It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Texas Swapping Equipment - Voting Fraud?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Homeles
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So if Florida doesnt verify this info;even though property taxes/records, birth records are at their disposal; then wouldnt Florida be the one comitting the fraud? And why the 45 day grace period?

And if it so rampant, voter fraud, why hasnt anything been done about it?

No, the law doesn't require them to verify the info. So, it's not fraud. The laws just have major weaknesses that can be exploited.

And I didn't say it was rampant. It might be, it might not be.

We will never know if people are exploiting the laws as I have outlined because it would not raise any red flags in the system.

no red flags = no allegations = no investigations = no evidence collected

edit on 26-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, without offering any ID and without offering any means to verify a voter even exists or is eligible...a person can register successfully to vote, in Florida.
The name must be matched to the last four digits of the SSN.

You do not have to provide the last four digits of a SS# to register to vote in Florida.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEyeNo, the law doesn't require them to verify the info. So, it's not fraud. The laws just have major weaknesses that can be exploited.

Ummm what?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Ummm what?

From the Help America Vote Act (HAVA):

(ii) SPECIAL RULE FOR APPLICANTS WITHOUT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.—If an applicant for voter registration for an election for Federal office has not been issued a current and valid driver’s license or a social security number, the State shall assign the applicant a number which will serve to identify the applicant for voter registration purposes. To the extent that the State has a computerized list in effect under this subsection and the list assigns unique identifying numbers to registrants, the number assigned under this clause shall be the unique identifying number assigned under the list. (iii)

DETERMINATION OF VALIDITY OF NUMBERS PROVIDED.—The State shall determine whether the information provided by an individual is sufficient to meet the requirements of this subparagraph, in accordance with State law.

It's up to Florida to decide if providing NONE of the numbers is sufficient. They decided it's just fine as long as you check the box that says 'None."

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye3. Who are not entitled to register or vote?
(Section 97.041, Fla. Stat.)
You cannot register or vote if you are:
 Adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting unless that
right has been restored.
 A convicted felon unless your right to vote has been restored.
 Not a citizen of the United States of America. (A lawful permanent
resident cannot register or vote in Florida.)

That right there says why they verify who you are. Id or no.

Did anyone catch the last part in parenthesis.

Typo i hope. Or everyone voting in Florida isnt a resident.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye3. Who are not entitled to register or vote?
(Section 97.041, Fla. Stat.)
You cannot register or vote if you are:
 Adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting unless that
right has been restored.
 A convicted felon unless your right to vote has been restored.
 Not a citizen of the United States of America. (A lawful permanent
resident cannot register or vote in Florida.)

That right there says why they verify who you are. Id or no.

Did anyone catch the last part in parenthesis.

Typo i hope. Or everyone voting in Florida isnt a resident.

I assume they mean that you have to be a U.S. citizen and merely being a lawful permanent resident is not enough?

Poorly worded if that's the intended meaning.

ETA: Ultimately, there are situations, created by Florida voting laws and federal voting laws, where fictional people and non-U.S. citizens could register to vote and cast a mail-in ballot, in Florida.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I must commend your efforts.

It's like watching a grown up tell an unknowing child over and over again that something is green and the kid keeps asking, "so, it's purple?"

You've laid everything out so cleanly and are using perfect English but for some reason, it's just not sinking in.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Oh God, thank you for saying that. I have been busting my brain trying to think of another way to communicate this.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEyeYes, special identification requirements apply only if you are a first-time voter in the
state and you registered by mail and have not been issued a Florida driver
license number, Florida identification number, or a Social Security number,

The special id applies here^see above^
For that specific instance
You still provide required information for voting by mail. First time or not.

13. How can I request a vote-by-mail ballot?
(Sections 101.62 and 101.69, Fla. Stat.)
You, or if directed by you, a member of your immediate family or your legal
guardian, may request a vote-by-mail ballot from your Supervisor of Elections.
If you make the request, you must disclose:
 Your name;
 Your address; and
 Your date of birth;
If your immediate family member or legal guardian requests the ballot for
you, he or she must provide the following additional information:
 The requester's name;
 The requester's address
 The requester's driver license number, if available;
 The requester's relationship to the voter; and,
 The requester's signature (written request only).
The request can be made either in person, by mail, by fax, by phone, by
email or online through the Supervisor of Elections’ website. If you do not
otherwise specify which election, one request serves as a request to receive an
vote-by-mail ballot in all elections (for which you are eligible to vote) occurring
from the date of the initial request through the end of the calendar year
following the second ensuing regularly scheduled general election.
The deadline to request that a vote-by- ballot be mailed to you is 5 p.m. on the
sixth day before the election. Vote-by-mail ballots will be mailed by non-
forwardable mail to the voter’s current mailing address on file or any other
address specified by the voter in the request. If you ask that the ballot be
mailed to an address other than one on file, you have to submit a signed written
request unless you are an absent uniformed services voter or an overseas.

They still have to be verified by law. No matter the age.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEyeYes, special identification requirements apply only if you are a first-time voter in the
state and you registered by mail and have not been issued a Florida driver
license number, Florida identification number, or a Social Security number,

The special id applies here^see above^
For that specific instance
You still provide required information for voting by mail. First time or not.

What am I doing wrong here in trying to explain? You seemed to have gotten part-way through that page of the voter-guide and then stopped without finishing the page.

No. You do not need to show ID if you are a first-time voter using a mail-in ballot, in Florida, even if you never provided an ID before your first mail-in vote or provided a DL# or SS#.

Under those circumstances, you do NOT have to provide ID, if you claim are over 65:

Link to Florida Voter Guide

The entire page from the guide:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Didnt mean to get you upset.

Yes I read the whole thing. I too downloaded the pdf.

