetical thought experiment wouldn't even inherently apply to you (although it is a tendency inherent in human nature that all people should acknowledge to be able to avoid).

These portions of human nature are an uncomfortable subject for most, and as such my works related to it rarely get much response therefore attention, so I'm always looking for new ploys to approach the subjects. Here I got to also address the provocative concept of voter eligibility testing, something which the Hillary followers really have me reconsidering as the political bias we're seeing from them trumps all other US historical examples I've ever heard of it (and this is a anchor subject for me I always have mind towards noticing this kind of stuff).
edit on 25-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and while you are telling people they are too stupid, or dumb, or hypocritical to make an intelligent vote, can we talk about how so many danged lies are told (by everyone) that it is practically impossible to make an informed decision to begin with?

Well said.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree. In fact, I think all citizens should be automatically registered as voters once they hit 18. After all, all citizens who are 18 and older are subject to the full extent of the laws.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So you think that cultish groupthink tribalism doesn't dampen human intellect, self/honesty and reason?

If so that's a pity, because both qualitative anecdotes and and quantitative facts clearly demonstrate this to be truth (opposed to perceived reality).

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So you think that cultish groupthink tribalism doesn't dampen human intellect, self/honesty and reason?

If so that's a pity, because both qualitative anecdotes and and quantitative facts clearly demonstrate this to be truth (opposed to perceived reality).

What does any of that have to do with my post?
edit on 25-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

So we have the basis for the test:
#2: Need to pass a basic ignorance test. People need to be able to show they have at least a reasonably half way decent understanding of American History and current events.
#3: Need to pass the Hypocrite Test. Total hypocrites are tantamount to being pathological liars (a condition which should also be part of this examine).
#4: Need to pass the Political Bias Test. Political Bias currently mainly refers to the blind adherence to and adoration of the Republican/Democrat Party's, their leaders and whatever ideas and policies the two crank out no matter how insane, destructive or oppressive they might be. "Pathological Self-Deception" is a core facet to this test, where Pathological Lying is core to the Hypocrite Test.

Lol. Both Hillary and Donny are liars and hypocrites, I don't see a reason why voters should undergo such a test when the candidates are as bad as they are. USA needs to get rid of the outdated 2 party system so the future generations don't have to vote for the lesser evil. Current state of US politics Is like going to the doctor and having to choose between dying of cancer or HIV.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Otherwise, are you implying that women / blacks / native's are dumb, ignorant politically biased pathologically self/deceptive hypocrites?

Nice try, you knew exactly what I meant and tried an insulting twist.

But if you really need it explained....

The folks I mentioned; at one time were denied the vote in America due to racism and sexism and apparently you want to put an intelligence or IQ test to be allowed to vote. By even posting such an absurd proposal; you failed your own test.
edit on 25-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can get behind some basic questions before voting. Like:

Can you name both the Pres. and VP candidates on the tickets?
Can you name who is currently the Pres and VP?
How long is the term of office for the Pres and VP?

Also should we have a private confirmation # after voting so you can go to a .gov website and verify your vote was correct and counted? Because right now it goes into the electronic abyss.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So if I fail your test, I don't have to pay taxes? Ya know that whole taxation / representation thingy the country is founded on and had a revolution for.

If so, I'd gladly give up the RIGHT to vote and not pay any taxes.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So you are now "the decider"? What next? Will you decide who gets to have children, and who gets to eat?

Something is wrong with you, man. Take a vacation.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The only exception to the rule was when Ross Perot (i) made it up there and came quite close to a victory

About 19% of the popular vote is quite close to winning?

Will that effect the history scoring mark.

Just another way to eliminate people who don't vote the same as those proposing the tests.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I swear to protect and defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Do you?

Placing a intelligence test basically eliminates many many republican voters from voting, doesn't it? Low intelligence voters have favored the republican party for a long time, so they couldn't vote according to what you wrote?

We have over 240 years of working on our election rules, men and women, Americans, we have the BEST system known to man, I don't care what Trump says. Why would you want to fix what isn't broken? MCcain, Romney both lost, George H Bush lost!!!

Would you rather have a system where only 1 person runs for president, perhaps legalese murder so so and so can't run for office? The way Putin does it, imprison your political opponent?? One choice would be better than 2 right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join