I guess talking down to someone is all you have left.

When you have been shown the laws does not fit your narative.

Or that we dont hear about the jails in Florida being overpopulated with fraudulent voters.

It is not your explanation that isnt working. It is your understanding.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

When you have been shown the laws does not fit your narative.

Or that we dont hear about the jails in Florida being overpopulated with fraudulent voters.

It is not your explanation that isnt working. It is your understanding.

LOL.

It all makes sense now. I noticed you didn't post a single link. I wondered if you were being intentionally obtuse.

You were/are.

Got it now. You can read just fine, you are simply playing stupid.

No, I showed YOU the state & federal laws. I provided links to voter registration and mail-in ballots requests. I provided you the Florida Voter Registration guide.

You cherry-picked parts that fit your argument and ignored the rest. People aren't stupid enough to fall for that.

Like Jaded noted, I felt like an adult talking to a willfully ignorant child. Take your account back into hibernation until the next election. You aren't fooling anyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Back at ya. I posted the same source as yourself.

But since you posted it. It holds weight I guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Back at ya. I posted the same source as yourself.

But since you posted it. It holds weight I guess.

Right, because I provided you the link.

AND, it holds weight because it's the verifiable TRUTH. I was not being dishonest, like you, and I posted my sources for CONTEXT.

Also, I happen to be 100% correct and you happen to be 100% dishonest and willfully ignorant.

You never posted any link to any sources. NONE. You simply chose cherry-pick portions of quotes to suit your argument. I imagine you were hoping that no one would actually verify your false claims.

I posted links to sources so that anyone could read the context of any portion I highlighted here.

And, LASTLY, I posted the entire page of the Florida Voter Guide to show that you entirely skipped over the part that says:

However, if you fall into one of the categories, the identification is not required, but you must swear or affirm under penalty of perjury on your ballot certificate that you are exempt because you:

• Are 65 years of age or older.

LINK FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME (see page 12 in the pdf)

Please. You are a total waste of time. At least you can pat yourself on the back for wasting my time.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Someone is hot under the collar. Did the bubble sting when it popped?

Here ya go my very own link that shows the voter fraud that Florida doesnt look for.

The amounts of voter fraud are simply astounding.
www.tampabay.com...

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Someone is hot under the collar. Did the bubble sting when it popped?

Here ya go my very own link that shows the voter fraud that Florida doesnt look for.

The amounts of voter fraud are simply astounding.
www.tampabay.com...

Enjoy

Oh? Are you hot under the collar?

As I stated, the scenario I outlined would produce no red flags, no allegations, no investigations, no evidence collected.

Shove your strawman.

If I were a shill *forced* to produce dishonest commentary, LIKE YOURS, on internet forums, I would fling myself off the nearest tall building.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They didn't let me vote. Said I didn't register. False completely. I am a man who went into the army in 03 not because I had to but because my country called and I felt the need to answer that call. After that need felt the need to serve the people in my community as a paramedic which I spent my GI bill on. Now I mean nothing. My vote isn't worthy of this election. I know I registered. That's where we are in Texas. This small town knows who I am by name as I was a witness in a high profile murder case from 2013 to 09/2015 as I just tried to do the right thing and save a man's life from a fatal knife wound. Now they act as if I'm a stranger. I have never felt more estranged from my country which I've loved so deeply.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It was interesting reading that Chambers County in Texas abandoned use of their electronic machines after so many problems and instituted a paper ballot that was printed on an emergency basis.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good night everyone

First of all, I'd like to apologise for any mistakes. My English is not so good and my phone spell check is for a different language

I am posting for the first time because reading so many topics about US Elections one thing baffles me
and maybe someone can explain: why such a well developed and hi-tech country as US still have a voting system so primitive and open to fraud in so many waya (I'm only assuming this because of what I've been reading here lately)

I'm from a third world messy country with many polítical problems, but still the vast majority here trust that we don't have major concerns about election fraud. (Sometimes a sore loser cries about, but I have never heard about relevant fraud issues).

For comparison sake, here:

Everyone over 16 can be a registred voter. Everyone over 18 must be.

People between 18-70 must vote or justify that didn't (not necessary to present a reason but there is a registred signed paper to prove you didn't vote to avoid anyone votes in place of the ones who didn't). The ones who don't vote or justify must pay a fine to be in a regular situation gain which is necessary for many things as for exemple receive restituion from taxes - so money, a great incentive)

To vote or justify you must present your voter registration card + ID with photo (I don't Know the specifics but there are a few more requirements for idêntical twins)

No early votes. Votes are exclusive in polling stations in a determined time.

100% of voting in eletronic equipament. Even in cities in the middle of nowhere.

In all polling places there must be an official person from each party to verify the process. (The equipament comes sealed from the electoral superior court and once opened emits a ticket showing the voting count which must be zero. In the end it emits a new one for every party with the total number of votes in each equipament without identifying the voters.)

Since it is all eletronical, results are ready in a few ours and we are a huge country that elect president and all congress in the same day)

So, why such a well developed country so great in so many areas has a system so pooly controled and with so many gaps). What are the advantages of it? I'm not saying my country is better - actually far from it - and I have many criticims to ouro polítical system). But, US could do better.

Sorry for such a huge text. But as I said, it baffles me.

edit on 28-10-2016 by BelugaHBSB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BelugaHBSB

I believe that the 2 major parties have left their antique and arcane system intact so that they could press their advantage when the opportunity arose.

It is stunning that there is no federal standard for the method and manner of voting for President, for the members of the House of Representatives. or for the US Senate.

In general, the people of the USA do not care that their electoral system makes their country look like a joke to the rest of us in the world. But now that they see how many problems there are with their system for federal elections, perhaps they will have the will to change laws and even their Constitution to require a uniform standard for elections.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join